header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Ohio State and Tom Herman

(Read 10884 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Ohio State and Tom Herman
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2018, 02:54:44 PM »
I wouldn't mind wrestling in the mud with Ms. Michelle.

Remember the movie "Stripes"?

The mud wrestling scene was my favorite part of that movie.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »
those aren't Hogs, Hooky
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »

This type stuff will be the downfall of the Hermans.  At least at Texas.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2018, 05:04:32 PM »
A woman raising money for charity will be her downfall?  What kind of heartless monster are you?

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2018, 05:08:18 PM »
If Tom wins a Big 12 championship this year (something Mack only did twice in 13 years), I wouldn't mind if Ms. Michelle mudwrestles with as many pigs as she wants to mudwrestle with.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2018, 10:21:31 PM »
that would be my attitude
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2018, 11:28:47 AM »
I wouldn't mind wrestling in the mud with Ms. Michelle.

Remember the movie "Stripes"?

The mud wrestling scene was my favorite part of that movie.
Fair? Who said anything about fair? The world isn't fair! Truth isn't fair! Is it fair that you were born that way? No!
They're not expecting anything like you, Ox! They're expecting one of these other lunks, but you're different! You're weird! You're a mutant! A killer! You're LEAN, MEAN, FIGHTIN' MACHINE!
I wouldn't normally recommend it, but she knows her craft. She's just chippy enough to let the subject know he's been engaged without devolving into petty name calling and mud slinging. It requires a precise blend of catty, snark, and restraint. She's a master, and I salute her for it.

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2018, 11:01:10 PM »
If Tom wins a Big 12 championship this year (something Mack only did twice in 13 years), I wouldn't mind if Ms. Michelle mudwrestles with as many pigs as she wants to mudwrestle with.
It’s crazy to think about all the great Texas teams from the early to late 2000s and that they only won 2 conference championships. And then even when Texas managed to sneak by OU somebody like A&M or KSU was there to trip them up. 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2018, 12:50:29 AM »
Yeah we call that cockroaching.  A&M and Kansas State did quite well playing their role of cockroaches.  But the worst cockroaching was definitely Tech in 2008.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2018, 10:25:45 AM »
“Cockroaching” is just Texas fan spin.  The reality is they can’t take it when they get out-played and out-coached by “lesser” programs.  It’s just Texas euphemism for “we suck”

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2018, 10:45:59 AM »
in the minds of Horn fans, every loss is a cockroaching

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2018, 11:09:43 AM »
Nah, no cockroach losses this past season.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2018, 01:32:09 PM »
Do I have to remind everyone of the origin of the term?

In 1961 Texas was 8-0 and ranked #1 in mid to late November when the 2-4-1 TCU Horned Frogs came to Austin and upended the Horns 6-0.  After the game, DKR said, “They’re like a bunch of cockroaches.  It’s not what they eat and tote off, it’s what they fall into and mess up that hurts.”

Hence a cockroach is a team with no aspirations that upsets a team with national championship aspirations.

I wouldn’t say that Texas Tech cockroached Texas in 2008 anymore than I would say that Texas cockroached Nebraska in 1999 because the upsetters were good teams.

I would say Texas cockroached OU in 2015.  I would say Iowa State cockroached Oklahoma State in 2011.  I would say Baylor cockroached Kansas State in 2012.  I would say Oklahoma State cockroached OU in 2001.  I would say Kansas St cockroached Texas in 2006.

Cockroaching happens all the time.   Teams that never compete for conference titles but routinely upset teams who do are recidivist cockroaches.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2018, 06:10:18 PM »
“Recidivist cockroaches” - heh, love the image

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.