header pic

The SEC Forum at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: CD's attempt at an ELA Impression

(Read 4898 times)

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
CD's attempt at an ELA Impression
« on: September 19, 2018, 05:14:53 PM »
Obviously, that is a standard that far exceeds my meager abilities, but it could be fun anyway.

Georgia at Missouri

So, the Dawgs look pretty good thus far, though there is concern in the running back position of all things and the defense is sack-less thus far pretty much.  Mizzou of course has an All World QB and some tall wide outs, so they can expect to put up points, as they did last year in Athens.  But, defense ultimately makes a difference and the Dawgs escape late 44-31.

A&M at Alabama

If the venue were swapped, I might pick Bama in a close one say 28-26 or something.  But, this Bama team is perhaps the best I've seen since 1995 Nebraska, and I think this one has a prosaic ending, before halftime in fact.  Bama 45  A&M 13

USCe at Vandy

Vandy somehow put a scare into the Domers, so they perhaps are not awful.  USCe wins fairly handily in a low scoring affair, 27-13.

LaTech at LSU

Normally I wouldn't even post this one, but the great mind Lou Holtz has picked LaTech for some obscure family related reasons.  I don't.  LSU 34  LaTech 13

MissState at Kentucky

The Cats beat Florida!  That never happens, almost.  Are they fer real?  Nope.  MSU is.  MSU 27  UK 14

Florida at Tennessee

I'm tempted to pick Florida 6-4 in double OT.  The Vols have not won a conference game in, well, a while, and managed to lose one late to Florida last year of course, and they do it again, Hapless Gators beat Hapless Vols late 26-21.

Arkansas at Auburn

No upset at all here, Auburn 45-13.

bamajoe

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: CD's attempt at an ELA Impression
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »
I think Vandy upsets the overrated Gamecocks.  Vandy 28 SC 21.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 09:18:56 PM »
I dont think the cocks are overrated at all... Nor underrated... I think the dawgs forced a early punch of the spaz button by a coach who is no tactician.  If he (miss-a-champ) were to hire a top shelf OC or find a rising star, theyd be a lot more formidable.  

I cant argue with rest of it. 

Vols dont have the lines, gators do... Their ceiling is higher on that fact alone... They're yet to gel under real fire, but that can happen quickly... And UT is hardly 'fire" ... UK ran all over them it's true, but I'm thinking UK is a lot better than people realize .Not great, but damn good. 

The only team regular season and most post that can beat bama is bama .Damn it .(In a conceding tone)  

I like LSU so far .Not totally unlike a miles team. Fun. 

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 12:18:59 PM »
I just picked up a rock and saw the script on tje bottom.  Much to my dismay, but certainly brought joy, it read:

Florida 28
Tennessee 42

I dont knkw how to explain it either, bit thats what it said. 

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 12:20:27 PM »
Pardon my bad typing due to fat fingers... I'm still without power and havent eaten in three days... On a friggin island.  End in site, though, and happy the site here hasnt crashed!!!

eltigrerex

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 12:36:46 PM »
Nice write-up, CD!! One quibble... I think UGA destroys Mizzou. 

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 02:42:26 PM »
Pardon my bad typing due to fat fingers... I'm still without power and havent eaten in three days... On a friggin island.  End in site, though, and happy the site here hasnt crashed!!!
Best wishes Drew haven't eaten in 3 fookin' days Really?No creek chubs or craw dads,no MREs or tins?WOW,my personal best was like 17 hrs before surgery.Get grub and get dry
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 02:44:10 PM »
I think Vandy upsets the overrated Gamecocks.  Vandy 28 SC 21.
Bama you still doing the handicapping thing?
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 02:53:19 PM »
Neighbor just hooked me up with proper meal... Last few days been bag of chips here, granola bar there. Not for lack of access, but for constant motion... By time Sun set and curfew went into affect, all I wanted was sleep. Curfew off now power is back and some stores open. Missing a few meals isn't a bad thing for me!!! 

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 10:28:13 AM »
"Vandy somehow put a scare into the Domers, "

ND is pathetic. Ranked at #99 Total Offense and #62 Total Defense. Against Michigan, Ball State, and Vanderbilt.  Was very fortunate to beat Ball State and Vandy.

Cincydawg

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 11:03:14 AM »
So, how did I do?

Georgia at Missouri

So, the Dawgs look pretty good thus far, though there is concern in the running back position of all things and the defense is sack-less thus far pretty much.  Mizzou of course has an All World QB and some tall wide outs, so they can expect to put up points, as they did last year in Athens.  But, defense ultimately makes a difference and the Dawgs escape late 44-31.

Pretty close scorewise to the actual 43-29, but my analysis was not accurate.  I'll call this a W.

A&M at Alabama

If the venue were swapped, I might pick Bama in a close one say 28-26 or something.  But, this Bama team is perhaps the best I've seen since 1995 Nebraska, and I think this one has a prosaic ending, before halftime in fact.  Bama 45  A&M 13

I'll cal this a win versus 45-23.  I'm on a roll, should quite now.

USCe at Vandy

Vandy somehow put a scare into the Domers, so they perhaps are not awful.  USCe wins fairly handily in a low scoring affair, 27-13.

37-14 actual, not bad, USCe did better on offense.

LaTech at LSU

Normally I wouldn't even post this one, but the great mind Lou Holtz has picked LaTech for some obscure family related reasons.  I don't.  LSU 34  LaTech 13

38-21 actual, not bad again.

MissState at Kentucky

The Cats beat Florida!  That never happens, almost.  Are they fer real?  Nope.  MSU is.  MSU 27  UK 14

7-28, nobody' perfect.

Florida at Tennessee

I'm tempted to pick Florida 6-4 in double OT.  The Vols have not won a conference game in, well, a while, and managed to lose one late to Florida last year of course, and they do it again, Hapless Gators beat Hapless Vols late 26-21.

47-21, way off on the score, much more offense than I expected from the Gators.  I didn't see the game.

Arkansas at Auburn

No upset at all here, Auburn 45-13.

34-3.  Not bad.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.