header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.

(Read 213801 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.
« Reply #658 on: September 17, 2018, 02:37:12 PM »
well, now I'm curious and will take a peek
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #659 on: October 08, 2018, 03:03:59 PM »
Wallowing around here in the week after a RRS game that was lost, and I'm in serious need of some consolation. 
Time to listen to one of my latest downloads, the ever babelicious Alicia Keys.  Can't get enough of her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urdlvw0SSEc

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #660 on: October 08, 2018, 06:02:17 PM »
Seriously does anybody really care about the LHN?  

Yes - to watch Longhorn baseball.  Very cool from that standpoint.

Wouldn't it have been so much better to transform the LHN into the Big XII network?

You'll have to ask ESPN.

Sometimes I find in life that although you can do something, it doesn't always mean you should.

Find me another school that would have turned ESPN away.  No thanks, we don't want our own network.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #661 on: October 08, 2018, 07:10:10 PM »
Come on Caveman, try to find an article anywhere in cyberspace written recently that says the LHN has been anything but a disaster.  Go ahead, I'll wait.  

A simple search like "longhorn network status 2018" yields articles like:

https://awfulannouncing.com/league-networks/what-does-the-future-hold-for-longhorn-network.html

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #662 on: October 08, 2018, 07:42:27 PM »
disaster for ESPN and the Big 12

apparently the Horns are still cashing good checks

not a disaster for the Horns
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #663 on: October 08, 2018, 07:49:19 PM »
Seriously does anybody really care about the LHN?  Wouldn't it have been so much better to transform the LHN into the Big XII network?  
Sometimes I find in life that although you can do something, it doesn't always mean you should.  
and this is where 320 interjects the fact that the Big12 voted down establishing its own network prior to the creation
of the LHN
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #664 on: October 14, 2018, 08:15:15 PM »

Cold front just hit Brownwood.  Should be blowing into Austin in a couple.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #665 on: October 14, 2018, 08:18:21 PM »
Come on Caveman, try to find an article anywhere in cyberspace written recently that says the LHN has been anything but a disaster.
I am no fan of LHN.  Many here are sick of my anti-LHN ramblings and do not wish to hear it again.
But I say again - find me any school that would have turned ESPN away.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #666 on: October 14, 2018, 09:28:49 PM »
No doubt.  T95's self-loathing peaks with the LHN.  He hates the thing and blames it for all the ills of the world, basically exactly the same as the Aggies.  And if the shoe fits...

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #667 on: October 14, 2018, 11:44:12 PM »
So being part cat, curiosity got to me and I had to find Brownwood on the map.  I spent the better part of a week duck hunting around Throckmorton once and thought it might close to there, but I see now it’s about 100 miles south of there.  

So what exciting about Brown County?  Do you have any attractions worth seeing?  One of my favorite things to do in central Texas is nose around in road cuts and river beds collecting fossils, but that might be too far west of prime fossil country?  Or not? 

What about places to eat?  What’s Browneood known for cuisine/restaurant/diner wise?  

Or is it like Luchenbach where nobody’s feeling any pain?  Or Muskogee where white lightnin’s still the biggest thrill of all (which of course was untrue - it was more like dazed and confused than anything else when I was there)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #668 on: October 14, 2018, 11:50:26 PM »
No doubt.  T95's self-loathing peaks with the LHN.  He hates the thing and blames it for all the ills of the world, basically exactly the same as the Aggies.  And if the shoe fits...
So you suspect our BC friend of being a closet Aggie?  Ha, that would be funny if he was a pseudo-Horn.  Weirder things have happened, although for the life of me I can’t imagine anyone going to all the trouble to have a false identity.  Wouldn’t be, you know, just kind of exhausting?

Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #669 on: October 15, 2018, 08:13:14 AM »
I don't hate the LHN at all.  In fact, I'm quite thankful for it.  It was the catalyst that spurred us to leave.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #670 on: October 15, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »
I don't hate the LHN at all.  In fact, I'm quite thankful for it.  It was the catalyst that spurred us to leave.

me too
when aggie left the Big12 and went to the sec
the quality of play went up in both conferences 
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #671 on: October 15, 2018, 09:35:47 AM »
So you suspect our BC friend of being a closet Aggie?  Ha, that would be funny if he was a pseudo-Horn.  Weirder things have happened, although for the life of me I can’t imagine anyone going to all the trouble to have a false identity.  Wouldn’t be, you know, just kind of exhausting?
I believe BC is exactly who and what he claims to be.  I have many friends in real life who are even more absurd and exasperating than he is.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.