College Football Fan Site Area 51 @CFB51; dead nuts accurate

One community smart about college football

Civil discussion, topics, and reading of both original and aggregated news.

Author Topic: It's been fun, guys  (Read 838 times)

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
Re: It's been fun, guys
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »
Let's be honest...

Okay.

you obviously choose to believe you're going to be worm bait for eternity.

You're projecting here.  I apply the same standards of evidence and logic that I do for all my beliefs.  I can't just shut my brain off when people are making baseless, preposterous supernatural claims.  

I've never been able to convince myself that 2 + 2 = 7.  Obviously, with consistent communal and familial indoctrination and a desire for immortality, some people can.  

Offline P1tchBlack

• Captain Obvious?
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2018, 04:36:49 PM »
Of course, Christians are offended that their beliefs could be mentioned in the same context with the ridiculous beliefs of Islam.  

72 virgins does seem a little ridiculous, but not impossible.  It's not like they're claiming that an old man built a cruise ship, with his bare hands, to transport every species of animal in existence.

Online roadvol

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2018, 05:39:45 PM »
In my more charitable moments I sometimes don't fault Fuzz and Blackie completely.
They obviously depend on the MSM and the liberal /progressive talking points for their news  where you NEVER hear anything positive about Christianity or religion.
They love to equate Christianity with extremist religions . They can't see the difference between a Christian and a terrorist that would strap a bomb on a kid's back and blow him up just to kill a few innocent civilians.
If all you ever hear is lies and falsehoods about religion you're bound to start believing it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:58:06 PM by roadvol »

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2018, 07:06:56 PM »

They can't see the difference between a Christian and a terrorist that would strap a bomb on a kid's back and blow him up just to kill a few innocent civilians.

These "terrorists" aren't evil, and their behavior is rational given their beliefs.  All they really are, like you, is wrong.  Wrong about god and how to get into paradise.  They don't seek to blow up "innocent civilians," they seek to martyr themselves blowing up infidels, apostates, etc.  This is how they believe they get into heaven, so you should be sympathetic as a brother-in-delusion.  Your means for getting into your false promise of heaven are thankfully different, but you're just as wrong.  If they didn't believe martyrdom lead to heaven, they wouldn't be eager to blow themselves up.  As always, religion is the true evil here.  

If all you ever hear is lies and falsehoods about religion you're bound to start believing it.

You just inadvertently explained your faith.  

Online roadvol

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2018, 12:31:07 AM »
You seem to be trying very hard to convince yourself.
If you keep repeating those talking points you might even succeed someday.

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2018, 10:06:41 AM »
'These "terrorists" aren't evil''

You need help
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Online gymvol

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2018, 10:17:22 AM »
These "terrorists" aren't evil, and their behavior is rational given their beliefs.

We always assumed you were a little bit wierd but now we know you're just friggin bat shit crazy and stupid with it.

So why don't you explain to us exactly what you think evil is if it isn't the killing of innocent people for any reason.

It doesn't matter what a person believes it is still an evil act.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2018, 03:29:15 PM »
These "terrorists" aren't evil, and their behavior is rational given their beliefs.

So why don't you explain to us exactly what you think evil is

You have to understand that they place no value on terrestrial existence.  Everything's about getting to heaven.

You think it's right to do what Jesus commands, right?  

You simply have the good fortune of having been brainwashed into a religious ideology that doesn't call for martyrs to kill infidels or apostates.  It's pure dumb luck and an accident of where and to whom you were born.  

if it isn't the killing of innocent people for any reason.

The act of murder is evil, but the perpetrators are not.  If you believe what they believe, then what they are doing makes perfect sense.  Again, take away the religious conviction, and replace it with a rational commitment to maximizing human flourishing, and they're not blowing themselves up anymore.  The delusion of paradise, and the "evil" acts their doctrine advocates, is gone.  

It doesn't matter what a person believes it is still an evil act.

I didn't say the act wasn't evil.  I said it was rational given their (false) beliefs.  

You'd have to be capable of empathy to understand my point, so it's likely over your head.  
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:31:42 PM by fuzzynavol »

Online roadvol

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2018, 05:05:38 PM »
"You simply have the good fortune of having been brainwashed into a religious ideology that doesn't call for martyrs to kill infidels or apostates.  It's pure dumb luck and an accident of where and to whom you were born."  

That's one of the more idiotic responses ( among many) that you've ever given.
How many Christians do you think there would be had Jesus demanded that his followers kill and torture innocent children and civilians?  
Do you really believe some of the garbage you post?

