header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: You Know What I Hate....?

(Read 82623 times)

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: You Know What I Hate....?
« Reply #644 on: September 18, 2018, 09:28:29 PM »
I like beds and I like boxes

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #645 on: September 19, 2018, 08:52:24 AM »
Im a very busy man and got things to do

POTD

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #646 on: September 19, 2018, 08:54:10 AM »
Nobody's got a chunk of money anymore, but anybody can shave off $20 month for something, and pay twice for it over time.

I don't know how lower middle-class households live without a bookkeeper to keep track of all monthly and weekly obligations.  I guess they just wait for the phone call.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 08:55:54 AM by BrownCounty »

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #647 on: September 19, 2018, 02:24:33 PM »
my bookkeeper is forgetful and lazy

So, I'm encouraged to use the one time full payment option at all times

yup, I'm the bookkeeper
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #648 on: September 19, 2018, 03:29:59 PM »
Today I was reminded of something I hate: poky a-holes.

Poky a-holes sounds like poking a-holes, but that’s a horse of a different and... (drum roll please) we’re not going to get... in... to that, right now.  SWIDT?

Poky a-holes is the ax I want to grind.

In life we go at different speeds.  Sometimes in a motorized vehicle or on foot we have to slow down to accommodate the slower (aka poky) ones.  It’s ok.

And sometimes in life we encounter a-holes.  It can be disheartening or entertaining.  Thing about a-holes though is that they’re honest with their feelings.   It’s ok.

But poky a-holes.   The mix is too strong and too hurtful.  Let me tell you what I mean.

A car pulls out in front of you and slows you down while there’s no room to pass.  They’re poky but they’re not actually a poky a-hole until you see them look right at you in their review mirror and take thir foot off the accelerator to go even slower.

Or you’re coming out a door of a business as someone else is coming in.  You step aside to be a gentleman.  There’s a smile on your face and no malice in your heart.  But the the recipient of your kindness perceptibly slows down.  Now they’re not only large but they seem to have acquired a temporary limp.  Poky a-hole.

You’re driving home through your neighborhood at 25 or 30 miles an hour.  You don’t want to run over anybody.  A couple in their 60s are jaywalking so you ease to a complete stop as they slow their pace and give you the stink eye.   Poky a-holes.

Where do these people come from?  Why are they so hateful and ugly?

Back in the day, back on the Easide, young brothers would occasionally strut slowly across the path of traffic.  But they always had big shit eating grins on their face and a ready laugh when they made you chuckle.  You could tell they meant no harm they were just having fun.

Now it’s folks of all colors.  Milfs in Hondas, elderly people, middle aged folks young couples.

Rude, poky a-holes angry at people just like themselves for just doing the same thing in the same place at the same time.

What has this world come to?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 03:32:02 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #649 on: September 19, 2018, 04:09:33 PM »
the poky a-hole that is driving plenty slow until you decide to pass, then they put down their phone or just decide to speed up because they notice you're passing.  Then for a few miles they drive fast enough to be right on your ass.

Eventually they go back to their poky speed and leave you alone
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #650 on: September 19, 2018, 04:34:35 PM »
Reminds of back in the early 90's when Denis Leary had a video on MTV, song called "Asshole" that included the lyrics:  

I'll drive really slow 
in the ultra-fast lane
while people behind me 
are going insane

'cuz I'm an asshooooooooole......

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #651 on: September 19, 2018, 04:37:36 PM »
Gap closers.

I hate gap closers.

I live for gaps.

People who close gaps are just hateful and inconsiderate.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #652 on: September 19, 2018, 04:40:11 PM »
Reminds of back in the early 90's when Denis Leary had a video on MTV, song called "Asshole" that included the lyrics:  

I'll drive really slow
in the ultra-fast lane
while people behind me
are going insane

'cuz I'm an asshooooooooole......
He was the step dad in Sand Lot.
And whenever I hear the dude on the Home Depot commercial it sounds like Roddy McDowall doing a Denis Leary imitation.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #653 on: September 20, 2018, 07:36:17 AM »
I hate the poky a-hole pedestrian in a parking lot, that crosses the driving lane walking slowly on a diagonal, taking up way more time than if they simply crossed directly at a perpindicular.  

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #654 on: September 20, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »
Gap closers.

I hate gap closers.

I live for gaps.

Yes, ISWYDT

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #655 on: September 20, 2018, 11:13:22 AM »
Gap closers.

I hate gap closers.

I live for gaps.

My sister once told a story years ago about how she liked to box in the speeders on the highways.  Like, she would purposefully pull into the fast lane and go the same speed as a Uhaul or Mac Truck that's in the slow lane just to keep cars from flying over 80+ down the highway.    She felt she was doing people favors by slowing down the speeders, but I had to break it to her that she was not following the laws of the road and could even get herself into a road rage sitch here in TX with all those gun-toting maniacs everywhere.   I certainly hope she doesn't get her jollies doing this anymore, I think everyone in the room at the time she told us this were gasping and appalled that she would think that was okay.
But it wasn't the first time I discovered my sister is kind of an asshole.  

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #656 on: September 20, 2018, 11:43:23 AM »
some folks just can't help themselves

they simply can't conform to society

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #657 on: September 20, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »
When we are 6 year-old first-graders, we all experiment with being tattle tales.  Most of us soon learn that nobody likes a tattle tale and snitches get stitches.  If that wasn't enough, seventh-grade gossip will enforce the concept by adding a little lesson about glass houses.

But amazingly there are some who slip through all of that and still imagine God put them on this earth to be their brother's keeper.

These folks tend to be 7th grade social studies teachers, mall cops and HOA board members.

Folks like that are especially bothersome in conservative Christian churches where they are wont to claim that such nosy interference is a manifestation of the fruits of spirit called discernment and exhortation.

Personally, I like my exhortation to be a tad more encouraging and less critical but what's a feller to do?

In hind sight, Baylor probably should've admitted more kids with those "gifts."

Butt a la ass, I digress.

I don't like keepers.  I don't like to be kept.  I like to run wild and free.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.