header pic

Author

Topic: instability over there.... getting more common.

(Read 8111 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
instability over there.... getting more common.
« on: June 05, 2017, 07:20:18 PM »
pass this URL around... things look to be changing over there.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: instability over there.... getting more common.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »
Couldn't get in this morning, is it happening this time?

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 07:51:21 AM »
i just don't know, man... I have encountered more issues over there in the last month than likely the last 17 years combined... they've downgraded our priority for certain; don't know what that means- it may mean they are upgrading the server too- which would be good...

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:08:19 AM »
Yeah, it is unstable, but old habits and all that.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 01:32:58 PM »
looks like they're shaking the team boards up.... let's see what happens elsewhere...

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 08:19:06 AM »
It's been behaving badly again.   Too bad there isn't a countdown.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
i'm convinced they tried to 'cut over' the team boards yesterday, but failed.  the boards went offline for about 20 minutes with a message something to the verbiage "performing upgraded, be back soon", and then went to a 'failure to connect to server' error for a few minutes.... then the boards returned unchanged. 

because those pages operate on several servers, there will be a period between them syncing- propagation across all of them takes a while... then, there will be issues with the domain pointing to the correct server (if they are moving servers and not just overwriting on the existing one) which will take a few hours for a site as large as them.... then, there will be issues with caches and cookies resetting, which will make folks browsers seemingly freak out until they're dumped and refreshed- which is outside of their control...

but anyway... the interesting thing i watched during that 20 minute period yesterday is the board most of you are coming from only blinked for a few seconds.  it seems that they weren't trying to do anything with it- not overwriting it, nor transporting it... that could be very good- as in they're leaving it alone- or, it could mean it isn't being considered for transport/overwrite.  As much as I'd like to think we're going to be okay over there, I lean more towards the second explanation- and due to conversations I've (we've, including Badge) have had with the owners there.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.