header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: You Know What I Hate....?

(Read 82848 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: You Know What I Hate....?
« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM »
I will be in Cowtown for bidness next week, Frankie.  Let's plan on dining.

Way up there in Baja Oklahoma, we will practically be in your backyard.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2018, 04:47:13 PM »
sounds delightful

I'll try to remember to remove my cap

yes, way up north is 3 hours on I-35 I don't really care for - each way

btw, I have your business card in my desk drawer
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »
Y'all should meet at that Redneck Heaven joint.  Right up Slick's alley....

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2018, 11:15:43 PM »
I went to a place in Vegas just upstairs from Wahlbangers called Redneck Riviera. Had a waitress that looked like an older version of Courtney Cox in”3000 Miles to Graceland”  - all skinny and flirty and boob brushing.   You know, brushing her boobs up against everyone and everything.

When she sashayed into the kitchen with her wriggly little butt, I said to my friends, “She looks like Courtney Cox only older,” they all thought hard and nodded.

Finally one ‘em says, “You know... Courtney Cox looks like Courtney Cox only older nowadays.”

I thought hard.

And nodded.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2018, 10:35:26 AM »
Y'all should meet at that Redneck Heaven joint.  Right up Slick's alley....

stopped in there a few weeks ago, looking for Shiner..........
won't be going back

didn't find Shiner and we sure as hell didn't find Courtney Cox

whoever that is
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2018, 10:54:38 AM »
I hate stupid warning labels.

Last week I stayed at the Residence Inn in the museum district of Fort Worth.  My room had two or three fire sprinklers in the ceiling.  Each one had a label next to it that showed a coat hanger in a circle with a line through it.

Am I the only person in America who has never had any inclination to hang my clothes from a fire sprinkler?  Is it a common thing?  Have people been doing this for years?   

What the heck?

I never even thought about it.   I never even imagined it.

Course, once the seed was planted... I had to fight the irresistible urge all week long.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2018, 01:31:28 PM »
I love the one warning you not to feed the shampoo to you pet

and I was just going to do that

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2018, 03:56:44 PM »
I love the one warning you not to feed the shampoo to you pet
Wait.... so we're not supposed to feed our pets shampoo?!!!
Darn.  Guess I'd better pick up some cat food on the way home.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »
I hate stupid warning labels.

Last week I stayed at the Residence Inn in the museum district of Fort Worth.  My room had two or three fire sprinklers in the ceiling.  Each one had a label next to it that showed a coat hanger in a circle with a line through it.

Am I the only person in America who has never had any inclination to hang my clothes from a fire sprinkler?  Is it a common thing?  Have people been doing this for years?  

What the heck?

I never even thought about it.   I never even imagined it.

Course, once the seed was planted... I had to fight the irresistible urge all week long.
Fort Worth has a museum district?
Is that the same as the Stockyards District?

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2018, 12:55:56 PM »
Fort Worth has a museum district?
Is that the same as the Stockyards District?
Honestly, I do not know.  Once I get so far up north that I'm in the 32nd parallel, I'm a stranger in a strange and frozen land.   Fort Worth is more akin to your stomping grounds than mine.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2018, 02:04:03 PM »
I visited the stockyards of Fort Worth last Thursday evening......

not for the stockyards aspect, at one time Sewer City was home to the world's largest stockyards

Was at the Fort Worth Top Golf along I-35W, decided to try to find a BBQ place nearby that had beef ribs.  Cooper's at the stockyards had the Beef so wandered down there.

Enjoyed my beef rib w/o a cap on my head.

Ended up in the World's largest Honky Tonk called Billy Bob's.  Quite a place.

Still have some shiny cowgirls in those parts on Thursday evenings.  Ahhhh Whoooo!

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2018, 05:30:50 PM »
I'm glad you found your beef ribs.  I knew that was gnawing on your brother.   

If you're ever down in H-Town, you need to go to Burn's.   

You remember the opening montage of The Flintstones when the sassy little waitress put a plate a ribs on the tray outside Fred's car window and his whole car tips over?

Yeah.  Burns is like that.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »
Louie Mueller in Taylor has a really good beef rib.

Stiles Switch has a very good beef rib, though sadly most of their other meats are less than stellar.  But the beef rib is worth it.

Franklin beef ribs are delicious but what a hassle to get the food.

Not as many folks do beef ribs now as used to, they're just too expensive to procure, and take up too much room on the pit so they're also expensive to produce.  Brisket is a much more cost effective meat, and pork butt even moreso.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2018, 10:05:55 AM »
So the missus and I were in the HEB in Leander and my wife couldn't find the pork shoulder her trendy new recipe called for so I suggested she ask the butcher.  She didn't want to but I insisted that's what they're there for.  And why they have a button.  So she pressed the button and a dude comes out.  He's an old guy, a short guy and he's dressed like the scientist/surgeons in "The Re-Animator": full length coat, gloves, skull cap, facemask around his chin, glasses with lenses that look like the bottoms of Coke bottles.  He's like, "What?.... uh... ma'am... Can I help you?"  So my wife, being naturally cute, sweet and adorable takes about three minutes to shyly and coquettishly ask him if he has any pork shoulder by laying out the complete context of why she needs it, what's she's making, where she got the recipe, everything else that's in it and who told her about the recipe people.  Dood is blinking and opening and closing his right hand this whole time like he wishes he had a meat clever.

Finally my wife finishes her delivery.  Dude looks at her, looks at me and shakes his head like we had just asked him where HEB was.  He audibly sighs and snorts simultaneous, pivots and strides.  We're rushing to keep up.

He grabs a pork butt, hands it to my wife and says, "Here."

My wife looks at it, winces, sadly shakes her head and speaks very slowly like she's trying to trying to make friends with the Elephant Man, and says, "This says 'pork butt.'  I need 'pork shoulder.'"

Butcher says, "It's the same thing."

We step backwards and simultaneously, we try to say, "uh... wait... uh..." but he's gone.  He left right in front of us as we were stammering.   The butcher had left the floor.

So we learned that.   In the arbitrary anatomy of butchers there is no difference between a butt and shoulder.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.