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2018, 05:12:40 PM »

The act of murder is evil, but the perpetrators are not.

Here is a list of where you can get some counseling in your area

Click here
President Harry S. Truman said: “The fundamental basis of this nation’s laws was given to Moses on the Mount.  The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings…  If we don't have the proper fundamental moral background, we will finally wind up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in rights for anybody except the state.”

Online roadvol

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2018, 05:34:48 PM »
I got the impression Fuzz was just grasping at straws on that last response .He has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth and then panics and gives a completely off the wall response like above.
If it weren't for the subject matter it would have actually been amusing for it's insanity.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2018, 05:49:51 PM »
"You simply have the good fortune of having been brainwashed into a religious ideology that doesn't call for martyrs to kill infidels or apostates.  It's pure dumb luck and an accident of where and to whom you were born."  

How many Christians do you think there would be had Jesus demanded that his followers kill and torture innocent children and civilians?  

There's no way to even guess, but there are 1.8 billion muslims in the world.  

And again, they're innocent to you, but you're still not seeing them through the eyes of a committed Islamic fundamentalist.  

You're lucky you were born where you were.  If you'd been born in Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan, your beliefs would be quite different (although you'd probably be equally devoid of empathy).

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2018, 05:53:52 PM »
I got the impression Fuzz was just grasping at straws on that last response .He has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth and then panics and gives a completely off the wall response like above.
If it weren't for the subject matter it would have actually been amusing for it's insanity.
Fuzz does tend to dig his hole deeper.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2018, 05:55:55 PM »
I got the impression Fuzz was just grasping at straws on that last response.

You are someone who has a hard time with new and different perspectives.  

He has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth and then panics and gives a completely off the wall response like above.

Nope, just logical, true and consistent.  

Instead of insulting, why not say what I said that you think is insane, and explain why?  

Online gymvol

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2018, 07:00:59 PM »
Fuzz doesn't have the good sense to realize when his in a hole to quit digging.

But that's the mentally retarded mind set of trying to justify asinine illogical statements.

Hell even Nancy Pelosi or Maxine Waters isn't that stupid, almost but not quiet. 

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2018, 07:14:30 PM »
Fuzz doesn't have the good sense to realize when his in a hole to quit digging.  But that's the mentally retarded mind set of trying to justify asinine illogical statements.

Gymmie, I'll issue you the same challenge I did to Roady.  Instead of insulting, why not say what I said that you disagree with, and explain why?

Online gymvol

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »
Fuzz I think it's fairly simple we disagree with your for one simple reason, TERRORISTS ARE EVIL it doesn't need any more explaining than that.

Also I don't think it's really insulting to say anyone who thinks terrorists aren't evil is bat shit crazy because anyone who would make that statement would either have to be mentally unstable or a terrorist.

So if you're not crazy then you must be a terrorist which is it?

You need to stop digging you can't get out of the hole now.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2018, 08:00:43 PM »
Fuzz I think it's fairly simple we disagree with your for one simple reason, TERRORISTS ARE EVIL it doesn't need any more explaining than that.

And I say, "no, they're not."  

But the difference is that I also provide an explanation as to why, and you didn't offer any counter-argument as to why you think I'm wrong.  You simply re-asserted your opinion as though it's a fact.  Contradicting your opponent without providing any logical justification isn't debating.  It's acting like a child.  

Again, the martyr/jihadist is simply wrong - there aren't tens of thousands of sociopaths (or "evil" people as you put it) exclusive to that single region of the world, or that religion.  You probably think they're simply wrong about how to get into paradise, whereas I think they're wrong about the very existence of paradise.  Either way, whatever "evil" being perpetrated by "terrorists" is a result of their religious doctrine, and not otherwise inherent in their character.  

I'd be interested as to whether you, Roady, or anybody else could offer a cogent counter-argument to that.  

Also I don't think it's really insulting to say anyone who thinks terrorists aren't evil is bat shit crazy because anyone who would make that statement would either have to be mentally unstable or a terrorist.  So if you're not crazy then you must be a terrorist which is it?

In this thread, it appears I'm the grown-up.  

Online roadvol

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2018, 08:45:58 AM »
"In this thread, it appears I'm the grown-up. " 

Does it give you pause to know you're  the only one on this board who thinks he's an adult while everyone else thinks you've lost your friggin mind?
Just curious
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:48:33 AM by roadvol »

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2018, 10:16:27 AM »

everyone else thinks you've lost your friggin mind?

Whenever all my opponents can muster are insults, then that gives me comfort.  

