header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Coaching Carousel

(Read 4612 times)

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Coaching Carousel
« on: November 27, 2017, 09:48:48 AM »
How weird is it that the Big12 has the most coaching stability right now?  It looks like no one is going to get Matt Campbell out of ISU and Kirby Hocutt announced Kingsbury is returning to TT.  Unless Bill Snyder decides to retire, we're looking at returning the same head coaches at every school.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »
Jim Mora, Jim McElwain, Todd Graham, Kevin Sumlin, Todd Graham, Brent Bielema, Butch Jones, Gary Andersen

Today's unemployment list is yesterday's hottest names in coaching prospects.

I guess that's the way it always goes, but honestly Mike Riley was about the only guy fired who was a head scratcher at his time of hiring.  Everybody else seemed like a really good hire.  And I imagine a few of them will still have success in their future.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:22:13 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 04:56:04 PM »
I must be getting old, because I'm agreeing with you out of experience instead of just in theory. 

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
Ever read Animal Farm by George Orwell?   Remember the donkey, Benjamin?

That's my role here.  I live a long time.   I was here before most of you were born and none of you have seen me dead yet.  

I've seen coaches come and go.  I've seen offensive innovations come and go.  I've seen hope and despair.

When things are going great, they won't last.  When things are going bad, they won't last either.

It might get better or it might get worse.  Probably won't make much difference in the big scheme of things.

The helmet schools will still be the helmet schools.  Baylor will still be in the Big 12.  The fans of bad teams will always be happier than the fans of good teams because they have more to hope for and less to agonize over.

You do well trusting me, Amos.  It shows you're smart.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 05:50:40 PM »
Us older guys see everybody else on the interwebz as 20 somethings.

I truly wish I was the 20 something that CH-HH sees me as.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 10:21:49 PM »
I'd settle for just taking 20 something off and being a thirty something

don't think I could survive my 20s twice, barely made it out alive the first time around
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 07:58:44 AM »
So, Frankie, are you guys going to get Scotty Frost?  He looks as impressive as a coach as he did ripping up my Sooners.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.