header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Senseless Recruiting Jibberish

(Read 42872 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Senseless Recruiting Jibberish
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »
pay back for Michigan going up into Wisconsin and stealing Ben Bredeson in the 2016 class.

While I would have liked him to stay home, his UW offer was to play OG and he wanted to be a tackle. As a tackle, he's a great guard. His brother being at M playing baseball and the fact that his parents hated Andersen sealed the deal.

It was not a "steal". It was a done deal from day one, and UW got its in-state STARZ tackle that year anyway - who also had an M offer. Maybe he'll see the field more next year. Maybe.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 01:30:24 AM »
Logan Brown due for a bump in the 'crootin' rankings per top midwest 247 Sports analyst Steve Witflong. They are looking at him as potential top 10 overall player. Dobbs already is a top 10 player. Pretty crazy if the state does wind up have two tackle prospects rated that high nationally. Don't think it's ever happened before.

Harbaugh still 'crootin Brown even though he's committed to Wisconsin. I don't expect that stop until he signs an LOI with Wisconsin.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 09:19:55 AM »
He doesn't seem like the type to flip. Harbaugh should just respect the kid's choice and leave him alone. Climb another tree or something.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2017, 12:39:53 PM »
He doesn't seem like the type to flip. Harbaugh should just respect the kid's choice and leave him alone. Climb another tree or something.
Yeah I highly doubt he flips. 
But that's just silly talk- Harbaugh should absolutely recruit him til he signs an LOI. Why you think Urban always get those flip-a-roos? Ya don't stop til the LOI is signed. 
I just watched his newest highlights, don't think his competition is the best but he is...holy shit man he is a specimen. Taller, longer, leaner and looks more nimble and light on his feet than Dobbs. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2017, 12:42:36 PM »
I'm being selfish.  ;)
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 03:08:55 PM »
I'm being selfish.  ;)
me too lol. I want him at Michigan. Badly.

Damn Bastages coming into Michigan taking a lot of players lately.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2017, 03:11:42 PM »
Of all possible flips, Brown seems really low on the list.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2017, 03:17:17 PM »
Of all possible flips, Brown seems really low on the list.
true. but there's still 2+ years away from when he'd actually sign. That's like an eternity in this world. If you've been following 'crootin long enough- you know that anything can and will happen.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2017, 06:02:09 PM »
One year. He's 2019 so he can sign next December. I think a June signing is still on the table, but I doubt the SEC, Michigan and OSU will allow that to happen.

Anyway, he wants to enroll early so he can get into academics and start with the vaunted strength program in Madison.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

PortlandSpartan

• Recruit
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2017, 11:23:48 AM »
A day after getting an OSU offer, Julian Barnett a top 100 WR/DB commits to MSU. Teammate of Dobbs who is a top OT. Looking good for MSU. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2017, 11:49:29 AM »
Wow, huge.

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2017, 12:53:08 PM »
One year. He's 2019 so he can sign next December. I think a June signing is still on the table, but I doubt the SEC, Michigan and OSU will allow that to happen.

Anyway, he wants to enroll early so he can get into academics and start with the vaunted strength program in Madison.
i don't like a june (summer) signing unless we're going to allow for official visits in jr year. and so many things change from both the kids' and schools' perspectives from that time until december of their sr year, i don't think it's a good idea. jmo.
as for bama, our 19 class is getting a much better start than our 18 class did.
5* rb sanders
4* ot quick
4* olb mwikuta
4* og hammond
4* s gant

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2017, 01:58:17 PM »
Wow, huge.
yup. all but locks up Dobbs for MSU.
Didn't really affect 2018 much, but losing Wheatley has just devastated Michigan's in-state recruiting hopes in 2019 and sounds like it's leaking over to 2020. In the way too early 2020 rankings, OG Justin Rogers has been tabbed as the #1 player in the state and a 5* by 247. MSU, OSU, Tennessee, Oregon- already offered him months ago. Michigan for some reason has refused to offer him. He just dropped Michigan. Looks like it's going to be Ohio State or MSU.

PortlandSpartan

• Recruit
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »
Buddy texted me earlier about Enos potentially joining the staff at UM.  That will help in state recruiting.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.