header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: good luck sooners

(Read 5579 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: good luck sooners
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 03:19:57 PM »
Poor Cleveland.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 07:40:59 PM »
poor Mayfield
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 01:32:14 PM »
He set an NFL record that day for most passing TDs for a rookie QB, and Cleveland finished 7-8-1, which is a far cry from the 0-16 season they had last year.

Anyway, despite (or perhaps even partially due to) his snarktitude, I like Baker, and he's given the Browns a much needed boost this year. 

I'll tell you though, going to an NFL game is a whole 'nother experience from what my son and I normally do, which is go to MLB games.  As we were standing in line to get through security, one 30 something woman was barfing in front of us, another lost her balance and would have fallen straight to the ground if her also wasted husband hadn't grabbed her, and then suddenly from behind some guy comes barrelling into me completely blasted, full of apologies and whatnot.  And all that happened before we even got in the stadium.  We had good seats in an entertaining section - the folks behind us were yelling "run the g-d- ball" at the top of their lungs every time the Ravens had it, and of course the Browns were reviled with all manner of epithets whenever they had it. 

It was a great time.  And you see, as a lifelong Cowboys fan, I can get into the Ravens.  They are a local team and they are NOT the Redskins.  And they actually play defense.  As a Sooner fan, this makes me kind of nostalgic!  I'm sure we'll be back ...

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.