header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Senseless Recruiting Jibberish

(Read 42804 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Senseless Recruiting Jibberish
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2018, 05:36:35 PM »
DE Michael Fletcher and WR Tre Mosley both announcing on Friday.  With Dobbs (MSU) and Smith (UM) coming off the board in the past week, Fletcher and Mosley are probably the #1 and #4 uncommitted players on the board in the state.

Mosley himself claims to have grown up a huge UM fan, and while he has an offer, it seems pretty clearly uncommitable.  So did that change, or is he tired of them slow playing him?  He took officials in recent weeks to Missouri and Minnesota, but it seems like anything but UM or MSU would be a shock, and unless something has changed with that UM offer, it likely leaves only MSU.  The question is whether that sticks if UM comes around on him.

Fletcher is a guy who seems primed to shoot up the rankings, with offers coming in from Alabama and Georgia.  Georgia has been on him a while, and he visited down there, but like Mosley it seems like UM and MSU are his leaders.  The difference is there his UM offer is certainly commitable, and while going out of state would be a slight surprise, it certainly wouldn't be the shock that Mosley is.

Beyond those, LB Lance Dixon and RB Jaren Manham are the only big-ish targets left in the state.  Dixon seems destined for PSU.  Mangham is anyone's guess.  Seemed like an MSU commit was only a matter of time, but he lived in Texas as a small child (I think his mom played basketball or track or something at Texas A&M), and while Alabama, FSU and Florida offers didn't seem to move the needle for him, he seems quite enamored with the Texas schools.  My guess is MSU is still probably the leader, but barely, but the biggest threats would be Texas or Texas A&M.
Dixon to PSU, as expected

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »
No surprise there at all, on Dixon.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2018, 10:12:01 AM »
Bama and Tennessee have now offered 3* MSU RB commit Jordan Huff from GA, and Georgia sounds likely to follow.

My guess he is neither an MSU commit or 3* for much longer
And now he ain't.  Likely SEC or Louisville bound

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2018, 10:15:02 AM »
The kid visited Louisville last month, correct?

That's a fallback "school" for a lot of kids.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »
MSU needs some DBs.  Fortunately they took Gervin's commitment last year even though he was the 3rd CB, when they had planned on only taking 2, because with Hunt (who was recruited to MSU as a safety, not a RB), this class as of now has one corner and no safeties.

I can't blame a kid for wanting to stay closer to home, and I also wonder if Louisville and Georgia Tech are recruiting him as a RB.

Also, he had a 1300 SAT, so it isn't an academic thing
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 10:49:50 AM by ELA »

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2018, 10:56:31 AM »
If he's that smart he shouldn't bother with Louisville.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: July 16, 2018, 11:29:43 AM »
3* DE Darius Robinson, who was presumed to be a heavy MSU lean, had his friend post a video showing him dunking, and introcuing him as an MSU commit?

That moment when your buddy blows your silent verbal, and ruins your moment.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: July 16, 2018, 11:43:36 AM »
^^^

That is the jibberish part of the thread.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2018, 09:56:38 AM »
Nebraska added to its commitment list on Thursday morning when the Huskers landed the verbal from defensive tackle Tony Fair, a junior college defender from Pima Community College in Arizona, who announced his decision on Twitter.

Fair became the 12th commitment of Nebraska’s class, the second defensive lineman and the first outright nose tackle. He’s also the second junior college commitment, joining Desmond Bland, an offensive lineman from Arizona Western.

Nebraska won the commitment over Indiana, substantial because the Hoosiers play in Fair’s home state, as he's from South Bend, Ind., and actually spent some time at Indiana State before resurfacing with Pima Community College.

The defensive tackle is a NJCAA All-American coming off a strong season where he compiled an impressive 98 tackles from the middle of the defensive line, as a 6-foot-3, 330-pound nose tackle.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2018, 10:36:30 PM »
not finding the Husker off-season thread so putting this here................

HuskerOnline.com confirmed that Central Florida starting safety Tre Neal will follow his former head coach Scott Frost to NU as a graduate transfer.

