header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.

(Read 211223 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: The Porch, y'all. pull up a seat and kick back.
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »
I do have a Samsung fridge (and TV's..) and I love that (those).

I've heard bad things about their D/W's and ranges, but good things about their W/D's. 

I've got Kenmore for W/D. Just waiting on Sears to finally bite the dust, and then they will fail at the same time.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 06:44:26 PM »
Ive got a Kenmore W/D that was bought in 1975

never been serviced
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 11:39:57 PM »
My LG dishwasher is total crap.  Aside from some internal PCB burning up and nearly setting fire to my house, it never cleaned well and always had weird quirks.  I'll never do LG appliances again.

Between the tailgate party and home use, I've tried every single brand of TV over the past 15 years, and none have been as consistently high quality, and reliable, as Samsung.  That's all we have in the house now.

But I hear some of their appliances are crap.

I've seen lots of testimonials and 3rd party reports that say Kitchenaid is good for dishwashers.  badgerfan's is actually the first and only negative review  I've heard, but I trust and like badgerfan, so I'll certainly consider his opinion.

I have a couple of friends with Bosch dishwashers that like them well enough, and you fellers have had good things to say as well.  In general I sort of get a feeling that Bosch might be a bit overhyped, but then I look at their prices and for what I'm looking for, they're right in line with the other brands I'm considering, so really if it's good and reliable and people like it and it's an "overhyped" name brand that doesn't actually cost any more than its less hyped competitors, then how can it really be considered overhyped?

Ultimately there's zero doubt I'm overthinking this.  But I'm an engineer, and this is exactly what my people created the internet for to begin with.  So there you have it.

Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 02:16:57 PM »
[taps mic]

Is this thing on?

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
oh shit!

:67:
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »
[taps mic]

Is this thing on?
Hold up, did anybody go around and spray for pests before we moved in??
One seems to have gotten through....

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 02:21:15 PM »
kidding of course.     Welcome, Shiner! 
Hope you are doing well this year, or at least better than some of us. 

Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 02:23:08 PM »
Could be better... could be worse.   At least I don't live in Houston.

Been an interesting year to say the least....

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 02:37:47 PM »
No gathering is complete without representation of Aggy.

Which reminds me, are any of these new-fangled Shiner beers any good?  I've seen the commercials, Shiner varieties are popping up like a Sonic drink fountain.  Bear in mind, I live in God's country, so it's not like I can ask the rancher next door about the new Shiner macros, as he is likely too well churched to indulge in such.

Should I expand beyond the reliable Bock?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:40:35 PM by BrownCounty »

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »
Could be better... could be worse.   At least I don't live in Houston.

Been an interesting year to say the least....
Meanwhile in Houston, we are thinking "at least we don't live in Puerto Rico!"
Yes, it could always be worse. 
Glad you found the Porch and good job to your Aggies on that last OT game.  Pretty good one there. 

Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 02:40:37 PM »
Not really sure since I haven't had any.  I've been sticking primarily to Dallas area craft brews.... so my knowledge of said line of beers has diminished recently.  

But I'm not against taking this as an opportunity for research.

Shiner

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 02:42:55 PM »
Meanwhile in Houston, we are thinking "at least we don't live in Puerto Rico!"
Yes, it could always be worse.
Glad you found the Porch and good job to your Aggies on that last OT game.  Pretty good one there.

Sumlin had 1st and goal at around the 10yd line, with 26 seconds left... and essentially chose to play for the tie rather than take a shot into the endzone to win it outright.
At the time I nearly threw something at my TV in disgust.  Afterwards I see that Sumlin was probably telling himself he had the Arky's right where he wants them.  OT has been good to the Ags.... particularly against the pigs.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »
Yo Shiner.  Good to see you around.

95-- I like the Shiner Bohemian Black.  Kosmo is pretty good too.  I haven't tried the IPA since that's not a style I like very much.  Their wit wasn't my favorite, and now that Celis White is back, there's no need to drink any other Belgian-style witbier out there.   Sort of the same on their Oktoberfest, it's not my favorite and now that Live Oak is in cans, I don't need to get any other (American) Oktoberfests, either.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »
95-- I like the Shiner Bohemian Black.
Thanks for the recommendation.  And thanks for sparing me the lecture of how my pedestrian taste buds should grow up and move past macro swill varieties.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.