header pic

The ACC Forum at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: FSU's new coach Willie Taggart

(Read 9438 times)

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
FSU's new coach Willie Taggart
« on: June 17, 2018, 12:45:30 AM »
Anyone have any comments or knowledge about Willie Taggart? 
Seems like an odd choice. I just read an Orlando Sentinel article about how he is embracing Bobby Bowden, and inviting him to "look over his shoulder" and freely give input, and I think that's a good sign.

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Liked:
Re: FSU's new coach Willie Taggart
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 01:10:02 PM »
He inherits a good bit of talent at FSU.  First year coaches tend not to make the CG of course, and FSU faces a tough slate, but they could end up ranked I think.

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 12:39:49 AM »
I have plans to go to FSU @ ND in November. 
My read on ND is they should be very good, but they have a difficult schedule. 
I have very little information on FSU because I think player information when the coach is new probably does not shed much light.

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 01:32:03 AM »
FSU not looking good in Game 1 against V-Tech. I didn't see it. Game turned on turnovers. FSU had 5 lost turnovers. V-Tech had 0.

Otherwise statistically the teams were similar. FSU so far has unrealized potential. 

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 12:36:59 AM »
Week 2, Samford took FSU into the 4th Qtr with a lead.

Samford is FCS. Past coaches include Bobby Bowden and Terry Bowden, which most likely explains its appearance on FSU's football schedule.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.