header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Michigan Season Thread

(Read 74239 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Michigan Offseason Thread
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2019, 08:02:52 PM »
sucks. hopefully he works it out and gets back with the team.
this shift of offensive philosophy with Gattis now in charge- if true- and I'm starting to believe it is- benefits Chris Evans most outside of those WR's. Evans has a real shot to become something special in this type of offense. Won't have that shot though if he's in hot water off the field.
Officially gone.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »
Officially gone.
HUGE blow. Can't be spun any other way.
He was primed to take off in this new offense. He's a match made in heaven for this style of offense. Sucks.

Terrible news that Evans is gone. But there was also some great news: Pep is gone! Yay!

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2019, 11:00:13 PM »
Correction: Not officially gone. Officially suspended. Sounds academic, serious, and self-inflicted. But the door remains open to return. I'm not sure he'll pull it off. And clearly he won't participate in fall ball.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2019, 11:04:48 PM »
Correction: Not officially gone. Officially suspended. Sounds academic, serious, and self-inflicted. But the door remains open to return. I'm not sure he'll pull it off. And clearly he won't participate in fall ball.
I assume you mean spring ball?  Fall ball being the most important of the seasonal balls

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2019, 11:07:43 PM »
Yep. Meant spring.

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2019, 10:58:01 AM »
I'm less optimistic about Evans being back in time for the Fall.  I hope it happens but if the suspension was academic that's going to be hard to overcome as a near senior.  What's he going to do to get back?  Take some low level courses at a community college this Winter and Spring?
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »
It depends on the nature of his problem. He was said to be skipping class last week. So in theory it could be an in-house suspension to correct his behavior. Or he could be truly ineligible in NCAA terms. In which case, I guess we have to ask whether that's by overall GPA or single semester GPA. One of those is automatically corrected by time (as long as he does fair work going forward). The other would depend on how bad he beefed it. If a failure or two knocked him below the career GPA eligibility threshold (2 F's is an extreme example and somewhat doubtful given how these guys' grades are hawked), it would realistically take him 2 semesters of honest effort to pull back above the limit. Which is how many semesters separate us from Fall camp.

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2019, 11:13:11 AM »
OK.  Is Evans still attending class?  If so that's a huge positive.  If he's not enrolled at the U, it's really bad and that was what I was thinking.

No word on Spring practice or game that I could find.  

And I have a warm fuzzy over McDaniels as QB coach.
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2019, 11:18:56 AM »
I believe he is still enrolled. If he's not, it's over. At least for 2019, so probably forever. But either way, no one expects him to participate in spring ball. So one way or another the consequences are real.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2019, 09:11:11 PM »
Pep Hamilton to the XFL.

:hee20hee20hee:

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2019, 09:14:18 PM »
Pep Hamilton to the XFL.

:hee20hee20hee:

We must question the judgement of who hires all of these failed coaches. There are so very many.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2019, 09:34:42 PM »
the XFL in Dallas hired Bobby Stoops???
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2019, 09:29:22 PM »
We must question the judgement of who hires all of these failed coaches. There are so very many.
The XFL is the kind of leauge you'd expect to be filled with coaching rejects. Pep belongs in the XFL.
All the insiders said that Pep was told to look for an NFL job right after the Ohio State game. Harbaugh apparently didn't have the stones to just fire his ass. The problem is no one in the NFL wanted his ass. Pep wound up right where he belongs- in the WWE's football leauge.

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2019, 10:33:28 PM »
Just saw this Family Matters recruiting spoof. Lighthearted and grabs at my childhood programming, so it landed for me:

https://mobile.twitter.com/UMichFootball/status/1093261076496551937

Also: man am I glad that Don Brown will get a chance to work with Daxton. Phew!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.