header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: An Ode to 1997 SOC September 22

(Read 17744 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: An Ode to 1997 SOC September 22
« Reply #294 on: September 24, 2018, 08:06:15 AM »
11 years. Love the place, like I said, but we just had to sell (while we could still sell here).
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2018, 08:51:29 AM »
I liked our house in Cincy, puttering around in the yard and whatnot was good for me.  The deer ate most of what I planted though.

I am glad now not to have to be concerned about stuff breaking or needing painting or roofs or woodpeckers pecking holes in the siding, which happened every year in several places.  That was really annoying.

They are about to reroof our condo apparently, something they do about every 25 years or so.

Big Beef Tacosupreme

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2018, 09:09:37 AM »
Many people are allergic before desensitization. Me too. To cats and dogs (not to mention 365 days of "seasonal" allergies). But after ~4 months with either type, it was over. Those months weren't strictly comfortable, but prophylactic cetirizine is a marvel.
In any event, I think most people can grow out of it. It's paradoxical that the allergy can be more persistent if the allergen is avoided.
I did not have pet allergies.  Got pets. Lived with them for a couple of years.  Suddenly developed allergies.
Allergist said it was very common.  Exposure works both ways, apparently.
I don't really like animals anyway.  People that treat their pets like kids creep me out, too. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: September 24, 2018, 09:15:24 AM »
One thing (among many things) that annoys me is when people bring their dogs into stores. Went to a wine tasting Saturday afternoon with the wife and in walks this woman with two dogs. I know the owner of the liquor store (shocking, I'm sure) so I went to him and asked that the dogs be removed. Being that my cart was full of wine, he obliged.

Dammit people, leave the hairy unwashed unwiped naked men at home. The damn things are not gonna shop, taste wine or buy anything. EVER. Think of others aside from yourself.

This is a PoA example in my mind.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: September 24, 2018, 09:24:27 AM »
I notice dogs frequently on airplanes now.  They "ban" peanuts if someone claims to have an allergy, but I see 2-3 pooches on the plane routinely now.

And like HDCP parking spaces, folks found out how easy it is to get their dogs labeled as "service/support animals".  I know a couple who did that so they could take their dog anywhere.  He's a great dog, but I don't want him in the grocery store.

Humans will abuse any privilege given to the few for good reason.  In not many years, the few become the many.

Most of the folks parking in HDCP spots at Wally World are, well, not thin.

Kris60

• All Star
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: September 24, 2018, 09:35:10 AM »
One thing (among many things) that annoys me is when people bring their dogs into stores. Went to a wine tasting Saturday afternoon with the wife and in walks this woman with two dogs. I know the owner of the liquor store (shocking, I'm sure) so I went to him and asked that the dogs be removed. Being that my cart was full of wine, he obliged.

Dammit people, leave the hairy unwashed unwiped naked men at home. The damn things are not gonna shop, taste wine or buy anything. EVER. Think of others aside from yourself.

Preach!

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2018, 09:41:23 AM »
I often notice a dog licking his "hind parts" and then "kissing" his owner shortly thereafter.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2018, 10:08:00 AM »
I often notice a dog licking his "hind parts" and then "kissing" his owner shortly thereafter.

Yep, I see that too. WTF??
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2018, 10:14:31 AM »
I still really like dogs (and Dawgs of course).

I notice (as have the wife) that drivers around here are more prone to "letting you in" in traffic than in Cincy.  They also are more prone to running red left turn signals and a few drivers are very aggressive in traffic, more than in Cincy.  Otherwise it's about the same except here even midday traffic can be really bad.

In Cincy we nearly always timed our trips to "off hours" but here they don't seem to have them outside 2 AM.

I had wondered if getting a manual transmission was a good idea in this traffic but thus far it's fine.  It's a bit notchy, not as smooth as a Honda would be.  Honda has a nice linkage in general.

Our building is having a 30th anniversary celebration this weekend.  It's almost the same age as our house was.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »
Quote of the week
Kentucky linebacker Kash Daniel, asked if he felt sorry for the Mississippi State left tackles after the Wildcats had three sacks and held the Bulldogs to 201 total yards in a 28-7 victory: “I didn’t feel sorry for any of them. I hope they’re all crying, and I hope they’re all sobbing. I hope all their girlfriends broke up with them, everything. ... I don’t care about them at all.”
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: September 24, 2018, 11:15:13 AM »

U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2018, 11:40:19 AM »

The truest form of PoA, when we say think of others, but are really saying, think of me and my preferences. 
I’m not bringing my dog to a grocery store, but a liquor store acting as a de facto bar, that doesn’t bother me much. I mean, if the store owner doesn’t care, is what it is. I’m not moving much past a live and let live outlook. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2018, 11:44:01 AM »
I'm badly allergic to dogs (and other things) to the point where if they simply touch me, I break out in a rash. My "preference" is to not have this happen, because it sucks.

Is it selfish to not expect to find a dog walking in a f'ing store?

Or, is it selfish to bring your damn dog into a store, knowing there may be other people inside who cannot tolerate your damn dog?
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: September 24, 2018, 12:04:01 PM »
A dog can react to any quick movement or kids running/screaming next thing you know it latches on to some one - ya leave the mutts at home.Unless it's saturday afternoon and Badge is at a wine tasting well then empty the shelter maybe some of those ripple slurpers will want to adopt a rescue.Serves him right for not watching College Football
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.