header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: TCU vs Texas

(Read 12458 times)

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
Re: TCU vs Texas
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 05:43:03 PM »
Always saw myself as more of a Martin Luther, but sure, why not.  

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 05:46:30 PM »
Always saw myself as more of a Martin Luther, but sure, why not.  
trouble maker
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 05:59:38 PM »
takes one to know one  :)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 07:08:42 PM »
Missouri Synod Lutheran
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 11:44:13 PM »
ECFGs who don't already know what you're really thinking are ECFGs hardly worth fearing.  

You're either pre-screwed/blessed, or else they're really impotent and don't deserve our respect.  When it comes to the ECFGs, fatalism is the only sane option.  
Over the years you have proven yourself to be a good man, Amos, but you’d best be glad we don’t actually martyr heretics anymore because you don’t seem to know shinola about ECFGs.
Do you honestly think they’re omniscient like the big G?
I think we’ve already established the fact that they’re demons.  Do Louisiana s think demons are omniscient?  That must be some of that NOLA voodoo stuff slippin into your Kool-Aid.
Every half-assed armchair theologian knows they ain’t.  Remember what the demon possessed doods in Gadarenes said to Jesus?  
“What do you plan to do with us?”
Omniscient? I don’t think so.
I think Peter says there are things the angels wish they knew.
Come on, Amos.  Pull your head out.
ECFGs are are evil and capricious but they don’t know what we think.
Shesh.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:46:40 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 11:47:57 PM »
I tell you what though.  They read every football forum.

Especially Bucknuts.

mcwterps1

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 07:13:39 PM »
Let's go Texas! 

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 08:04:17 PM »
Nice win. First vs tcu in awhile I think. 

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 08:50:23 AM »
Lost 4 in a row I think, prior to that?  And 5 of the last 6.  This is only UT's second win in 7 seasons that TCU has been in the B12 I believe.  Sucking sucks.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 01:13:45 PM »
I don't relish the idea of having to play either the Horns or the Horned Frogs ... neither of them suck this year (at football that is, although of course Texas Sucks is one of the few invariant laws of the known universe). 

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2018, 02:10:17 PM »
I don't relish the idea of having to play either the Horns or the Horned Frogs ... neither of them suck this year (at football that is, although of course Texas Sucks is one of the few invariant laws of the known universe).  
Not to mention Army
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 02:16:35 PM »
Fred, we may actually have an interesting contest in the Cotton Bowl this year.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 03:05:23 PM »
So, does this mean you all will spare me all the sandbagging dOUmed posts this time round?  That'd be nice.

I definitely think the RRR will be a major battle.  Texas has gelled, and we've begun to falter.  Am hoping the Baylor game isn't another near disaster like the Army one was.  Losing Rodney Anderson was probably a bigger hit than any Sooner fan wanted to admit

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »
Living in Austin for a number of years, I know a significant amount of Longhorn fans.  Some of the very people on this board I consider friends.  I went to a lot of games, because I like gameday atmospheres, because I love cfb in general, and because at one time utee94 threw a heckuva tailgate.  

But I never actually rooted for them, per se.  I used to describe Texas as like watching your neighbors kids playing outside the window.  They're not your kids and you don't feel a deep connection to them, but you like them anyway and you'd miss them if they weren't around.  

This year, my new bride and I are of course watching more football together than ever.  Meaning I no longer miss any UT games.  For her sake I feel vaguely obligated to root for them.  It's easy enough to root for a team....every time I'm forced to watch NFL I can arbitrarily pick a team and root for them.  But I can't be crushed with her.  I can't long for UT dominance in days gone by with her.  I can muster an acceptable amount of enthusiasm for big wins, but I can't adequately feign heartbreak over a loss.  

Don't know if a real secondary fandom is something you can ever truly grow into, unless I have a kid one day that plays for UT.  And I'm guessing that's okay, because I don't expect her to live and die by my team either, and I wouldn't want her to fake it.  

I feel like something clever could be attached to that last line, but my inner CharleyHooky is awol.  

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.