header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Boomer Sooner

(Read 27815 times)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
Boomer Sooner
« on: September 09, 2017, 11:45:58 PM »
Nice.  Mr Riley is off to a great start.

OU and tOSU are now 2-2 alltime.  Four straight road wins in the series.  Trippy.

Thumper

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Boomer Sooner
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 08:04:36 AM »
BOOMER!
What an awesome win.  It has been quite a while since the Sooners played that well in the trenches. :93:

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:26:39 AM »
Very nice win for the Sooners, congratulations. Looks like it'll be OU and oSu vying for the B12, as expected.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 09:41:55 AM »
While I enjoyed our win yesterday even though it was against a cupcake I have to admit

I enjoyed the OU victory more

way to go sooners
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:42:03 AM »
Oh, and hi cuz!  Glad you made it to the new place!

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 10:39:34 AM »
Was really impressed with OU's poise early.  They seamlessly picked up the QB rotation and didn't waste a down.  They didn't panic when tOSU moved early in second half... and methodically did their thing.  Good outing and over the hump. 

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 09:33:30 AM »
In recent years OU has beaten Alabama, Auburn and Ohio State.  Not to shabby.   :smiley_confused1:

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 12:35:26 PM »
I was stunned at how wide open the H-back routinely was out of OU's base set.  I can't tell if that's multiple busts/confusion on OSU's part or just Lincoln Riley's greatness.  

We're often running a similar set this year.  I wonder if we might be able to create any chunk plays from the H-back spot like OU did.  

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »
Great win, OU! 
I also was able to catch this one and it was a great showing for the Sooners and the Big12! 

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 12:41:49 PM »
Lincoln Riley knows fairy dust.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 12:48:15 PM »
Still, major questions about Lincoln Riley remain.

How hard and how far can he kick puppies?

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 12:59:03 PM »
Lincoln Riley knows fairy dust.
^I wish like hell he'd say something to that ends after what was said last week.
good comment!

That OU offense has their timing and positions at late season form on week two.  the picks set up by the linemen and when that H back comes across the middle on that bubble is a thing of beauty- i don't think anyone can stop that when it's ran properly... they may have the ponies to take them down as soon as they catch it, but i don't think they can stop it w/o laying the wood on that back off the line... and a dude (the Hback) who appears to be blocking and in space because he 'missed his block'... feeding off that defensive over pursuit...  it was impressive and good for at least ten every time they ran it.  

i hear the tOSU fans complaining about their team's effort/planning/execution, but i don't read it that way at all- i think OU could have beaten anyone Saturday night, and were destined to win because of their level of execution.  w/o silly t/o's early, that score could have been out of hand at the half.  that isn't anything against tOSU, but speaking highly of OU.  i still think tOSU is a top ten team, easily.

the one third quarter pass the officials ruled incomplete on the field that gave OU a 1st and goal at around the six or so (iirc) was also a thing of beauty.  he caught that ball w/o question, and the overturn was only fair.  the thing about it:  it could not have been placed any better than it was.  i don't care who was defending that pass- given the receiver had the hands to make it happen, that ball was perfectly placed over the defender and outside of his control... he was painted on the receivers backside and still didn't have a chance... after that, i had to give that QB the respect he's been getting.  i was thinking it was way too early to be calling a player a Heisman front-runner, but Mayfield is a truly gifted passer and player to pull that (and others similar) over and over... drilling it when it needed to be, floating it other times.  he's truly impressive.  

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 02:20:08 PM »
I guess I'll cut Kingsbury some slack due to Patrick Mahomes - but to have Baker Mayfield riding the pine on your roster is not the mark of coaching prowess.

Course Mack let Manziel go to A&M, so there's that too.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 08:04:10 AM »
Oh, and hi cuz!  Glad you made it to the new place!
Thanks cuz.  Not much critical mass here, Sooner-wise, but I'll check in from time to time.  
Hope all's well on your end.  

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.