header pic

The SEC Forum at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: who goes and who stays?

(Read 5765 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
who goes and who stays?
« on: November 12, 2017, 08:20:44 PM »
coaches and players alike..

one of the things last time was $$$ for assistants/coordinators... wonder if that holds still?

so let's do it like this- rating hires in a three tier approach, and off the top of my head:

tier one coach+staff:
players all stay, except for JG... he's been found out.  he'll want to go where he can play.  Kelly is a possibility due to disciplinary issues the new hire may figure.... and if he's truly a tier one, a RB will be easy to find along with linemen to protect them.  this puts UT competitive immediately.

tier two coach+staff:
JG... maybe McBride depending on coaches style.. most the stable of running backs, unless one is dangled a starting job and fits the mold of new hire's scheme... receivers, db's, lb's, linemen- all unknown to me and why i bring this here...

tier three coach+staff:
gonna be rough... real rough.  grand exodus.  

what say y'all?

how is UF going to fare?  are their ranks gonna be poached too?  Arky? Ole Miss? aTm? (given their AD's joins the party)... Is UK gonna have a coach poached? What about assistants throughout the league? Auburn's DC is being tossed around...

this ought to carry us through until next season... keeping up with all this, that is...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:22:32 PM by Drew4UTk »

DunkingDan

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: who goes and who stays?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »
A lot will depend on the coach and his assistants.

Don't see any assistants being retained or staying.

I do think JG will be back.

Kelly under a new coach is going to be immediately looked at as a problem child, I think he leaves.
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 10:47:36 PM »
Taylor, 4star wr pulled commitment. That's 3 today. UT better pick up a phone. 

DunkingDan

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:49:27 PM »
I have thought some about JG returning and had forgotten the family ties to CBJ, so alot may depend on the coach and QB coach 
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »
apparently the tales of Jones contacting recruits and warning them away is true in at least one case.  that's just foul.  if it's confirmed (and it seems to be) it will seriously impact how i feel about that guy.  I really can't think of anything bad to say about him prior, other than he was simply ill equipped for the job- but that isn't a strike against him.  performing in that environment isn't an easy feat.... but purposely undermining? that's bad..... now if he has intentions to take the kid wherever he lands, i can't blame him... and there is a good chance he will land somewhere where the coaching seat needs to be backfilled- such as an Iowa State or UCF.... and the kid in question just may follow him to a place like UCF if there was a shot in hell... 

DunkingDan

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 10:46:39 AM »
apparently the tales of Jones contacting recruits and warning them away is true in at least one case.  that's just foul.  if it's confirmed (and it seems to be) it will seriously impact how i feel about that guy.  I really can't think of anything bad to say about him prior, other than he was simply ill equipped for the job- but that isn't a strike against him.  performing in that environment isn't an easy feat.... but purposely undermining? that's bad..... now if he has intentions to take the kid wherever he lands, i can't blame him... and there is a good chance he will land somewhere where the coaching seat needs to be backfilled- such as an Iowa State or UCF.... and the kid in question just may follow him to a place like UCF if there was a shot in hell...
I don't know if he will land anywhere as a HC.   

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 11:10:07 AM »
he has earned the title 'rebuilder', and i wager some school somewhere will be looking for building... he'll land soft, but where ever he lands will be needing to pay him more than $210k a month..... which.... who on a mid-major scale would afford that?  nobody in their right minds, that's who... 

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.