header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Nebraska (0-1, 0-3) at #19 Michigan (1-0, 3-1) Post Game

(Read 13842 times)

medinabuckeye1

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Nebraska (0-2) at #19 Michigan (2-1) Game Week
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 09:39:32 AM »
Mods where are you?  Shut down this thread.  NFL hijacking from the OP on out. I suppose that may be a welcome distraction than actually talking about this matchup.     I'd like to see a game w/o a turnover, and a reasonable number of penalties.
LoL, sorry about that. I agree with @MrNubbz though, Cleveland hasn't had a professional football team in years.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 09:45:44 AM »
Who is this scrub from Nebraska? How dare this peasant open his mouth to speak the name of one of the all-time greats. Someone should slap this fool.
 Jay Foreman is a former American football linebacker in the National Football League with the Buffalo Bills, the Houston Texans, and the New York Giants. He played college football at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and was drafted in the fifth round of the 1999 NFL Draft. He is the son of Chuck Foreman.
Career history
Buffalo Bills (1999–2001)
Houston Texans (2002–2004)
New York Giants (2005)
San Francisco 49ers (2006)
Career NFL statistics
Tackles:   527
Sacks:   4.5
Fumble recoveries:   5
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2018, 09:56:17 AM »
pretty dumb what if imo. no way to really know. I'll be a homer an roll with Michigan just based off of that defense and what the starters on those two teams did at the next level in the NFL. 
I agree it's pretty dumb, but someone had to do it this week.
the Michigan defense didn't see an o-line or an offense like the Huskers that season
and if the game had been played 5 years later in the NFL the Wolverines would have had a better chance.
As far as college QBs go, Frost was much better than Griese.
The just of the article was about the opportunity missed for the two teams to actually settle it on the field.
I don't remember that the BCS was already a done deal in 97.  I thought this split title was the driving force to move the Big Ten and Pac into the Alliance?
New York Times bestselling author John U. Bacon said. "Everybody knew the deal was coming next year, of course, with the original BCS. I don't think there was any real talk about a matchup between Nebraska and Michigan. It was bar talk, frankly, and it still is. That's what makes it so fascinating 21 years later."
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Hoss

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2018, 10:04:09 AM »
This Nebraska OL will the cure for whatever ails the Michigan defense...it is legitimately terrible. Even in a pro style scheme they would be under-talented, but in this wide-split offense they are barely functional. 

I hope they will clean up the mistakes as we progress through the year, but these toads need to be replaced with quick-twitch athletes. 

Hoss

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 10:08:24 AM »
Tennessee had scads of future NFL players too...Huskers stomped the piss outta those dudes.

Both teams had lots of great players, and it was the sport being robbed of this game that finally broke the stranglehold the bowls held over the postseason. 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 11:20:32 AM »
This Nebraska OL will the cure for whatever ails the Michigan defense...it is legitimately terrible. Even in a pro style scheme they would be under-talented, but in this wide-split offense they are barely functional.

I hope they will clean up the mistakes as we progress through the year, but these toads need to be replaced with quick-twitch athletes.
Ed Zachery

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2018, 11:21:10 AM »
Fearless Prediction & Line
Michigan 38, Nebraska 16
Line: Michigan -19.5, o/u: 50
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3.5

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/09/michigan-vs-nebraska-fearless-prediction-game-preview

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
Mario Verduzco felt like Adrian Martinez was working at game tempo during Wednesday’s practice. The quarterbacks coach is preparing both Martinez and Andrew Bunch to be ready on Saturday, but the practice was another step in the right direction.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2018, 01:59:52 PM »
Running backs coach Ryan Held evoked Rocky IV when talking about the challenge ahead of the Huskers in Ann Arbor, where they opened as 18-point underdogs this week. 

“At the end of the day, this is Rocky IV. Nobody thinks we can win this game. National people don’t think we can win this game. We have to be able to rally, come together as a group, go on the road, get on that airplane like Rocky Balboa did and frickin’ beat Ivan Drago. That’s what we have to do. That’s kind of where we’re at and we’re going to keep fighting to get this done.”

Hoss

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2018, 02:11:14 PM »
Running backs coach Ryan Held evoked Rocky IV when talking about the challenge ahead of the Huskers in Ann Arbor, where they opened as 18-point underdogs this week.

“At the end of the day, this is Rocky IV. Nobody thinks we can win this game. National people don’t think we can win this game. We have to be able to rally, come together as a group, go on the road, get on that airplane like Rocky Balboa did and frickin’ beat Ivan Drago. That’s what we have to do. That’s kind of where we’re at and we’re going to keep fighting to get this done.”
Jesus
Wake me up when its 2019. Better yet, hit snooze until 2020. 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2018, 02:28:23 PM »
go back to sleep, Hoss.

It's just a bad dream.  a very bad dream

Anonymous Coward

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2018, 02:28:39 PM »
I'm glad Martinez seems to be gearing up to play. That's alacrity I might end up regretting.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2018, 02:48:20 PM »
One coach. One mind. One vote. 

That was the difference between what happened on Jan. 3, 1998 — a semi-controversial, mostly celebrated split national title — and what could’ve happened:

The biggest voting scandal in college football history. 

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/mad-chatter-how-tom-osborne-and-nebraska-barely-eluded-the/article_0a1f2b13-3a64-5c28-adbb-6a04a4fbda83.html

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2018, 03:11:03 PM »
While I think everyone expects comments to made along the lines of those referenced above (Ryan Held), why exactly is that content being put in the public domain?   Might as well run Belushi's speech.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.