header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 CCG

(Read 18003 times)

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 CCG
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2017, 04:26:38 PM »
I was pulling for Mizzou because Josh Heuple was OC.  Now he is HC at UCF.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »
I won't be pulling for Mizzou.  They left the conference.  F em.
Oh sure I get it.  Who cares if pitiful Texas eeks out its 7th win.  Pffft.  Child's play for OU.
Now if we were in the national championship hunt, you can't tell me things wouldn't be different.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »
I was pulling for Mizzou because Josh Heuple was OC.
Did that guy go on a steady diet of cherry pie since playing football?

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
Oh sure I get it.  Who cares if pitiful Texas eeks out its 7th win.  Pffft.  Child's play for OU.
Now if we were in the national championship hunt, you can't tell me things wouldn't be different.
As old timers here will remember, I cheered for Texas in the 2005 and 2009 MNC games.  Crazy but true.  It’s a conference thing.  So yeah I can tell you that. 

It’s kind of like Nebraska historically.  We were in the same conf so I cheered for them in bowl games.  Texas is the new Nebraska.  <shrug>

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »
As old timers here will remember, I cheered for Texas in the 2005 and 2009 MNC games.  Crazy but true.  It’s a conference thing.  So yeah I can tell you that.
Well, I will confess that I cheered for the conference too, back when it was worth cheering for.  This conference is now 8 schools with no other options, 1 school that wants a TV channel, and 1 school that still thinks Longhorn affiliation is beneficial to recruiting Texas.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »

It’s kind of like Nebraska historically.  We were in the same conf so I cheered for them in bowl games.  Texas is the new Nebraska.  <shrug>
I remember Fred
Hell Ive always been that way
during the season I hope you lose big time
but during bowl season I always pull for any Big12 team
and if truth be known I even pull for Nebraska and aggie anytime unless they are playing a Big12 team
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2017, 09:08:29 PM »
 Texas is the new Nebraska.  <shrug>
gee, that's gotta smell like Bevo's backside
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2017, 10:00:02 PM »
We have scoreboard on Bevo’s backside, and that smells awright wid me.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2017, 10:03:00 PM »
enjoy it while you can cause someday that ol worm will turn
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »
No doubt, so I will!

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
Y'all crack me up, with your conference rooting.  The irony is that's supposed to be for the "SEC! SEC! SEC!" crowd, but I and so many others despise our rivals and I don't ever want to see them succeed.  Nothing good for LSU comes from seeing Alabama in the playoffs again, or Auburn winning a bowl, etc.  I hope every SEC team is embarrassed in every ooc game they play, ever.  The lone exceptions being teams hardly ever see and don't really compete against, like UGA or Kentucky.  

I know a lot of guys (and gals) who will tout the strength of the SEC....because it makes their team look good, they think.  But very few who will actually be rooting for those other teams.  

Horns rooting for Sooners, Sooners rooting for Horns.....it ain't natural.  

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
I know a lot of guys (and gals) who will tout the strength of the SEC....because it makes their team look good, they think.
Most SEC teams proclaim greatness by association.  A few don't need to do this.
Since joining the SEC, Texas A&M has been the worst.  They are sycophantic to a pathetic degree, and it's downright embarrassing.  If it wasn't for the maroon on an Aggie t-shirt, you wouldn't know what school the shirt was actually repping, because all the SEC logos get in the way.

Texas A&M has always esteemed itself on a relative scale.  Being able to hang around with Alabama and LSU makes Aggies feel successful.  And true for other less competitive SEC schools as well.  They are successful by association.  Hence all the SEC SEC SEC garbage.

But to counter - the reason for some of today's rah-rah Big 12 crap is because the Big 12 as a conference is down in a foxhole right now.  It's hunkered down and trying to protect its irrelevant relevance.  It's kind of the opposite of the SEC.

And currently, even Texas needs the Big 12 horn to be tooted, because Texas can't show you anything on the field.  Texas is hunkered down with the rest of the goobers.

But as a rule - not OU.  Sooner fans would join the SEC or B1G or likely even PAC tomorrow.  There has to be an oSu bind that precludes this.  There's simply no other reason OU is sticking around this backdrop conference which merely exists for Texas to have the LHN.

The only reason any Sooner fan could lightly pull for Texas to win anything is because Texas flat out sucks, and is a non-threatening entity.  And there is NO reason for any Longhorns to pull for Sooners, notwithstanding hapless recliner ridden sods that only get up to potty and raid the kitchen.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:33:48 PM by BrownCounty »

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »
Has anyone noticed that every time BC posts the atmosphere gets warmer and warmer

We may have uncovered the cause of global warming
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:12:54 PM by longhorn320 »

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »
Has anyone noticed that every time CH posts the atmosphere gets warmer and warmer
CH <> BC or T95.

CH = HH or (I forgot the earlier one)

All I know is I miss the old hornstein logo (insignia) that would usher in a Hooky post.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.