header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 CCG

(Read 18027 times)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 CCG
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2017, 08:21:33 PM »
so you'd think Shohei Ohtani would rather play in the NL

but, since I'm a Halos fan, I'm hoping for big things
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2017, 08:28:49 PM »
The thing about instant replay is that it is used to overturn a ruling on the field.

What's the terminology?  "Conclusive evidence" or something?  I forget the exact wording.

But let's go back to football for a second.  The problem with "conclusive" evidence is that there is no time limit in which to seek it out.  If you can't overturn a call within 2 minutes of review, then forget it!!  Move on.  It's not "conclusive" enough.

What am I missing?
they should limit the number of reviews to 2 for each side unless a call is reversed which would not count towards that limit
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2017, 05:47:11 AM »
The time needed for replay is concerning (and exciting) but at times you have to look through several angles to see the play (not as much in baseball as football).

What about 7 inning baseball games?  We played that in HS.

I can recall a game I pitched in 10th grade on the JV team.  The Varsity had pitchers and the JV team had one, me.  The game was tied after 7 1-1.  I recall the coach coming out in the 9th inning, still tied, and asking me if I was tired and I said "Yes coach I'm exhausted" and he said "Well, go get'em."  I knew we had no backups.

The game went into the 12th inning and I was at bat planning to strike out and rest and somehow hit the ball to the fence in left field and ended up scoring, but had to pitch the bottom of the 12th and the other team got two runs on some errors and we lost.  I struck out something like 20 batters (and walked 7, a regular Nuke Laloush, new league record) and maybe have never been so tired.

We had zero athletic training back then so the notion of icing your arm was unknown at the time.

But, I digress.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.