header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2018 BTN Bus Tour

(Read 5681 times)

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
2018 BTN Bus Tour
« on: August 04, 2018, 09:40:47 AM »
Dates televised:

8/6 Indiana
8/7 Ohio State
8/9 Rutgers
8/10 Maryland
8/11 Penn State
8/13 Michigan
8/14 Michigan State
8/15 Wisconsin
8/16 Minnesota
8/20 Nebraska
8/20 Iowa
8/21 Illinois
8/22 Purdue
8/23 Northwestern

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:06:34 PM by Temp430 »
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: 2018 BTN Bus Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 08:44:45 PM »
(1) given the split Mondays, I imagine these are the dates they'll televise the show, not the dates of each visit
(2) accidentally (?) dramatic that OSU comes so early
(3) four-fifths of the top meat of the conference is compressed between the 13th and 15th. I'm guessing that's more by geographical design than from a strategy to stretch out the show's interest.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 10:44:57 PM »
14 way tie for first again?

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 11:39:26 AM »
Ha, you do repeat that each year. I disagree. No doubt they are positive at each stop, but the amplitude of their positivity couldn't be more obviously varied. And as the visits accumulate, they also give a "on this side of the ball, these 2-4 teams are obviously miles ahead" quote or two.
So sure it's fluff, but the fluff is in proportion to something real, so if you watch them all and subtract the noise, what's left is something worth gleaning during the final lean-info days of summer.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »
Every team is going to be bigger, stronger, faster, smarter and better.

Absolutely no reason to watch these. I just gave it to ya.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 12:36:34 PM »
It's not quite that bad

I will watch

mostly because there won't be anything better in that time slot
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 12:42:28 PM »
It's not quite that bad

I will watch

mostly because there won't be anything better in that time slot
Hear hear

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 12:54:43 PM »
Ha, you do repeat that each year. I disagree. No doubt they are positive at each stop, but the amplitude of their positivity couldn't be more obviously varied. And as the visits accumulate, they also give a "on this side of the ball, these 2-4 teams are obviously miles ahead" quote or two.
So sure it's fluff, but the fluff is in proportion to something real, so if you watch them all and subtract the noise, what's left is something worth gleaning during the final lean-info days of summer.
I disagree, they pick different areas of each team to be most impressed by, so within a given team that tips you off to probably that team's strong suits, but how that rates against the strengths of conference rivals?  They never tip their hand there.  The best parts of Rutgers' roster draws just as rave reviews as the best parts of Ohio State's

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 01:19:45 PM »
What are the chances they surface something ELA and others have not already divined?

Probably some details, like how the 3rd strong long snapper is looking?

Nah, some of us will watch because it's August and we're getting pumped.

I watched the tail end of the Rose Bowl last night for a few.  I watched the beginning of the NC game and somehow changed channels after a bit.

Auburn will play three straight games in Atlanta.  Georgia Tech does that on occasion I imagine.

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 01:24:21 PM »
I disagree, they pick different areas of each team to be most impressed by, so within a given team that tips you off to probably that team's strong suits, but how that rates against the strengths of conference rivals?  They never tip their hand there.  The best parts of Rutgers' roster draws just as rave reviews as the best parts of Ohio State's
They ultimately rank the units and teams verbally based on what they've seen. That alone dispenses of the idea that everyone gets the same treatment.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 02:30:55 PM »
They ultimately rank the units and teams verbally based on what they've seen. That alone dispenses of the idea that everyone gets the same treatment.
If they've done a bus tour unit rankings before, I've never seen them.

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 03:48:34 PM »
If they've done a bus tour unit rankings before, I've never seen them.
It's always informal, without a graphic, but definitely explicit. And they don't contradict that mile high view as they go (they don't say that each host that day is one of the top few; instead they look back and explicitly say who the top one or few they've seen are).

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:41 PM »
Updated schedule now has the BTN bus in State College on Aug. 11th.
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 12:15:23 PM »
I like the concept.  It's akin to our discussing prospects around here in effect, just on TV, which otherwise would be showing .... what?

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.