header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Nebraska 2018 Season Thread

(Read 51889 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Nebraska 2018 Season Thread
« Reply #630 on: September 10, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »
No shit.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #631 on: September 10, 2018, 12:32:26 PM »
They lost to Butler... a team that has zero football scholarships.   It appears the locals feel his run 2 yrs ago was more about Husker transfers than bo..

SI even ran an article about the upset:   https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/09/06/butler-youngstown-state-upset-fcs-pioneer-league    They called it the biggest upset ever
Learned a lot I didn't know about scholarship rules, and how those impacted the football programs at decent mid-major basketball schools.

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #632 on: September 10, 2018, 12:32:39 PM »
Ed Zachery,unless he's popping off behind the scenes.Hard to imagine he would want to be disagreeable after a second chance in an area he grew up in.Tressell is prolly easy enough to get along with
Bo doesn't like to be told no...  I'm guessing the rumors that he's not getting along with the administration after last years negative press about recruiting of a sex offender are probably true, at least based upon what we know at UNL

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #633 on: September 10, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »
back to UNL...  the defense is going to make mistakes and they're going to gamble in lose.   But they are aggressive and will make plays.   It won't be a D that holds teams to 10 pts.  It will be a D that gets sacks, creates disruption and hopefully turnovers.   It has been years since UNL has had a D that wants to set the tone rather than participate in the game of "how many punches can you take". 

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #634 on: September 10, 2018, 12:54:28 PM »
Steven M. Sipple‏ @HuskerExtraSip 23m23 minutes ago

Luke Gifford says Blackshirts were awarded today. Didn't say exactly which defenders received them. He did say he DID receive one along with fellow backers Mo Barry, Tyrin Ferguson and Dedrick Young. Updates coming.

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #635 on: September 10, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »
hope this is true...

Jim Rose‏ @Jimrosehuskers 5h5 hours ago

.@Sean_Callahan on #KFAB "Martinez was smiling yesterday. I hear he was joking with the training staff. May have dodged a major bullet with his injury." Looks like an #MCLSprain which only requires rest to heal. .@Huskers .@kfabnews

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #636 on: September 10, 2018, 05:18:00 PM »
It's gonna be a thin hand to play all season, no offense to Mr. Bunch.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #637 on: September 13, 2018, 10:36:39 AM »
Nebraska football defensive end Freedom Akinmoladun was recognized Thursday for his work in the community as he was named to the 2018 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®.

The 2018 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team®:
Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS)
Clemson University – Sean Pollard
Duke University – Johnathan Lloyd
Kansas State University – Dalton Risner
Syracuse University – Kielan Whitner
University of California, Berkeley – Patrick Laird
University of Georgia – Rodrigo Blankenship
University of Nebraska – Freedom Akinmoladun
University of Notre Dame – Nic Weishar
University of Oklahoma – Caleb Kelly
University of Texas – Chase Moore
University of Wisconsin – D’Cota Dixon
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #638 on: September 13, 2018, 11:18:29 AM »
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #639 on: September 13, 2018, 02:32:44 PM »
Bagman?
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #640 on: September 13, 2018, 02:52:55 PM »
Quarterback guru

I'd like to play golf with that guy

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #641 on: September 16, 2018, 01:39:02 AM »
If only the QB guru could heal the QB.   No offense to Andrew Bunch, but this team isn't going to win 4 games with him.   He wasn't awful per se,  there were too many penalties and mistakes to go around.   The PR was a great athletic feat by the Troy PR, but summed up the day for Nebraska.   The red zone possessions for Nebraska were just sad.   As noted up thread and elsewhere, this team has a thin margin, particularly with Bunch at the helm.   I'm not apathetic, as I clearly see things i like about this team vs previous iterations, but they need a healthy Adrian Martinez if they want to win football games.  

Hoss

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #642 on: September 16, 2018, 10:19:21 AM »
The OL is atrocious, as I expected. WRs are mediocre, as I expected. 

Martinez can mitigate this to some degree with his athleticism, so when he is in we can field some semblance of an offense. When he's out...its going to be ugly. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #643 on: September 17, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »
The OL is atrocious, as I expected. WRs are mediocre, as I expected.

Martinez can mitigate this to some degree with his athleticism, so when he is in we can field some semblance of an offense. When he's out...its going to be ugly.
Really?  2 of our 4 preseason all-conference picks were Huskers.  I'd say the WRs have been the biggest disappointment on the team.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.