header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: ~2018 NFL Thread~

(Read 41055 times)

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: ~2018 NFL Thread~
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 01:51:31 PM »
The Chiefs starting RT was celebrating on Twitter, haha.
Lions couldn't win the division last year when Packers and Vikings lost their QBs, and the Bears were resetting with Trubisky.  Now Rodgers is back, Vikings added Cousins, and Bears have a more experienced Trubsiky, and just added the best rush LB in the league.  Oh and Patricia made a ton of terrible game management decisions in the preseason that have me thinking he the next rotten apple off the Belicheck tree.  Should be fun.
The Jon Gruden Part Deux experiment is off to a horrible start. I don't know how in the F you don't move heaven and earth to keep Mack around. That is a future Hall of Fame pass rusher- barring injury- knock on wood- who hasn't even hit his peak yet. Absolute insanity. Chicago's defense just got a lightning jolt of adrenaline to the heart. Raquon Smith was already my pick for defensive rookie of the year. I'm gonna double down on that pick now that he's got Mack in front of him to destroy offensive tackles all season long.
And yes, the Lions are screwed. No way they are winning the division any time soon. Patricia is a clown. This will not end well for Detroit. When will the NFL GM's and Owners realize that New England thing is basically all Brady and Belichik? Every time. Every single damn time they try to hire front office guys or coaches or sign free agents from New England- it never works out. Belichik never asks players to do things they can't- he adepts the schemes to the players- he's the smartest coach in the game- and Brady can take almost any player off the NFL scrap heap and make him a viable NFL starter on offense.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 02:05:45 PM »
Lions cut Rudock to keep Matt Cassell as the #2.  Had no idea Cassell was still lingering around.  Not sure I like that move.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 04:16:02 PM »
Raiders were holding out for two 1sts, and all they got was a 2nd and a 5th?  That's a steal

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 04:23:36 PM »
Raiders were holding out for two 1sts, and all they got was a 2nd and a 5th?  That's a steal
Never mind, just missaw it on the bottom ticker.  Got their two first rounders.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 05:19:26 PM »
 Patricia is a clown. This will not end well for Detroit. When will the NFL GM's and Owners realize that New England thing is basically all Brady and Belichik? Every time. Every single damn time they try to hire front office guys or coaches or sign free agents from New England- it never works out. 
So ELA and you are leading me to believe it's basically the Romeo Crennel Blueprint.They certainly look pedestrian at best when they leave Foxboro.But BB certainly faffed some drafts in BrownsTown and they gave him Carte Blanche.Even I couldn't foresee the gaggle of ebola chimps that paraded thru afterwords that ran the draft.Somewhere Matt Millen was shaking his head in disgust.Somebody is playing with one big fookin' Ouija Board around here
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 05:29:49 PM »
Or Weis...or Mangino...or McDaniels...

BOB is the lone success, and that's relative.  Basically he kept PSU mediocre when they could have been awful, and the jury is out in Houston.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 05:38:08 PM »
Never mind, just missaw it on the bottom ticker.  Got their two first rounders.
Bears also gave up a a 3rd and 6th rd pick to the Raiders. The Raiders gave the Bears a 2nd and a conditional 5th rd pick. 
Bears sign Mack for 6 years and $141 million with $90 million of that guaranteed. Biggest contract so far for a defensive player yet. 
Still can’t belive the Raiders decided to cheap out. Mack with the rookie DT’s Hall and Hurst and the rookie DE Arden Key could’ve been something.

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 08:03:13 AM »
If Curtis Martin never existed James Conner was the best Pitt RB since Dorsett (he's better than McCoy). So while he's not LeVeon Bell they'll be fine at the position. That is assuming his knees hold up. Conner's best attribute as a RB is that you can't tackle him high unfortunately because of that guys just dive at his knees. He took a ton of legal but cringey shots to his legs at Pitt and now stronger and faster players will be doing it. 

Was kind of hoping his future was say getting about 1/3 of Bell's carries and platooning at TE/HB. A position he could definitely play as he has the power to block for the run game and he's a very underrated pass catcher. Now he's on track for 300+ touches. I hope I'm wrong b/c I love watching him play but don't really see him lasting too long doing that.  

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 05:01:52 PM »
If Curtis Martin never existed James Conner was the best Pitt RB since Dorsett (he's better than McCoy). So while he's not LeVeon Bell they'll be fine at the position. That is assuming his knees hold up. Conner's best attribute as a RB is that you can't tackle him high unfortunately because of that guys just dive at his knees. He took a ton of legal but cringey shots to his legs at Pitt and now stronger and faster players will be doing it.

Was kind of hoping his future was say getting about 1/3 of Bell's carries and platooning at TE/HB. A position he could definitely play as he has the power to block for the run game and he's a very underrated pass catcher. Now he's on track for 300+ touches. I hope I'm wrong b/c I love watching him play but don't really see him lasting too long doing that.  
Well I snagged him on my fantasy team, so I'm hoping Bell stays out at least 10 weeks and Conner lasts that long...

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 01:42:46 PM »
the Bills look historically bad

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
Steelers bailed out after a 15 yard landing on the QB penalty

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2018, 02:03:50 PM »
Two personal foul calls against the Browns that I wouldn't be able to explain to someone who knew nothing about football.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2018, 02:10:23 PM »
Watching Barkley try and do anything against that garbage Giants OL makes him look even more like Barry

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2018, 02:42:34 PM »
So I can explain those personal fouls on the Steelers corner

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.