header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Michigan Season Thread

(Read 74079 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
2019 Michigan Season Thread
« on: December 30, 2018, 01:30:55 PM »
Nordin was kicked off the team for calling Harbaugh a motherf***er in practice.  Was probably transferring either way
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:13:57 PM by 847badgerfan »

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Michigan Offseason Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 01:35:22 PM »
Nordin was kicked off the team for calling Harbaugh a motherf***er in practice.  Was probably transferring either way
Been a long time since Harbaugh spent the night with him. 

Brutus Buckeye

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »

So far Harbaugh hasn't been able to get by ND or OSU, but get both teams at home. 

The road team is undefeated in the Paul Bunyon series since big Jim's arrival, so that trend would favor the Spartans. 

JH has yet to beat Wisconsin on the road, so that one could be problematic. And winning at Penn St is no gimme. 

You can probably pencil in a W in the other seven games, so 3-2 in the five big games should be enough to catapult the Wolverines to another 10-win finish heading into the Bowl Game. 
1919, 20, 21, 28, 29, 31, 34, 35, 36, 37, 42, 44
WWH: 1952, 54, 55, 57, 58, 60, 61, 62, 63, 65, 67, 68, 70, 72, 74, 75
1979, 81, 82, 84, 87, 94, 98
2001, 02, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 03:35:46 PM »
Don't sleep on Army, Oklahoma almost did.

Iowa is at home, but next year's Hawkeyes team looks like it could be Ferentz's best since that 2010 team.  Better than the 2015 version.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 05:13:32 PM »
starting CB LaVert Hill returning for his senior year as is starting safety Josh Mettelus. That’s big news for the 2019 secondary. If they can get the other starting CB David Long to return as well- whoa. Hopefully Dax Hill is ready to start at the other safety spot and hopefully Ambry Thomas is ready to finally make his presence felt on defense and not just special teams. Long, Thomas, and Dax can fly. Probably 3 of the 10 fastest guys in the entire B1G. If they can’t produce an elite secondary with athletes like that next year- then Don Brown should be on his way out. Brown needs to change up his schemes. Less man to man across the board is a GOOD thing. 

Pep Hamilton was on the sidelines in the Lambeau field in the GB vs Detroit game today. I pray to god that means he’s taking an NFL job.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 05:17:32 PM »
Metellus is terrible in every big game.  Getting all the cornerbacks back is big though.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 05:26:28 PM »
Metellus is terrible in every big game.  Getting all the cornerbacks back is big though.
Because Don Brown asks him to do things he shouldn’t be asking him to do. 
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a safety play as much man to man coverage as he asks Metellus to play. There are only a handful of safeties in the history of the sport that can actually play man to man like a CB all game long and hold up. Metellus ain’t one of them. Dax Hill- now that’s the type of freak athlete that might be able to do it but we won’t know til he actually goes out and does it. Bottom line- for a safety to play that much man to man he’s got to be a freak of nature like Dax Hill. That ain’t Metellus. Metellus is an average athlete. 
Metellus was awful in 2017, but he was quite good most of the time in 2018. If he can improve a bit and if Don Brown can get his head out of his ass and stop asking Metellus to play so much man to man coverage- I think he can be quite good. 
Really, they need to change the defensive scheme imo. It’s not working. It’s been figured out and exposed. Joe Moorhead cracked the code on that defense last year and Urban and his disciple Dan Mullen set it on fire this year.
They need massive scheme overhaul.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 09:32:04 PM »
Been a long time since Harbaugh spent the night with him.
That was wrong but funny
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 01:15:24 PM »
The OL still isn’t up to par and it’s pretty sad that in 4 years Karan Higdon is hands down the best RB that Jim’s developed. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think his offenses suck and so does his philosophy, but they’d have look a lot better with an elite level OL and an elite RB. 

He landed his best RB prospect yet in the 2019 class, and the guard prospects look pretty good. But offensive tackle still seems to be the weak spot in his recruiting. 

SuperMario

• Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 02:35:26 PM »
Something has to change offensively. As I was watching Baker Mayfield almost come back and beat the Ravens, it hit me, that Michigan’s offense is not only ineffective vs better teams, but it’s also incredibly boring.

Looking back, this was one of the most boring 10 win seasons I can remember. They simply are not a fun team to watch. I would honestly rather watch a 7-8 win RichRod team than this 10 win Harbaugh team.

It’s difficult to determine if it’s Pep or Harbaugh, but the offense has not evolved with as the game has evolved over the last 15 years. 

I’m hopeful something changes heading into 2019. My preference is that there’s a change with Pep and at qb. Those two changes will help us see if Harbaugh is actually the problem.

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 02:11:43 AM »
Something has to change offensively. As I was watching Baker Mayfield almost come back and beat the Ravens, it hit me, that Michigan’s offense is not only ineffective vs better teams, but it’s also incredibly boring.

Looking back, this was one of the most boring 10 win seasons I can remember. They simply are not a fun team to watch. I would honestly rather watch a 7-8 win RichRod team than this 10 win Harbaugh team.

It’s difficult to determine if it’s Pep or Harbaugh, but the offense has not evolved with as the game has evolved over the last 15 years.

I’m hopeful something changes heading into 2019. My preference is that there’s a change with Pep and at qb. Those two changes will help us see if Harbaugh is actually the problem.
Pep has taken another job sounds like, and the problem isn’t the QB or Pep, it’s Harbaugh. It’s his boring, stupid offense with his fingerprints all over it.
Shea was actually pretty good all things considered. You saw how bad Speight, O’Korn, and Peters looked playing in this shit show offense for these stupid coaches, right? McCaffrey has shown next to nothing and newsflash: Joe Milton sucks at playing QB. Better pray to god that Shea doesn’t get hurt or 2019 will be ugly as shit. 
In other news, TE Zach Gentry has declared for the NFL draft. Which makes no sense to me, seeing as how he has some ways to go as a blocker still and he dropped more big key passes in the biggest games this season than any WR/TE that I’ve ever seen at Michigan. Should’ve stayed in school and improved. 

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 06:48:22 AM »
I think Michigan will be decent in 2019 with Patterson's return.   The OL should continue to improve.  The defense is more of a question mark but should be solid at a minimum.    So, decent in 2019 but I'm sure I'll be thinking Big Ten title contender by Summer.   Michigan's large recruiting class is pretty good.  Michigan has yet to out recruit Ohio State IMO which is something they'll have to do if they want to beat them.
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 02:33:30 PM »
If they can get the other starting CB David Long to return as well- whoa.
Long declared for the draft

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 02:42:32 PM »
Long declared for the draft
Always made more sense for him to leave early than Hill imo. 
Long is taller, bigger, and faster than Hill. Wouldn’t shock me to see Long go late 1st or 2nd round if he blows up the combine, which I bet he will. He was a track star in high school, very athletic kid.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.