header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: longhorns... bball game tonight...

(Read 8795 times)

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
longhorns... bball game tonight...
« on: December 22, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »
good luck. hows your team looking and who should i keep an eye out for? also, if anyway is making it to game, let me know.

for bama, if you haven't seen already, keep your eyes on the frosh. sexton is getting most of the love and rightly so. quick as lightning and can get to rim any time he wants vs anyone. so smooth with the ball.

2 other frosh are playing well too though. petty and jones. petty is a lefty spot up shooter and can light it up. hit 10 treys in a game earlier this year. jones is the steal of the frosh class, he grew 3-4 inches over the summer and is pretty good lock down defender. takes charges like i've never seen, which is a weird thing to praise.

as for upper classmen, big man hall and giddens are pretty good combo. gidden is a little better offensively, but is a foul machine. hall has really improved offensively, but not spectacular, but he is a boss around the rim on d swatting shots left and right. key has been hurt all season, just came back last game, but looked lost. he was best player on team last year though so if/when he gets it back he'll be a good addition. but not likely this game from what i've seen.

the rest are ingram (can score some and provide good minutes coming off bench), aj jr (can get hot, likes to take his shots, but mostly a rest man for sexton) and norris (good d, hustle guy, is hot/cold from 3 land but can fill it up if hot).

overall, we're a good team with some great individual players. still working on rotation issues with guys coming back from injury (had 3 to start year and last one (key) is just now back on court). we like to run and get pace going up and down court. fun team to watch, which, aside from winning more, is a breathe of fresh air from what we've had last 5-8 years.

good luck gents.

cheers

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: longhorns... bball game tonight...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:30:59 PM »
pretty good hoops contest vs Baylor

2 overtimes
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 05:59:17 PM »
The Horns tee it up tomorrow night for a 4 game series against Stanford

Stanford is ranked 16th in nation so this should be a good indicator of just how good this Horns team is

PS: Yes 95 all four games will be on the LHN
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:00:57 PM by longhorn320 »
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 04:52:34 PM »
The Horn swept Baylor last weekend and are currently in 2nd place behind the sooners

Im still not sure just how good this Horns team is

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 08:58:04 AM »
Next 4 games will tell us something but certainly not much.  They could lose them all and still have a good season or win them all and still have a bad season.
But I’d love to see Texas win most of them if not all.  It’d make next week a tad more relaxing and less worrisome.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 07:25:04 PM »
Would love to beat the Ags tonight and take 2/3 from the Sooners.  

I'm not greedy... :)

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 01:26:58 PM »
greedy would be sweeping the Sooners
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »
Manhattan, Kan. – Nebraska (15-16) smashed three home runs in a wild 11-9 win over Kansas State at Tointon Family Stadium on Tuesday night.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 10:29:30 AM »
greedy would be sweeping the Sooners
Horns take first 2
First place feels good
Still have to play Tech so cant strut too much
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:50:15 PM by longhorn320 »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 10:55:29 AM »
Horns are in good shape at the moment.  
And the Kstate series is even more inexplicabler.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »
watching Horns/Sooners

cause Huskers/Hawkeyes cancelled due to snow on the field

doesn't look real warm in Norman

Halos/Royal postponed

baseball weather

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 05:42:37 PM »
75 and sunny here in the CP.  We swam in our pool, water was chilly but after running 6 miles jumping in felt pretty great.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 07:22:41 PM »
watching Horns/Sooners

cause Huskers/Hawkeyes cancelled due to snow on the field

doesn't look real warm in Norman

Halos/Royal postponed

baseball weather
too bad you farmers dont have enough money for a covered stadium

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 08:43:42 PM »
money isn't the issue

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.