header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: OU at WVU

(Read 8573 times)

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
OU at WVU
« on: November 20, 2018, 01:19:28 PM »
From what I can gather here most of the Horn fans on this board have already decided that the game has been played, the Sooners have lost, and it will be Texas-WVU in the CCG.  It's not an unreasonable prognostication, no doubt.  That assumes they beat Kansas, but how can they lose to Kansas, I mean seriously that would be a set back of enormous proportions, and regardless of Pooka etc, I just don't think that's gonna happen.

Oh well.  Meanwhile until the game is played we still have a chance. 

Hmm, though, this game and the overall way OU has played regardless of the 1-loss record is sure something to give all Sooner faithful pause ...

The only thing I'm more worried about than the Sooners defense against the run is the Sooners defense against the pass.  And, West Va is the #5 passing offense in the country.  Gulp.  I figure it will be a long day Saturday suffering through the slings and arrows of the Eers aerial assault, kind of like cheering for Thor as faces the Ice Queen in Ragnarok. 

But on the upside, we've been there before, in the same type of game this one figures to be, and have managed to come out with wins like OU 50 WVU 49 in 2012, and then in 2016 when we were both ranked in the top 10, Oklahoma coasted to a win in Mtown.

There won't be any coasting on Saturday, and I figure if we're lucky it will be another nail biter like the Bedlam game or the TT game or well, so many this year really.  Just got to stay ahead, somehow, some way.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
Re: OU at WVU
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 01:29:21 PM »
It's a Friday game, no?  
The most exciting game of the weekend for the B12 for sure.    I haven't decided on any outcomes, but I haven't really made too may predictions this year and have enjoyed the ride without expectations.   I'm sad it's the last weekend of the regular season, it feels like it went by a bit too fast like usual. 

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 01:33:27 PM »
It's a Friday game, no? 
Ugh, Erin, I hadn't realized that - the impending trauma is even closer than I thought!

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 01:36:16 PM »
I would love nothing more than to see Texas beat OU twice in the same season.  That would be rivalry scoreboard X2.

But honestly I just see the wvu defense making more stops than the OU defense.

OU ain't got no defense.  Besides, it's 12:34 and OU still sucks.

And as far as Horns Up, Horns Down, candid remarks, etc... everybody should just lighten up.  If you don't want to get taunted, be so perfect you're above reproach.  If you can't, get a sense of humor.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 01:38:02 PM »
Well better to know now rather than find out at 11 am on Saturday!  
I've been doing my best not to schedule anything to do on Friday so that I can watch all the games.  Great football is much better than black friday shopping anyway. 

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »
I like to shop online.   Amazon Plus delivers within hours and drives the HOA Neighborhood Watch people CRAZY!

"There's an unfamiliar car full of boxes driving slowly through our neighborhood looking at addresses.  We're under attack!"

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 01:41:26 PM »
Well better to know now rather than find out at 11 am on Saturday!  
True ... well, maybe!

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »
From what I can gather here most of the Horn fans on this board have already decided that the game has been played, the Sooners have lost, and it will be Texas-WVU in the CCG.

We should add this as a half-assed bonus: name the 2 teams that will meet in B12 title.

Up to Hooky.

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 01:49:28 PM »
I like to shop online.   Amazon Plus delivers within hours and drives the HOA Neighborhood Watch people CRAZY!

"There's an unfamiliar car full of boxes driving slowly through our neighborhood looking at addresses.  We're under attack!"
make sure you click on the Amazon link to the right on this page next time, so we can get our favorite board some kickback!    
Not sure if you knew it was there or not, but it does have a purpose & helps support this site.  I've tried to come in here to do my amazon searching to help the cause as well.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 07:31:34 PM »
We should add this as a half-assed bonus: name the 2 teams that will meet in B12 title.

Up to Hooky.
Nice idea, but I’ve already tempted the ecfg’s enough as it is ...

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 08:35:45 PM »
I think it's going to be a super-close game, lots of offense, high-scoring, and either team could win.

Overall I do agree with Slick that I think the WVU defense will get just one or two more stops, and that will decide the game, but it's not like I'd be surprised with a Sooner victory.  

Kris60

• All Star
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 10:12:00 PM »
Toss up.  I think one game comparison scores against common opponents can be fool’s gold but if you get enough of them I think they can tell a story.  In eight conference games OU has a scoring margin of +123 and WVU’s is +115.  So Oklahoma has been one point better per game than WVU in the Big 12.

Can WVU make up one point at home?  I think they can.  Will they?  Can’t wait to find out.  I’ll be a homer and say they do.  45-44 Mountaineers.

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 10:23:21 PM »
Toss up.  I think one game comparison scores against common opponents can be fool’s gold but if you get enough of them I think they can tell a story.  In eight conference games OU has a scoring margin of +123 and WVU’s is +115.  So Oklahoma has been one point better per game than WVU in the Big 12.

Can WVU make up one point at home?  I think they can.  Will they?  Can’t wait to find out.  I’ll be a homer and say they do.  45-44 Mountaineers.
I think you're right Kris.  We've had too much luck in the OU-WVU series so far.  Eventually it's going to go the other way, and this year seems like a good chance for it since the Sooner defense is the worst I think I've ever seen, at least in the Stoops-Riley era, and possibly going back way before that ...

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 09:18:04 AM »

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.