header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: You Know What I Hate....?

(Read 82824 times)

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: You Know What I Hate....?
« Reply #294 on: February 12, 2018, 04:32:36 PM »
I'm moving to Austin in a few years, just to annoy utee
and well, to avoid sub-zero temps and snow
Because Austin is the only place to avoid sub-zero temps and snow.
Just what Austin needs.  Another lemming in a shiny metal box.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: February 12, 2018, 04:47:08 PM »
hah, driving around and around in a bright Husker Red Chevy 4-wheel drive truck!!!

I'm a hilarious menace!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:50:59 PM by FearlessF »
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: February 12, 2018, 05:03:07 PM »
I respect Texans for this.  If yer gonna be the biggest a-hole, embrace it and be proud of it
I’m not sure I’d use the word “respect” here.  More like “am amused by” or “am fascinated by” ... kind of like a visit to Ripley’s Believe it or Not

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: February 12, 2018, 05:08:20 PM »
hah, driving around and around in a bright Husker Red Chevy 4-wheel drive truck!!!
That's just it.  There won't be any driving "around and around".  Brake pedal meet foot.  Foot meet brake pedal.
You'll soon realize the joke's not on Austin.  The joke's on you for moving there.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: February 12, 2018, 05:11:28 PM »
oh, I'll be doing plenty of braking each time I find a fancy Boss Mustang in my rear view mirror!
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: February 12, 2018, 05:18:02 PM »
The 8th wonder of the world = the magnetism of Austin TX

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #300 on: February 12, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »
I’m not sure I’d use the word “respect” here.  More like “am amused by” or “am fascinated by” ... kind of like a visit to Ripley’s Believe it or Not
yes, "respect" is probably a bit much
but, "amused by" isn't enough in my opinion
Commend, appreciate, or applaud would fit better in my mind
although, I'm pretty sure I understand fully what you are inferring 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2018, 05:27:31 PM »
The 8th wonder of the world = the magnetism of Austin TX
I'm a small town dirt farmer - not much into magnets
I'd probably settle up north around Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown, Taylor
Somewhere off the beaten paved freeway near a decent golf course and a good BBQ joint
just like to annoy utee, but not enough to lose a kidney over the deal

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2018, 05:46:54 PM »
I'm a small town dirt farmer - not much into magnets
I'd probably settle up north around Leander, Round Rock, Georgetown, Taylor
Somewhere off the beaten paved freeway
Out towards Taylor will get you off the beaten path pretty quick - may get too rednecky for you in that die-rection.
Leander has been swallowed up.  Keep going northwest.  Round Rock may be ok for you.  Georgetown is still nice but growing.
Marble Falls is nice if you have a bag of money and don't need to work.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2018, 07:38:00 PM »
I don't care about the "rednecky" aspect of the Austin hinterlands, cos I tend to be a cultural chameleon and get along with folks wherever I am.  But I do worry about the heat, and even up in the Hill Country it just gets too darned hot for me to want to spend summers in that part of the world. 

I could see spending winters, falls and springs there though - easily.  For me the Hill Country is the major draw of Austin.  I do like the weirdness factor and 6th Street and the good live music and the overall progressive politics.  But none of that would draw me like the Hill Country does.  What did Jerry Jeff say about dancing naked in the Hill Country rain?  I like his perspective.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2018, 07:49:23 PM »
I don't care about the "rednecky" aspect of the Austin hinterlands, cos I tend to be a cultural chameleon and get along with folks wherever I am.  But I do worry about the heat, and even up in the Hill Country it just gets too darned hot for me to want to spend summers in that part of the world.  

I could see spending winters, falls and springs there though - easily.  For me the Hill Country is the major draw of Austin.  I do like the weirdness factor and 6th Street and the good live music and the overall progressive politics.  But none of that would draw me like the Hill Country does.  What did Jerry Jeff say about dancing naked in the Hill Country rain?  I like his perspective.
The missus and I are working towards spending less & less time in the LCP part of the ATX & more & more time traveling to places in God ‘s green earth.  You know... to savor DIVERSITY in climate, scenery, cusine, music, culture, people.  The security of blandness is only a comfort for the scared & unimaginative.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: February 12, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »
I just need an inexpensive place near a decent golf course, 18 holes is a must - mustang creek just won't do

Blackhawk isn't too expensive in Pflugerville

maybe Georgetown, heck I could end up in Killeen

I don't think it snows much in Dallas

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: February 13, 2018, 09:26:48 AM »
I just need an inexpensive place near a decent golf course, 18 holes is a must
Hill Country and inexpensive are two terms that refuse to co-exist any longer.  Horseshoe Bay has a course near Marble Falls.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2018, 10:24:36 AM »
I'll be looking for inexpensive courses near Arlington next week

going to visit the brother again

haven't seen nor heard from Shiner since the last time I was in Texas

didn't know I was that scary as a damn yankee

dial up some 70 degree sunshine if you can 

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.