header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Big 12 Sports Commentary

(Read 19013 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Big 12 Sports Commentary
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2018, 01:20:58 PM »
Tennessee Tech actually had to play 5 games in Oxford, Mississippi, but I'm sure they'll be ready.

Still... despite the Golden Eagles ferocious bats, it's better to be at home against a 2 seed from the OVC instead of on the road against a 1 seed from the SEC.  Tennessee Tech may be a better team but I like our chances better.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2018, 03:11:13 PM »
Look at our home record this season.  Then look at our road record.

It's pretty obvious we'll be better off in Austin, regardless of opponent.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2018, 05:15:13 PM »
Look at our home record this season.  Then look at our road record.

It's pretty obvious we'll be better off in Austin, regardless of opponent.

I dare anyone to tell me that Texas would still have made the CWS had the regionals been in College Station or elsewhere.

For that matter, how are we fairing in Omaha?

Notwithstanding the home crowd, we really struggle when we don't play on synthetic Earth.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:17:19 PM by BrownCounty »

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »
Hey BC where ya been

Get out early for good behavior?

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2018, 09:15:46 AM »
Hey BC where ya been

Get out early for good behavior?

That's as good an explanation as any.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2018, 10:48:08 AM »
ESPN piece on the best teams of the past 20 years (the "championship game era").

No surprise about who they picked #1. :)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24198508/college-football-national-champions-20-years-ranked

Mr Tulip

• Learn to love or leave me. Either one you wanna do.
  • Player
  • Non Serviam
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »
ESPN piece on the best teams of the past 20 years (the "championship game era").

No surprise about who they picked #1. :)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24198508/college-football-national-champions-20-years-ranked

Yeah. With all the milquetoast Heisman winners in years past and since, it's a travesty that the voters got so enamored with Reggie Bush. The greatest player to ever play the game missed the hardware.
Texas won, of course, and a lot was made afterwards about the love affair with USC and their putative "dynasty". They were over-loved, but in any ordinary year, they would have crushed anyone else. This game was the perfect storm of two mega-talented teams crashing into each other when it really mattered.
The difference was Texas had VY.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2018, 11:27:43 AM »
I knew the Heisman was junk long before that, but that is truly the very last time I ever paid attention to that award. I haven't bothered even looking it up since then.  The only winner I could tell you since 2005, is Johnny Manziel, and that's only because my i s c & a aggie wife and her Aggie family were over at my house during the time of the awards presentation and whooped it up when he won.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »
I watched Tom Herman’s press conference today.  Looks like he spent part of his $5mil salary getting one of those Bosley hair implants tgey advertise on the station that shows reruns of Gunsmoke.

I wasn’t satisfied with the soft questions, evasive answers or Mensa attitude.

I feel like I’m reliving some of the saddest times in Texas football.

Sam Ehlinger is Pete Gardere and Tom Herman is John Mackovic.  If Charlie Strong was David McWilliams, I’m ready to fast forward to the next Mack Brown.

One thing in particular, among many, that really irks me about Tom Herman is when he makes comments about how he’s trying to change the culture of a program that doesn’t know how to win.  Like they’re actually winning.   Or like his losses aren’t as bad as the last guy’s.

For years now Texas has been tantalizing close by - losing four or five games each year by just a handful of ponts - like a turnaround is imminent and contingent on just a few important tweaks.

I imagine most mediocre teams find themselves in that very same boat.

Gigem

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2018, 03:26:48 PM »
I watched Tom Herman’s press conference today.  Looks like he spent part of his $5mil salary getting one of those Bosley hair implants tgey advertise on the station that shows reruns of Gunsmoke.

I wasn’t satisfied with the soft questions, evasive answers or Mensa attitude.

I feel like I’m reliving some of the saddest times in Texas football.

Sam Ehlinger is Pete Gardere and Tom Herman is John Mackovic.  If Charlie Strong was David McWilliams, I’m ready to fast forward to the next Mack Brown.

One thing in particular, among many, that really irks me about Tom Herman is when he makes comments about how he’s trying to change the culture of a program that doesn’t know how to win.  Like they’re actually winning.   Or like his losses aren’t as bad as the last guy’s.

For years now Texas has been tantalizing close by - losing four or five games each year by just a handful of ponts - like a turnaround is imminent and contingent on just a few important tweaks.

I imagine most mediocre teams find themselves in that very same boat.
Welcome to my world c. ~1999-Present day (minus 2012 and a few games scattered throught a 20 year span).  

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.