header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: oSu @ Texas - how will it go down

(Read 15327 times)

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: oSu @ Texas - how will it go down
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »
Embarrassment of riches?

Again you make some good points about Herman's whining, but the embarrassment of riches is way off the mark.  oSu's QUARTERBACK was bigger than our linebackers and half our DL.  He threw Blondie off him like a rag doll when it was time to get up off the ground.

I appreciate what you are saying about keep pounding the rock, and eventually Warren may open it up.  I agree with this, but that approach is just so contrary to today's air happy OC that they just can't bring themselves to do it.  Unless they work for Nick Saban.

I maintain we could have averaged 3+ yards per carry against oSu, which is all you need.  But we won't stick with it, which is my beef with Beck.  And if he does run, he'd rather run Sam, which oSu was all geared up for.

But hold off on the embarrassment of riches.  Keep an eye on how much of these "riches" are ever scooped up by the NFL.  Malik?  Yeah, there's one.  Anyone can look at this team and tell it doesn't stack up man for man against the top half of Div. 1 CFB, not withstanding the psychology of the Texas uniform.

The only cake baking that was done in the last 3 years was done by Willie Taggart.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:04:11 PM by BrownCounty »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2017, 05:38:40 PM »
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, but at least disagree with what I'm saying and not what I'm not saying.

I said Texas has an embarrassment of riches compared to the 2014 team.  

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2017, 07:37:51 PM »
Well at least it was a close game.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2017, 08:11:06 PM »
Who's your OC now?
Might as well get used to him since the next coach'll name him as our OC.
dude named Danny Langsdorf
claim to fame was working with Eli Manning
before that..... 13 seasons as Riley's O-coordinator and QB coach at Oregon State
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2017, 09:49:05 PM »
Well since you're determined to carry on the analogy, you just showed a picture of a track, which is where the game is, and then showed a picture of horses in stalls, where UT's playmakers are.  BC said Texas is playing with no horses, I agreed.  You then gave picture illustration of Texas playing a game with no horses on the track.  

I'm glad we all agree.  

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2017, 12:09:40 AM »
Just looking back at the past four years of rivals rankings, Texas outranked Oklahoma State every year, and often by a lot.  Except for 2017, Texas has been in the top 20, even top 10 once.  They’re usually in a contest with OU for the highest rivals ranking in the conf (except 2017)  That means a whole lotta 3 and 4 star players, and even a few 5s.  

No question in my mind that Hooky is right, and BC and MDT are wrong on this horsy business when it comes to Texas.  But you can have the best thorough breds in the world and still lose races if you don’t train em right and don’t have a good race strategy.  I’ll stop here since I know next to nothing about horse racing.  In fact you don’t want me near a horse race.  The first time I ever went to a horse track, which was in Argentina in 1989, my first visit there, the horse I bet on died during the race.  I kid you not!

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2017, 09:59:31 AM »
No question in my mind that Hooky is right, and BC and MDT are wrong on this horsy business
This is too easy.  2 years from now when Herman is mud-stomping OU (and a few others), and you scratch your heads wondering what gives... I've already told you.  We don't have the horses.  But we will.

To assume we have the horses now assumes that Herman can't coach, which also implies we are doomed to .500 seasons during his tenure.

Which he will disprove next year.  And the next, and the next...

And be consistent.  If CH=Hooky, then BC=T95.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:02:29 AM by BrownCounty »

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2017, 10:16:09 AM »

No question in my mind that Hooky is right, and BC and MDT are wrong on this horsy business when it comes to Texas.  But you can have the best thorough breds in the world and still lose races if you don’t train em right and don’t have a good race strategy.  I’ll stop here since I know next to nothing about horse racing.  In fact you don’t want me near a horse race.  The first time I ever went to a horse track, which was in Argentina in 1989, my first visit there, the horse I bet on died during the race.  I kid you not!
I like that both you and the horse picture guy are agreeing with me, while still managing to think you're not.  
Y'all are a semantic black hole.  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2017, 10:28:35 AM »
So, just for the record:

Cousin Fred, Mr. Wilson, Hooky Hornstein and Charley Horse all agree Texas has the horses.  Brown County and Texas 95 agree Texas does not have horses.

Mike DeTiger and Amos somehow imagine that the only difference between the existence of horses and the non-existence of horses is simply semantics.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2017, 10:34:08 AM »
This is too easy.  2 years from now when Herman is mud-stomping OU (and a few others), and you scratch your heads wondering what gives... I've already told you.  We don't have the horses.  But we will.

To assume we have the horses now assumes that Herman can't coach, which also implies we are doomed to .500 seasons during his tenure.

Which he will disprove next year.  And the next, and the next...

And be consistent.  If CH=Hooky, then BC=T95.
On defense Texas clearly has horses and Todd Orlando knows how to use them.
On offense Texas has horses but Tim Beck does not know how to use them.
In the future Texas will hopefully be better and more successful.  That may happen because Tom Herman replaces Tim Beck or it may happen because Tom Herman recruits his own horses that he likes better than the horses Charlie Strong recruited.
But I still contend Texas has more many more horses on offenses now than it did in 2014 so it would be nice, really really nice, if Texas could manage to field a better offense than it had in 2014 and Tom Herman would stop whining and crying about injuries, youth and inexperience.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »
Y'all may know football, but you lack horse sense.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2017, 11:14:05 AM »
I’m not following the Cajun logic here, and how it is we’re saying Texas has horses but at the same really not saying Texas has horses.  Hmmm.  Is there a double negative here Im missing?

Do young developing colts who were full on horses in high school not yet count as horses in the Cajun mind, perhaps?  Does Mike see this more as a metamorphosis process, like going from catepillar to butterfly, or going from tadpole to frog, rather than the mammalian approach of just going from younger less mature horses to older stronger smarter horses, as I see it? 

But Tigers are mammals too.  So I’m just not following the logic here.

For me saying Texas has the horses is not a semantic issue.  They either do or they don’t.  <insert head scratching emoji, if there is one> 

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2017, 11:28:47 AM »
<br /><br />

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2017, 11:34:17 AM »
pretty sure no one cares what a Big Ten guy or an ex-wife thinks, but put me down on the side that thinks Texas has horses - big fast horses
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.