header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: OT- fictional football characters

(Read 64191 times)

CWSooner

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
Re: OT- fictional football characters
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2018, 11:18:01 PM »
CPO jackets.  Hadn't thought of those in a while.

They went very well with chukka boots.

I have a pair of chukka boots now.  I wear 'em with my non-name brand blue jeans on weekends.

Billy Clyde Puckett might have worn chukka boots.
Play Like a Champion Today

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2018, 11:30:47 PM »
Small world.  I grilled those center cut pork steaks HEB dry rubs.  Good stuff.  Cheap, tender, tasty.
I buy the center cut pork loins for under $2/lb.  Have the butcher chop them about 1 1/2" thick.  Some I marinate, some dry rub, 
pan fried or grilled, very tender.  not much for bbq sauce.  use salsa or hot sauce or mostly just season salt and black pepper
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2018, 09:01:56 AM »
I like BBQ sauce as a mop for grilling chicken.

Or for dipping your white wonder bread into whilst eating BBQ.

That's about it.

I'm doing the other half of the pork chops today, in the slow cooker, with some apples, onions, and carrots.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »
that will be very good

I usually reserve the crock pot for the pork roast.  Sometimes I have the butcher leave a nice crock pot sized chunk of the loin when cutting chops.

some of the spicy BBQ sauces are OK, I'm not big into the sweet sugary sauces.  Chipotle is good. 
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2018, 04:57:50 PM »
I see myself as a Steve Buscemi type and I've always pictured CW as the dignified, scholarly type like James Avery the man who played Will's uncle on Fresh Prince- three piece suit and exasperated air and all.

So to learn we're both brothers in chukka boots and CPO jackets makes me reassess everything.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2018, 05:52:16 PM »
Course the staples of my wardrobe 1976 - 1980 were 28 x 34 Levi Big Bellbottom jeans and black pocket T shirts.
I just thought they were thick flannels.  My wardrobe 1978-1982:

* Flannel shirt untucked, unbuttoned, sleeves rolled up
* Black concert t-shirt  (Aero, Kiss, Nugent, Rush, etc)
* Levi's jeans (28 x 32 likely - I'm 34 x 34 now)
* Red wing work boots
* Sometimes a belt with a stupid rock group belt buckle (boy was that ghey)
* Hair combed in wings and hanging everywhere

Kids were labeled freaks or socials (or dorks) where I went.

How I turned out right is anybody's guess.  I went through the rock band thing before college.  Then grew up.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 05:56:14 PM by BrownCounty »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2018, 07:42:07 PM »
What kind of car did you drive, BC?   I’m trying figure out if we would’ve been buds are sworn enemies.

Actually... i was pretty simple minded back in the day.   I liked everybody except the current gf’s exes.   There seemed to be an obligation to hate them.   Not sure why.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2018, 07:52:11 PM »
And too soon mullet guy.  I hated too soon mullet guy.

I wore my hair to my shoulders until the summer of 1980 when I decided to follow Glenn Frey’s lead on the Long Run album and cut it short and go preppy.  And thus I was until around the time of Steve Perry’s Oh Sherry video  (1984) when I decided to grow a mullet which I wore until about 1990 or1991 when I decided to go with a long banged grown out bowl cut I could shake into place with a toss of the head.

Yeah I was that guy and I hated pre-Oh Sherry mullet guy with a fashion.

What I loved however were the green haired mohawk Drag kids of the early 80s.   They just wanted to be different but ironically there were so freak8ng many of them.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2018, 12:04:53 AM »
Steve Perry was wearing a mullet before Oh Sherry.  He was pretty much all long-hair for Escape, but for just about every video off Frontiers, he was sporting that classic Perry-mullet.

So what makes his first solo hit the distinguishing break in time for you?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:09:12 AM by utee94 »

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »
What kind of car did you drive, BC?   I’m trying figure out if we would’ve been buds are sworn enemies.
I drove my mom's Pontiac Catalina for almost a year.  (Got a "hardship" license at 15)  Saved a little dough and bought a '79 Z28.  My dad co-signed for me.  Black on black, gold striping.  Put Cragar mags on it and those stupid aluminum louvers on the back window.  Installed Pioneer sound system.

If I wasn't driving that car, I would sometimes just sit in the yard and stare at it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:54:03 AM by BrownCounty »

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2018, 08:52:50 AM »
And too soon mullet guy.  I hated too soon mullet guy.
I may have been too soon mullet guy.  I wore my hair long but I also enjoyed the punk rocker look on top.

If you think about it, that's really kinda what a mullet came to be.  The punk rock look combined with the hard rocker look.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:56:50 AM by BrownCounty »

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2018, 08:55:52 AM »
Steve Perry was wearing a mullet before Oh Sherry.  He was pretty much all long-hair for Escape, but for just about every video off Frontiers, he was sporting that classic Perry-mullet.
Infinity thru Frontiers was a good run for Journey.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2018, 09:06:03 AM »
Indeed it was.  Raised on Radio and the Visionquest Soundtrack had some good Journey tunes, too.  But for complete whole albums, that Infinity-Frontiers run is hard to top.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.