header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Offseason Stream of Unconsciousness

(Read 127263 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Offseason Stream of Unconsciousness
« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2019, 12:19:41 PM »
If I take another cruise it will probably be to Alaska
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »
Bob Costas reveals he was pulled from the Super Bowl coverage last year for speaking about the concussion links to football.  Good look for the NFL, usually those on the right side of history are those who attempt to shut down any opposing views.

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: February 11, 2019, 09:04:46 AM »
Alaska is a bit hard to see without the cruise, doable of course but probably not in a week.  I view this as a recon mission in effect, seeing if there are places we'd like to see again.

We did that in the last cruise and came up with a Big Nope.  Havana was a dump, really worse than I expected.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2019, 11:45:41 AM »
Very odd, Darius Rucker, Tiger Woods and the Stanley Cup all converging on one night at a dive bar in East Lansing.  He says Tiger was 18, which would put it at 1994, but no MSU players on the '94 Rangers.  But the '95 Devils had Danton Cole, who is now MSU's head coach.  So I'm going to say this was summer of 1995, and current MSU head coach Danton Cole was the MSU player who brought the trophy

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2019, 12:19:24 PM »
A few years ago my dad and brother and I rented an RV and tooled around the Kenai peninsula for a week.  Saw lots of neat stuff, and definitely realized I do not want to live in Alaska.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2019, 12:28:54 PM »
great story about Darius, Tigger, and the Cup

nope, don't think I'd wanna live in Alaska, but certainly would like to visit and do some fishing
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2019, 12:57:40 PM »
Ranking the Big Ten's Football Rosters for 2019

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-tens-football-rosters-2019

Below are the national recruiting ranking averages for Big Ten schools over the last five (2105-19) classes according to 247Sports' Composite Team Rankings and each team's record over the last five (2014-18) seasons. Obviously, this doesn't take into account attrition but, over time, this should be considered relatively even across the conference.

Ohio State remains the gold standard, but is that about to change?

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »
The SEC recruiting rankings and games won correlate very highly.  Miss State has done a bit better than their recruiting, and so has Florida (conference games won).

Interesting connection with Mullen there perhaps.  There is no "Wisconsin" in the SEC (duh).  

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-secs-football-rosters-2019

UGA is 19-11, which sound decent, but Bama is 37-3.  UGA is close to Bama in recruiting raw numbers, but not in wins.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2019, 06:48:31 PM »

The Horror
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2019, 06:54:17 PM »
Bob Costas reveals he was pulled from the Super Bowl coverage last year for speaking about the concussion links to football.  Good look for the NFL, usually those on the right side of history are those who attempt to shut down any opposing views.
Ya Stalin,Hitler,Mao come to mind and truth be told the NFL just slithers about differently

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2019, 06:54:58 PM »
Ranking the Big Ten's Football Rosters for 2019

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-tens-football-rosters-2019

Below are the national recruiting ranking averages for Big Ten schools over the last five (2105-19) classes according to 247Sports' Composite Team Rankings and each team's record over the last five (2014-18) seasons. Obviously, this doesn't take into account attrition but, over time, this should be considered relatively even across the conference.

Ohio State has always recruited well, but Urban took them to another level. Time will tell if that can be sustained.
On another note, Wisconsin is recruiting better than it ever has (according to STARZ and all that).
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2019, 06:59:33 PM »
great story about Darius, Tigger, and the Cup

nope, don't think I'd wanna live in Alaska, but certainly would like to visit and do some fishing
Can you imagine the smoked ribs on some Caribou or Moose.Or you could indulge yourself with the Inuit treat of 6 week old buried Salmon heads by the shore.You could even go out and swim with the Orca's

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2019, 07:02:32 PM »
A few years ago my dad and brother and I rented an RV and tooled around the Kenai peninsula for a week.  Saw lots of neat stuff, and definitely realized I do not want to live in Alaska.
Don't want to do the Iditarod?

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2019, 07:44:38 PM »
Don't want to do the Iditarod?
I'd rather have my fingernails plucked out, one by one, by a savage beast, or an angry woman, over the course of ten days.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.