Topic: Weekly Showcase Game Thread

(Read 12562 times)

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Weekly Showcase Game Thread
« on: March 14, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »
I took the liberty to choose Bama @ FSU, but really being played in hotLanta- in the first regular season game in the Falcon's new stadium. 

I figure we can post polls here to decide what games will be the Weekly Showcase during the season. 

eh? 

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Weekly Showcase Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 11:17:00 AM »
Week 2 nominees.

Oklahoma at tOSU
UGA at ND
Auburn at Clemson

Honorable mention

TCU at Arkansas
Louisville at North Carolina
Nebraska at Oregon
Stanford at USC

Dishonorable mention

Pitt at PSU
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:12:55 PM by ALA2262 »

Drew4UTk

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:26:47 PM »
i looked at the UF/UM game- and I think it will be a good matchup, personally.  I've been wrong before, though... your assessment makes sense don't get me wrong- it's just that it's kickoff game, and strange things happen.... Ol' Hardy Har may have some surprises up his sleeves.  Same could be said for Florida, though.

The Bama FSU game has national implications.  It would be dang interesting to see Bama fall (drop two in a row? hard to believe it's possible, huh?), and just as interesting to see how far either of them fall in rankings no matter who wins. 

you guys have heard me for years beg for polls to be withheld for at least the first four weeks..... that's a pipe dream, though.  I'd love to see focus on the inter-conference rankings and then start valuating the conferences bases off of proxy games (which is about as accurate as the polls.... so... there's that...).   

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 09:59:05 AM »
If Bama-FSU is a close game, the loser will still be very much in the national conversation. I believe that is one reason Saban likes these things so much. Win and he is in the driver's seat. Lose and he is still in the car.

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
i looked at the UF/UM game- and I think it will be a good matchup, personally.  I've been wrong before, though... your assessment makes sense don't get me wrong- it's just that it's kickoff game, and strange things happen.... Ol' Hardy Har may have some surprises up his sleeves.  Same could be said for Florida, though.

The Bama FSU game has national implications.  It would be dang interesting to see Bama fall (drop two in a row? hard to believe it's possible, huh?), and just as interesting to see how far either of them fall in rankings no matter who wins. 

you guys have heard me for years beg for polls to be withheld for at least the first four weeks..... that's a pipe dream, though.  I'd love to see focus on the inter-conference rankings and then start valuating the conferences bases off of proxy games (which is about as accurate as the polls.... so... there's that...).

Look again. You picked the right game for Week One. My list was for your poll in Week Two.

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 01:56:56 PM »
New details, ticket prices and seating chart for 2017 Alabama-Florida State game revealed

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/08/new_details_ticket_prices_and.html

ALA2262

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.