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2018, 10:36:37 AM »
Fuzz doesn't have the good sense to realize when his in a hole to quit digging.

But that's the mentally retarded mind set of trying to justify asinine illogical statements.

Hell even Nancy Pelosi or Maxine Waters isn't that stupid, almost but not quiet.
He is digging his hole in a bulls stall.

Online roadvol

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2018, 10:36:53 AM »
What do you expect when you equate Christianity with terrorist. You know very well you're either baiting people to insult you or you're extremely uninformed.
Most are dumbfounded that you're unable to differentiate between an extremist  terrorist group using a bastardized version of Islam and Christianity.
You lost all credibility with that observation.
However......If  my church ever  suggest I kill children and innocent bystanders in the name of Christianity I'll get back to you.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2018, 11:29:01 AM »
What do you expect when you equate Christianity with terrorist.

I equated Christianity (a religious ideology) with Islam (a religious ideology).  Christianity can motivate good behavior and bad behavior.  Islam can motivate good behavior and behavior (including martyring, jihad, "terrorism").  

You know very well you're either baiting people to insult you or you're extremely uninformed.

I know I'm getting people to realize that the "evil" of Islam is in the religious ideology, not in the people.  

You're just too politically correct to criticize religion.  ANY religion.  

you're unable to differentiate between an extremist terrorist group using a bastardized version of Islam

You sound like Obama (he's wrong, too).  What is any muslim in ISIS (or anywhere else) doing that is not in-keeping with the doctrines of Islam? 

and Christianity.

I have differentiated.  I said I was thankful that the Christian ideology doesn't call for martyrs or jihad.  

You lost all credibility with that observation.

True credibility can only be had through cogent debate.  You're offering little.  All you're doing is misrepresenting and dodging my position.  

Online DunkingDan

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »

Online roadvol

• Player
  • Liked:
Thank You For Pointing this Out
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2018, 03:53:47 PM »
"True credibility can only be had through cogent debate.".....Fuzz

You might want to look up the definition of "cogent"

Cogent: 
Convincing or believable by virtue of forcible,clear or incisive presentation.

Now if you can tell us anyone you convinced or that considered you believable by your clear incisive presentation you might earn some credibility.....until then you've completely lost this board

You're not convincing just because you believe you're convincing similar to believing you're not evil just because you think you're doing it in the name of a distorted interpretation  of Islam.

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2018, 04:35:39 PM »

Now if you can tell us anyone you convinced or that considered you believable by your clear incisive presentation you might earn some credibility...

I don't know I've convinced, but what I do know is that no one has attempted a good-faith opposition to my point.  

similar to believing you're not evil just because you think you're doing it in the name of a distorted interpretation of Islam.  

I'll repeat my challenge to you.  Name something that anyone in ISIS (or Afghanistan - you pick a muslim-majority country) is doing that is not in-keeping with Islamic doctrine.  

For you to be correct here, there would have to be, at minimum, tens of thousands of outright sociopaths blanketing the Middle East.  There's no good reason to believe that.  

It's not a "distorted interpretation" of Islam (as people like you and Obama wrongly claim), it's a literal interpretation.  

It's weird to see a Trump-supporter standing up for political correctness, but religion causes people to do many strange things.  

Online roadvol

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2018, 08:31:22 PM »
Perhaps someone would present a,good faith argument if you ever presented a,cogent argument.
I have to assume you're the only one that thinks your arguments are rational and coherent. 

Offline P1tchBlack

• Captain Obvious?
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »
Perhaps someone would present a,good faith argument if you ever presented a,cogent argument.
I have to assume you're the only one that thinks your arguments are rational and coherent.
Do you agree that as obvious as it is to you that murder in the name of God is wrong, it's equally obvious to islamist that murder in the name of God is okay?

Online fuzzynavol

• seeker of passage
  • Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2018, 10:12:24 PM »

If you understood the concept of debate, then you'd feel compelled to present something that I've said that is irrational and/or incoherent, and explain why you think it is so.  

You seem to think you are exempt from having to substantiate anything you say.  You can't argue with me on a logical basis, so you think you can save face hurling insults.  

Online VolRage

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2018, 10:40:13 PM »
Fuzz if you believe that the religion of Islam is evil yet the martyr isn’t, that explains why you constantly defend people like Michael Brown and other thuggish acts by the bottom feeders in society. It’s a simple case your victim ideology that’s built into every indoctrinated liberal. You can’t ever view the person as evil because they are victims. In your mind, Muslims are victims of their evil Islam faith. 

Support the Site:
Please Search Amazon from here! No cost to you yet covers some of our expenses!