header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: ~2017 NFL Thread~

(Read 34034 times)

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: OT: 2017 NFL Thread
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »
The Jets aren't even pretending to not be all in on Darnold
yup.
If I'm Darnold I stay in school. No thanks on the Jets. What a mess that organization is.
If Malik McDowell hadn't been messing around on that ATV really think he would've saw a lot of minutes for the Seahawks as a rookie as he is extremely talented. Now it sounds like he might not even play this year at all and possibly might not ever play again. Hate to hear that.
If the Seahawks OL improves they will find themselves in the Super Bowl. I think. That defense is going to be lights out with the addition of Richardson. Russell Wilson is going into the season fully healthy. And with Thomas Rawls coming back healthy and the signing of a slimmed down Eddie Lacy- they have the RB's to ground out the tough yards. It all comes down to their OL. They get even above average OL play, I think they are in the Super Bowl.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »
Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell signs his one year franchise tag tender. He'll get $12.1 million for this season.

QB Brock Osweiler cut by the Browns and signs with....the Broncos. Lol. Wow.

Indianapolis Colts trade WR Phillip Dorsett to the Patriots for 3rd string QB Jacoby Brissett. Not a good sign for Andrew Luck's health IMO and it's a move that stinks of desperation to me. Not a believer in Brisett. At all. Dorsett averaged 20+ yards per catch in college at "the U". Ran the fastest 40 time at his NFL combine- in the low 4.3's- he's a true burner. As a 1st round pick he's been a bit of a disappointment for the Colts, but Luck barely played with Dorsett his rookie year in 2015 and when Luck did play last year Dorsett averaged over 16 yards a catch on 33 catches. Gives the Patriots a guy with elite speed who can help in the return game with Edelman being out for the season and another guy at WR who can stretch the field vertically and get behind safeties. I think it's an excellent trade. Brissett wasn't likely to play for them this year and he'll never be a starting QB. Might as well get as much value for him as you can.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »
If you can get anything for your QB3, you do it.

I'm surprised the Lions didn't get something for Kaaya, even a 6th round pick or something, assuming they tried.

He was never going to clear waivers.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2017, 01:26:19 PM »
If you can get anything for your QB3, you do it.

I'm surprised the Lions didn't get something for Kaaya, even a 6th round pick or something, assuming they tried.

He was never going to clear waivers.
Lions don't have that New England hype/Belichick mystique. "if he's good enough for New England, he's good enough for us!" "Oh if Bill Belichik drafted him and likes him he must be good!"
Kaaya couldn't beat out Jake Rudock for a back-up role. Not a very good sign for his NFL prospects if you ask me.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »
Rudock looks really good, and has been getting rave reviews.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: ~2017 NFL Thread~
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 09:02:49 AM »
bUMP FOR MERGE

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »
Well, that was the plan at least.  Not sure how to merge threads here

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 09:04:29 AM »
Look at me figuring things out without asking dad for help!

CatsbyAZ

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2017, 02:00:43 PM »
No way Buckeye fans can look to their NFL neighbors for emotional betterment today:

- Browns already in mid-season form after the their first punt (presumably of many more) is blocked for a TD by the Steelers.

- Andy Dalton tossing two early INTs vs the Ravens, one into the end zone.

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 07:44:51 PM »
I don't like making snap judgements but guys I really don't think the Colts are very good. 

The Browns actually look a little frisky. Good running game and OL. I don't know why they didn't keep Pryor though. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2017, 08:42:30 PM »
Lions are on pace for 16-0, so there's that.

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »
Lions are on pace for 16-0, so there's that.
I'd love to see what Stafford could do with a good supporting cast like the Steelers have. 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2017, 05:38:39 PM »
just hope Adrian is as washed up as most people think and he doesn't go for 150 tonight against the Purple defense
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2017, 05:48:26 PM »
just hope Adrian is as washed up as most people think and he doesn't go for 150 tonight against the Purple defense
Judging from yesterday, he won't.
It'll be 6-3 absent some defensive scores.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.