header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Offseason Stream of Unconsciousness

(Read 127214 times)

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Offseason Stream of Unconsciousness
« Reply #294 on: February 08, 2019, 10:32:15 AM »
I check the weather every AM in Cincinnati and chuckle and tell the wife.  I'm done with it, absolutely done.  We might hit 20°F here at night a few times, rarely into the teens.

I don't like being house bound because of the cold.  I want to get out even if I have to put on a coat.  

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: February 08, 2019, 10:48:58 AM »
I don't mind the cold... One of the ideas I toy with is moving to Colorado which would mean winter. But it's not like Chicago winter. 

There's a difference between Colorado, where you might get cold and freezing temps for a few days, but then it warms up to 40 and the snow melts. In Chicago, you get a polar vortex and the temps go sub-zero, and then a "heat wave" comes and you get highs of 20 for a few days. 

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: February 08, 2019, 11:10:36 AM »
Cincy seemed to have gray skies all through winter as well as the cold.  Here it is sunny if it is cold, or even like today a trifle chilly.

I can get out and run in the park with a very light sweater or jacket and take it off.  In Cincy, I would not see the neighbors for weeks at a time unless I was out with the snow blower.

SFBadger96

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: February 08, 2019, 11:32:11 AM »
We had actual snow in the Bay Area in the hills during the last week. It was about 1/16 of an inch and of course it didn't last the morning sunshine, but it was there. No doubt my Midwestern friends have little sympathy for our cold snap.

California has had good rainfall in January and early February, which is critical to avoiding drought years. This is good.

Badge, we were in Venice and Rome last summer. Amazing. We weren't in Venice very long--didn't feel like we needed to stay long to appreciate it for what it is. One thing it is is decaying. Still amazing. Piazza San Marco and the buildings around it are quite impressive.

I'm sure everyone who has been has their own take on Rome. The history is worth it. Strongly recommend a private tour if you hit the Vatican. Otherwise I think it could easily overwhelm. There's just so much to see that without some guidance, it would be easy to be buried in all of it. Our favorite day there was the Colusseum, Forum, and Palatine Hill. I was also moved by the Pantheon. Best meal was in a total dive in which my cannelloni came out after my whole family had finished their meals; it was to die for.

I didn't care much about the paintings in the Borghese Gallery, but the marble statues there are nothing short of incredible. A must see if you are into the art.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: February 08, 2019, 04:08:02 PM »
37 degrees and sleeting here.  Definitely not golf weather today...

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: February 08, 2019, 05:30:43 PM »
brother went to San Anton to escape the weather
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #300 on: February 08, 2019, 06:17:51 PM »
In the middle of our very own frigid stretch here in SoCal. It dropped to/below 32 the other night, and the locals on Facebook were all talking about how to get the frost/ice off their windshields. Had couple days with lows in the mid-30s and highs in the mid-50s, and as I say this it's only 39 right now with a high of 61 predicted today.

Looks like a lot of rain and chilly weather the next week or so as well, with highs most days in the mid-50s. But it doesn't look like we should revisit the same lows--only one day in the next week is forecast for the low to dip below 40.
not the best golf weather on the monterey peninsula late this afternoon  
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

SFBadger96

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: February 08, 2019, 07:47:36 PM »
not the best golf weather on the monterey peninsula late this afternoon  
Bet it's still purdy. Pebble is awfully nice.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: February 08, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »
great area

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: February 09, 2019, 10:05:22 AM »
Flying is kinda crappy. That’s what my stream of unconsciousness is saying. 

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: February 09, 2019, 04:55:36 PM »
Took ten 10 year olds bowling for a birthday party today.  Offered the girls cash for getting pins outside the rake and converted splits.  Paid out 3 winners.  

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2019, 11:30:52 AM »
I'm taking the oldest to the Omaha airport this afternoon, she's flying to Denver to see a concert.

If the roads are good I'll continue on to Lincoln to buy the youngest dinner and make sure her car is maintained

otherwise I'll be watching golf and removing the snow from the driveway

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: February 10, 2019, 11:47:16 AM »
I've been trying to get my wife to take an Alaskan Cruise.   She thinks it is for old people.   I'd show her pictures of kids or activities we can do as a family but she has it in her head it is a retirement cruise.    

I want to do some of the glacier activities while I'm young enough to do them.    Plus, I've never been to Alaska.  I'd love to sit on a balcony and watch the landscape/ocean while sipping on a scotch.   

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: February 10, 2019, 12:12:50 PM »
I want to do some of the glacier activities while I'm young enough to do them.  
That should be a good argument! I doubt many retirees try out crampons and ice axes.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.