A source with knowledge of the situation has confirmed to HuskerOnline Neal has been granted his release from UCF, and Nebraska is not restricted as one of his options. Neal also later confirmed to HOL his transfer to Nebraska is a “done deal.”

“(Frost) built something special at UCF, and I was lucky enough to be apart of that,” Neal told HuskerOnline.com. “I love UCF, it is in good hands right now and is a top program in the country and needs to be treated as such. But I chose Frost because he instilled a confidence in the game I thought I lost. And I want to help him rebuild what he loves back in Lincoln.”

Neal is set to graduate from UCF at the end of this month, and from there he will be admitted into graduate school at NU and be immediately eligible for the 2018 season.

The Atlanta native was fourth on UCF's team last year with 68 total tackles, 41 of which were solo stops. Neal also added three interceptions and was UCF's second-leading tackler returning for the 2018 season

The 6-foot-1, 215 pound Neal started all 13 games for the Knights in 2017 and saw action in 38 games the last three seasons, making 18 career starts.

During the 2017 season, Neal intercepted a pass in double-overtime against Memphis, that sealed the AAC title for UCF, and clinched a birth in the Peach Bowl.

In UCF's Peach Bowl win over Auburn, Neal recovered a fumble and returned it 36 yards to go along with seven tackles and one pass break-up.

Neal becomes the second UCF players to follow Frost to Lincoln. Former Wahoo (Neb.) Bishop Neumann quarterback Noah Vedral also followed Frost Nebraska as a walk-on but was put on scholarship in May after being granted his release by Central Florida.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2018, 11:15:10 PM »
The Nebraska Cornhuskers received a big recruiting win on Saturday night when Omaha Burke linebacker Nick Henrich announced his commitment, and his intention of staying in-state.

Announcing via social media, Henrich had this to say about his decision:

"Playing college football has been a dream of mine ever since I could remember," he wrote. "Thanks to all the schools who gave me the opportunity to chase that dream. I am very excited to say I am a 1,000 percent committed to the University of Nebraska." 

Henrich is a Top247 linebacker, who chose the Huskers over Iowa, Notre Dame and Wisconsin. He most recently visited Nebraska in June, following an official visit to Madison to see the Badgers.

Nebraska assistant Barrett Ruud was Henrich's primary recruiter. The former in-state linebacker, and then Nebraska star and NFL linebacker, is in his first season as a full-time assistant coach.

The Huskers were far from the favorites to land Henrich, and it wasn't until Nebraska head coach Scott Frost stopped in at Omaha Burke that the linebacker truly began to consider the school down the road a real option. At that point Ruud and Frost began to tag-team the recruitment, working hard on Henrich, and making sure the linebacker was constantly surrounded by the staff whenever he visited Lincoln. 

Henrich was often thought of as Iowa's to lose because of family connections at the school, being the son of a former Iowa tennis player. There were also crystal ball projections for Minnesota, Notre Dame and Wisconsin throughout the process. Henrich took a visit to Minnesota earlier in the cycle and a visit to Notre Dame during the spring. At which point the Irish were thought to be the leaders.

The commitment is Nebraska's first inside the Top247, and the third four-star of the class, as Henrich joins Luke McCaffrey and Desmond Bland with that distinction. He's Nebraska's fourth in-state commitment in the 2019 class, joining Garrett Nelson, Ethan Piper and Garrett Snodgrass.

Henrich is ranked the No. 9 inside linebacker, and the No. 219 player in the country, as well as the No. 1 player in Nebraska by 247Sports Composite. 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2018, 10:55:02 AM »
Defensive end Mosai Newsom from Iowa announces his commitment to the Huskers. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2018, 10:57:21 AM »
UW really wanted Henrich. They knew it would be a tough pull out of Nebraska, but they were in it until the end. He's going to be a good one, I believe.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »
Defensive end Mosai Newsom from Iowa announces his commitment to the Huskers.
from what I read, he had offers from Iowa, MSU, NW and Minn..

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.