header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: longhorns... bball game tonight...

(Read 8771 times)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: longhorns... bball game tonight...
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »
Money is always the issue.

Money is the only issue.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 10:01:23 AM »
baseball and football are to be played outdoors

regardless of $$$
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 11:03:34 AM »
Crazy talk.

I'd grill and mow under a dome if I could and I imagine Junior would go boating under a dome if he could.  

Weather's nice and all, but mitigating extreme colds and hots and humidity is even more better.

If I could spend the rest of my life in a 65 to 85 degree climate, I'd be fine.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 11:08:01 AM »
And these dern fool MLB cities that don't have domes adversely affected my fantasy team.

If you're going to have a MLB team in your city, you need to have a better handle on the weather.  If these crazy teams won't dome they should move the teams to cities with better weather.   Or at least move the games.

When Htown flooded, the Stros had to play the Rangers in Tampa.  Who are the White Sox to simply postpone a game until later in the month?  Make them play the game in Corpus Christi.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 12:39:44 PM »

I'd grill and mow under a dome if I could and I imagine Junior would go boating under a dome if he could.  

you fellers are getting old
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 03:48:11 PM »
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 05:26:39 PM »
house come that doesn't work for me?

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 09:14:20 AM »
Overall this seems to be a good team.   Pitching has been this teams weakness since the beginning of the year.   It can be shaky at times and it seems as if the team gets in these 3-0 / 4-0 holes and is having to comeback.   Hitting has improved year over year.    Taking two of three from OU last weekend on the road was exactly what we needed.    Two of our last three conference series will be on the road as well.

http://www.big12sports.com/

***   here is for the tide fan that started this post to begin with - Tide Baseball 2018 -conference play has not been kind to them

https://rolltide.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:07:03 AM by TexasFan »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 01:47:20 PM »
Sup, TF?

I like the Horns chances against WVU & TCU.  

How many they can steal in Lubbock could have conference championship implications.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2018, 01:50:11 PM »
So... my 3 youngest ninos & I are venturing into the ATX this afternoon to see the Horns vs Horns spring game under the lights extravaganza.

If nothing else, we should see a lot of college girls and we all enjoy that.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 09:50:51 AM »
Amen Brother Charley

I was in Lincoln Friday and Saturday for the same reason

Huskers v Huskers and college girls!

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 10:03:26 AM »
I have a daughter at Tech.  :smiley_confused1:  Tech has it going on in baseball.   They have been to the CWS two of the last four years.   This year Tech is 20-1 at home and they will win this weekends series against OU.  OU is getting ready to go from first to fourth in a weeks period of time.     If we take care of business and win as we have been doing since the first of April, we will host a regional.   

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2018, 10:34:54 AM »
College girls are like campfires. They’re mesmerizing to watch, pleasant to be around and smell good.  They can even leave their lingering scent on you. But you always have to keep in mind that if you poke em with something it’s liable to get burned.
I like the way so many wear short dresses or skirts to games nowadays.  Most of the Texas games I went to were in the 60s, 70s and 80s.  Chicas worr jeans back then.
Then I got married, had a bunch of kids and was so poor I didn’t even have two nickels to rub together.  Now 25 years later, it’s different.
Sam ehlinger continues to unimpress me.  I’m beginning to suspect he’s not very smart.
It’s a shame Herman isn’t willing to play the better card he was dealt.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 12:38:37 PM »
Agree on coeds.

Our football team is DOOMED.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.