header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: ~2018 NFL Thread~

(Read 41108 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: ~2018 NFL Thread~
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:38:27 PM »
I saw an Oh My play from Josh Allen tonight.  Should lead any blooper reel.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 11:54:07 PM »
I never got what people saw there.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 12:24:38 PM »
yeah Josh Allen sucks. I don't get that at all.

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Barkley looked like that. Haven't been more sure of a RB coming into the NFL since Adrian Peterson. Barkley is simply awesome. Some people for some crazy reason were down on him because at times his rushing numbers stalled out. Wasn't really his fault imo. Penn State's OL was mediocre. He did a lot on his own.

Baker Mayfield looked scary good. Pre-season caveats apply. But his command, footwork, pocket awareness, confidence, accuracy, and ball placement all looked years beyond what you'd expect from a rookie. Baker looks NFL ready to me. Browns made the right pick. Mayfield is winning that job before the season starts imo. Tyrod Taylor has never been anything but average.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 12:39:14 PM »

Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Barkley looked like that. Haven't been more sure of a RB coming into the NFL since Adrian Peterson. Barkley is simply awesome. Some people for some crazy reason were down on him because at times his rushing numbers stalled out. Wasn't really his fault imo. Penn State's OL was mediocre. He did a lot on his own.
Bell is the first back, give or take Faulk, I've seen do in tight space what Barry did, since Barry.  Bell is a better pass catcher than Barry was, but backs weren't asked to do that nearly as much when Barry played, so who knows if he could have.  Bell doesn't have nearly Barry's speed though.  Barkley has it all, he has those tight moves, Bell's pass catching abilty, and Barry's speed.  He's insane.  He doesn't have AP's size

rook119

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 08:00:35 PM »

Baker Mayfield looked scary good. Pre-season caveats apply. But his command, footwork, pocket awareness, confidence, accuracy, and ball placement all looked years beyond what you'd expect from a rookie. Baker looks NFL ready to me. Browns made the right pick. Mayfield is winning that job before the season starts imo. Tyrod Taylor has never been anything but average.
Often it seemed like Franklin forgot Barkley was on the football field and PSU would go long stretches w/o using him. On the other hand Franklin probably added a season or 2 onto his NFL prime by never running him into the ground. 
The best explaination I heard about Josh Allen was that he was the hill that old school scouts are going to plant their flag on. 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 09:29:18 AM »
Skol Vikes!!!
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 08:24:08 PM »
The level of bad targeting penalties is telling me one of two things:
1. NFL refs are much worse than I thought
2. They're way overcompensating to make a point in the preseason 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 11:26:32 PM »
The level of bad targeting penalties is telling me one of two things:
1. NFL refs are much worse than I thought
2. They're way overcompensating to make a point in the preseason
I'm really hoping for #2.  They've done that before, overcompensating to try and force the guys to change how they play.  But if they call the regular season like this, I'll have a lot of free Sundays...and I doing college is far behind.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 07:52:14 PM »
Aaron Rodgers signs the richest deal ever in NFL history with the Packers.

4 year, $134 million extension. $103 million fully guaranteed.

Edit: oops my bad. The extension is for $134 million and 4 years. He still had 2 years left on his current deal. So now it's a 6 year contract worth $176 million with $4 million in incentives that could make the deal worth $180 million.

My guess? He sees every dime of that money. He's only 34 and I don't see him slowing down any time soon.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:55:58 PM by Mdot21 »

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 11:39:16 PM »
well, unless Anthony Barr body slams Rodgers on Sept 16th
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 01:02:08 PM »
Raiders have a deal with the Chicago Bears in place to trade All-Pro LB/DE Khalil Mack. Raiders are stupid as hell. You don't give up a pass rusher like that this early in his career.

Bears defense just got a whole lot better.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 01:35:03 PM »
Raiders have a deal with the Chicago Bears in place to trade All-Pro LB/DE Khalil Mack. Raiders are stupid as hell. You don't give up a pass rusher like that this early in his career.

Bears defense just got a whole lot better.

The Chiefs starting RT was celebrating on Twitter, haha.
Lions couldn't win the division last year when Packers and Vikings lost their QBs, and the Bears were resetting with Trubisky.  Now Rodgers is back, Vikings added Cousins, and Bears have a more experienced Trubsiky, and just added the best rush LB in the league.  Oh and Patricia made a ton of terrible game management decisions in the preseason that have me thinking he the next rotten apple off the Belicheck tree.  Should be fun.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.