header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2018 Michigan Season thread

(Read 46708 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2018 Michigan Off-Season thread
« Reply #322 on: April 14, 2018, 01:27:09 PM »
So, Wilton Speight. Is he really Chip Kelly's kind of QB?
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: April 16, 2018, 09:54:33 AM »
So, Wilton Speight. Is he really Chip Kelly's kind of QB?
terrible fit. At first I thought it had something to do with Jedd Fisch being at UCLA. Then I remembered he took an NFL job.
That one really makes no sense. At all.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: April 16, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »
Welp, that's what I was thinking. Kelly is using up a scholarship on a guy who probably won't play there.

That said, a graduate degree from UCLA is pretty nice. And the weather.. there's that.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: April 16, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »
Year 4 of current coach, gotta stop blaming last coach for problems.
QB position isn't an easy fix. RS frosh/true frosh are rarely ready enough to play. Especially in a pro-style system like the one Harbaugh/Pep Hamilton are trying to run. Harbaugh was left with trash in Morris and Speight and had to seek out transfers from O'Korn and Rudock to try and stabilize the position. Before NSD 2015 he had like a month on the job to find a HS QB. That class he let Hoke's QB stay on board and he went out and found Zach Gentry who was more ATH playing QB in HS than refined pocket passer. His first real recruiting class he landed Peters who just finished his RS frosh year and the next class he landed McCaffrey who redshirted as true freshman. This class he landed Joe Milton who will be a true freshman. QB's take time to develop, man.
Andrew Luck wasn't OMG FUTURE #1 PICK ANDREW LUCK until his RS Soph. year.
Hoke and Borges don't get enough heat for the absolute CRAP they trotted out and recruited at QB during their run. Denard Robinson went from a record breaking stat machine in an offense like Rodriguez' to seeing his #'s and production across the board decline drastically. His skill set only fit a certain type of offense, and when they tried to fit the square peg into the round hole it completely changed the trajectory of his career. Those two clowns also took maybe the most gifted QB at Michigan from a complete physical package since Drew Henson in Devin Gardner and just absolutely derailed any hope he had of being an adequate QB. And to top it off they recruited the position like complete idiots. Promised Shane Morris they wouldn't take a QB the class before or in the same class as him. Recruited guys who don't have the physical tools and obviously don't belong like Russell Bellomy and Alex Malzone. Recruited someone like Wilton Speight- who had no other offers. Literally none. Borges in his infinite wisdom saw him throw live once, offered him, and took his commitment right away and shut down QB recruiting when other top QB's in the 2014 class were interested. Those two were a giant pair of f'in idiots.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: April 16, 2018, 10:20:51 AM »
so I just finished watching the Amazon Michigan Doc. Quick take aways....

- Harbaugh is more CEO and hands off than I thought.

- Pep came across looking better than I thought he would. Clearly an intelligent dude. MAYBE too intelligent and advanced for college game?

- Tim Drevno- wow talk about someone who came across as an absolute floppy penis who brings nothing to the table.

- Donnie motherf'n Brown. Talk about the hire of the century for Harbaugh. That guy is absolutely fantastic. Best coach on that team. Sorry Jim.

- QB's. All of them came across looking bad. Wilton Speight came across as a floppy penis and a douchebag I thought. Zero leadership skills, not serious enough, no killer instinct, and too full of himself. And he's full of himself for no reason. He's got very little talent. He's flat out not good. He's mediocre at best. And he's not a guy who would command respect or lead men IMO. O'Korn came across as trying way too hard and trying way too hard to convince himself he's something he's not. Also very douchey. Man does he flat out just suck at playing football. Takes dumb football player to new levels. Thank f'in god they are both gone. Brandon Peters came across as the most likeable of the 3 but also the way too timid and just a little bit off. Just seemed like a weird dude. And not someone those players will follow. Seems like a good kid though. Seems like he's really lacking confidence or something. Don't know. But he's got to fix that fast if he wants to be the starting QB.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: April 16, 2018, 10:29:24 AM »
as far as spring ball goes....lot of insider spring hype on defense for Mike Dwumfor (DT), Donovan Jeter (DE/DT), and Ambry Thomas (CB). Thomas and Jeter were pretty highly rated recruits, not that surprised to hear the hype on those guys. Thomas played a little bit as a true frosh, Jeter was on track to play but redshirted bc of an injury. Dwumfor's name though has been a pleasant surprise. They'll need an interior DT to step up with Hurst gone.

On offense the 3 names that keep popping up are Tarik Black, Cesar Ruiz, and Shea Patterson. Word is Black is back and better than he was a frosh, Ruiz has performed like the best OL on the entire squad, and Patterson is way ahead of the other QB's. Only thing that would stop him from getting the starting nod is the NCAA.

TyphonInc

• Starter
  • Easily Amused
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: April 17, 2018, 05:59:13 AM »
I'm on episode 2 of All or Nothing.

I'm really liking seeing the players as people past football. Except for interjecting the moms with what seems like "reality tv" type drama; Gary's Mom "Don't you ever say you don't have a father." Gary "I havn't seen him sense before High School." - Sounds like his dad hasn't been around for 6+ years, why we having this tear inducing drama? Oh the camera man is right over there, thanks. 

Does Harbaugh have knee problems? his walk bothers me like he is constipated, or has an injury that makes him walk awkard.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: April 17, 2018, 10:10:00 PM »
I'm on episode 2 of All or Nothing.

I'm really liking seeing the players as people past football. Except for interjecting the moms with what seems like "reality tv" type drama; Gary's Mom "Don't you ever say you don't have a father." Gary "I havn't seen him sense before High School." - Sounds like his dad hasn't been around for 6+ years, why we having this tear inducing drama? Oh the camera man is right over there, thanks.

Does Harbaugh have knee problems? his walk bothers me like he is constipated, or has an injury that makes him walk awkard.
Gary is a budding superstar IMO.
Jim walks like that bc he's a weird ass dude imo.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2018, 10:14:29 PM »
police investigating former Michigan football player Elysee Mbem-Bosse for twitter death threats aimed at Harbaugh. Crazy af.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2018/04/17/police-investigating-tweets-potential-threat-against-jim-harbaugh/33926575/

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2018, 09:56:58 PM »
The NCAA is reportedly granting Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson immediate eligibility at Michigan, which could mean a similar ruling for Nebraska linebacker Breon Dixon.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: April 27, 2018, 05:24:39 AM »
QB competition in Ann Arbor just heated up.  Whoever wins will be good.  Michigan may be good enough to contend if they can find a serviceable OT
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: April 27, 2018, 08:49:03 AM »
QB competition in Ann Arbor just heated up.  Whoever wins will be good.  Michigan may be good enough to contend if they can find a serviceable OT
Not sure there's a real competition. Shea Patterson is QB1. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: April 27, 2018, 05:50:28 PM »
Any chance that Peters announces a transfer (after the France trip, of course)??
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.