Topic: Copy and pasting previous post

(Read 4891 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Copy and pasting previous post
« on: July 31, 2017, 08:10:59 AM »
For example in the polls, I copy and paste the previous post and then add the most recent result.

However, there is generally all kinds of html coding in it, that isn't visible until you post (or preview) and every time you repost it seemingly randomly changes, and doesn't carry over the spacing or line downs correctly, so it takes a while to re-format your copy/paste.  Just wondering what is going on with that.

Getting used to the new digs, and overall I think I'm gonna like it here.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Copy and pasting previous post
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 08:18:17 AM »
I encountered the precise same thing last night posting from mobile, and didn't have opportunity to track it down. 

I'll figure out what the deal with that is and bounce it out of here... it's about annoying, huh?

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 08:50:27 AM »
I couldn't say with confidence, but I also think I did it a few times with no issue, and just starting maybe on Friday had the issue, through to today.

Not to be a whiner, asking for a friend. 

:88:

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 09:08:18 AM »
i don't take it that way at all, sir- God gifted me with thick skin.

that was actually good info to have... it means i may have thrown a switch that impacted something i didn't intend for it to impact, and now i gotta go figure out what and how... and that info just saved me a lot of time. 

i wager it's in the bbc buttons either 'by default' or 'user activated/decommissioned'...

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »
in the meantime, and I hate to ask you guy's to do this, but...

after you C&P, highlight the post and hit the 'remove formatting' button.. it's the one with the big A in the upper left and smaller A in the lower right.  It will make the thing render properly just as it is in the prior post...

I'll figure out how to make it do that by default just as soon as I can figure it out.. I know it's possible, but... just a matter of finding it. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »
Thank you sir

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.