header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Iowa State / Lightening Opponent - ISU just got a new one.

(Read 5307 times)

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Nebraska / Iowa State / Lightening Opponents -- Do they get paid?
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 01:37:23 AM »
Anything goes as far as weather in that section of the country.  0 to 80 isn't a surprise for an early December kick.

Brutus Buckeye

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 08:07:10 AM »
Nebraska-W Virginia
1919, 20, 21, 28, 29, 31, 34, 35, 36, 37, 42, 44
WWH: 1952, 54, 55, 57, 58, 60, 61, 62, 63, 65, 67, 68, 70, 72, 74, 75
1979, 81, 82, 84, 87, 94, 98
2001, 02, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 09:47:20 AM »
I've been to almost all of the Husker's games in Ames since 86.  Wasn't at the 92 game. (shudder)  A couple of those Solich losses were rough.  Easier to get tickets in Ames....  sometimes sat on the grass knolls.  Great fans and great atmosphere there.

Was in Arrowhead for the Okie St. game.  Close call.

The Big 12 champ game in Arrowhead vs the Sooners was one of the coldest college games I've attended.  Standing in snow... feet were blocks of ice.

Obviously Clone fans love Kansas City.  The Big 8 and Big 12 basketball tournaments in Kansas City deemed "Hilton South" for decades.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 12:32:38 PM »
So you were at the blizzard game in 1988? You could barely see the players in the road whites from the upper deck

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 12:45:33 PM »
yup, Doc Tom wouldn't let Taylor throw in those conditions so he ran like the wind

Gdowski even got a few snaps

wasn't warm, but that Champ game in Arrowhead was much colder
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2018, 08:42:32 AM »
ISU scheduled Incarnate Word for December 1

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2018, 09:32:00 AM »
ISU scheduled Incarnate Word for December 1
So they are throwing in the towel on the XII CCG already? Or is there a clause that let's them play in it and not against IW?
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2018, 09:33:01 AM »
Iowa state is ducking Nebraska!!  I'm waiting for that story to be written. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2018, 09:36:56 AM »
So they are throwing in the towel on the XII CCG already? Or is there a clause that let's them play in it and not against IW?
This

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2018, 10:33:49 AM »
rumor that Iowa state wanted to play Drake College in Des Moines, but the Big 12 or NCAA would grant the waiver

looking for pastries

fezzador

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 01:19:30 PM »
rumor that Iowa state wanted to play Drake College in Des Moines, but the Big 12 or NCAA would grant the waiver

looking for pastries
Pretty sure it's Drake University now.  And why on God's green earth would ISU want to play in Des Moines?  Hilton Coliseum's capacity is about the same as Drake's stadium.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2018, 02:46:13 PM »
sorry, I should know it's a university

and yes, it would obviously be a home game in Ames.

my misconstrued attempt to let others outside the state know the whereabouts of Drake University in the FCS

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »
*** Frost also said his strong preference is to play a makeup game on Oct. 27 rather than Dec. 1.

"I don't want to schedule a game for December because I think we're going to have a chance to be in the (Big Ten) championship game," Frost said. "Scheduling a game in December, I don't want our kids thinking that we're not going to be in the championship game. We need to be in the championship game."

Many people have pointed out that Central Florida shares an open date with NU. Frost was at least open to the idea of playing his former team.

"We'll play whoever they get us to play," Frost said. "I know UCF doesn't have a true bye week (they play Thursday the following week). The hardest part for me is if anybody on either team got hurt or anything bad happened to any kid on either team, I'd be broken-hearted. I still love those kids that are playing down there at UCF so much. I'm rooting for them.

"It would be a great game. I think it would be an evenly matched game of two really good teams, but personally, I'd cringe a little when our defensive end hit their quarterback, and that's not how you want to go into a game."

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2018, 04:04:05 PM »
The 3rd best track meet in the United States each year is held in Des Moines (Drake Relays).  (1st is US Nationals, 2nd is Penn Relays)

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.