header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Hope It Dosent Happen

(Read 14689 times)

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
Hope It Dosent Happen
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:44:21 PM »
But Ive registered just in case
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

drewactual

• Administrator
  • Walk On
  • Liked:
Re: Hope It Dosent Happen
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 02:31:24 PM »
I hear ya... I think the old site is bookmarked on every device I've owned for 16~17 years now... lived through how many iterations?  how many owners?  watched it go from a fairly close knit group to people posting so fast topics/threads would drop off the first page in a matter of an hour, to now, where some boards aren't touched for months on end...

for those who've hung around, it would be kinda sad to see it all lost. 

24/7- if they pull us into their folds (if they have one?) we'll be saturated with folks we ain't got a clue about. 

this will suffice as a rally point, and it doesn't take much effort to maintain it. 

thanks for joining in! 

Geolion91

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 03:14:00 PM »
I'd be in favor of staying here.  The major boards are so full of trolls, that I generally don't bother with them anymore.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 05:15:59 PM »
I'd be in favor of staying here.  The major boards are so full of trolls, that I generally don't bother with them anymore.

^^^^^^

He's right, you know.

These days I only hit one specific Texas board, shaggybevo, and I really only post on the BBQ threads.

And I have an Airstream forum that I like to frequent.

But really, CFN is the best mix of rational-minded college football posters I've ever encountered, so I'd hate to lose track of (most of) you.  8)

PiratesRoost

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:31:08 PM »
What he said

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »
Well, you know, some people just like to watch the world burn.  I don't like to watch large scale destruction or even personal injury but I do think it's kind of cool  on occasion to see a mishap, fender bender, etc...

You know, a little destruction.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 09:29:12 PM »
Have you ever watched Russian dash cams
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 02:13:29 PM »
Oh yeah.  Those people are crazy.   Ever see the one where the 20 something Russians are on those steep icy church roofs about six stories up and they toss the girl out on the bungee and she screams bloody murder as she bounces against the walls?

Or the girl in the bikini taking a bath with a possum.

Texas95

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 11:12:31 PM »
But Ive registered just in case

You were illegal?

Texas95

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »
Well, you know, some people just like to watch the world burn.

Some people just want an enemy to unleash on.  And we quite possibly may be in a "fools rush in" mode for the next quatro anos.

I mean, if we just shut down all exports of Twinkies to North Korea, I bet we get what we want - and no world burning.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 11:39:54 PM »
You were illegal?

Not illegal

Only undocumented

Texas95

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 09:10:25 AM »

Not illegal

Only undocumented

Good boy.   :72:

Texas95

• Walk On
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 09:28:48 AM »
 :72:

That emoji looks like it would buy anything.  As if it just emerged from 18 years of video games and social media, and is yearning for identity and something to believe.  :73:

You could teach it substitute euphemisms like "progressive" or "undocumented" or "tolerance" or "orientation" or ... and it would just nod it's empty head indicating yeppers!  :72:

Then it would go out and do this  :91: when its indoctrination is challenged, rather than doing this  :96:, when the best advice for this hijacked soul would be  :67:.  And then the poor thing is finally reduced to this  :03:, but it can't even articulate why.

It's all reached the point of  :34:

And so hey ATX, Greg Abbott says  :88:

Yeppers! :72:

The rest of Texas loves the guvna, boo hoo hoo, now you all did what you could do.....
Now locker room talk does not bother me, does the traffic bother you....

Sweet Texas, My Texas...
Where the bonnets are so blue
Sweet Texas, My Texas...
GTHO if it ain't for you...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:50:52 AM by Texas95 »

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
I'm in and I appear to have no problems accessing this site. 

Something went wonky with the CFN site for months now on my work PC.  It wasn't fully restricted on the firewall, because I could see the threads and read them, but once I attempted to post a reply, I was blocked from going any further.  It's like my work only half-banned it, like a big tease, and would let me read all your posts but not participate myself.   
I guess I could have tried from my phone, but it's harder to pretend you are actually working and not message-boarding when you do it on your phone rather than on the PC.

Anyhow, thanks, Drew, for the new digs and this actually works out better for me due to the technical complications I had been experiencing. But it's not about me, it's about this community and hopefully everyone makes it to the same place.   

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.