header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: OT: Obituaries Thread

(Read 92251 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: OT: Obituaries Thread
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2018, 02:39:18 PM »
Harry Anderson.   Not really sure if Night Court has aged well or not, haven't really seen it in awhile.
It's odd, it ran for quite a while, but you never see it in syndication.

grillrat

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2018, 03:15:32 PM »
While there are certainly plenty of episodes of Night Court that are still just as funny today, there is a lot that has not aged well.  The character Dan Fielding would have been fired twenty times over for sexual harassment, racial stereotypes run abound, and most of the quirky court cases that had to be dealt with that were supposed to be so outlandish as to be unbelievable, just don't seem as far fetched anymore considering the world we live in today.

With that said, I loved Harry Anderson, including his stand up routines and some of his magic acts.  It's kinda a shame that he really disappeared from the limelight about 20 years ago and hasn't done much since.  He was fantastically funny and generally appeared to be very good natured.

RIP Harry.  I'll throw on some Mel Torme tonight in your honor.

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2018, 04:04:17 PM »
Night Court was a great show,Dan Larroquette was funny in his role.While looking up harry Anderson I saw that the guy who started Burger king passed away.

David R. Edgerton, who helped start what became the world’s second-largest hamburger chain, Burger King, but then agreed to sell the company for what proved to be a bargain price just as the industry was about to take off, died on April 3 in Miami. He was 90.

Still get the taste for them occasionally 
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2018, 04:18:53 PM »
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2018, 09:30:09 PM »
The Silver Fox has passed. One of the greatest First Ladies this country has known.

RIP Barbara.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2018, 11:33:09 PM »
I have a picture of her, and HW, with my family when I'm about 14 yrs old, in my office.  My Dad spent a lot of time w her while he was a USSS agent.   Wonderful woman.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2018, 06:32:19 AM »
I never knew you're pappy was a USSS agent. That's pretty cool stuff.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

medinabuckeye1

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2018, 10:11:01 AM »
It's odd, it ran for quite a while, but you never see it in syndication.
I'm a cord-cutter and it is on over-the-air on the HD side-channels.  I don't watch it often, but I do watch it once in a while.  

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2018, 11:18:58 AM »
One of the legends of pre-Wrestlemania pro wrestling, Bruno Sammartino, passes away at 82.  I believe he still holds the record for longest (now WWE) title reign at nearly 8 years from 1963-1971.

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2018, 11:43:34 AM »
Wow, I would've bet he was already dead.  82.  wow.

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2018, 12:23:35 PM »
Wow, I would've bet he was already dead.  82.  wow.

He was fairly active here in Pittsburgh, and would pop up in a story every now and then, which was the only reason I knew he wasn't.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2018, 11:01:46 AM »
One of the legends of pre-Wrestlemania pro wrestling, Bruno Sammartino, passes away at 82.  I believe he still holds the record for longest (now WWE) title reign at nearly 8 years from 1963-1971.
In Honor of Bruno's Passing
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2018, 07:51:40 AM »
RIP Earle Bruce

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2018, 09:06:37 AM »
RIP Earle Bruce
A little before my time (I was 8 when he was fired from OSU), but man did he set up OSU for my time, having hired both Tress and Urbs to his coaching staff.  Urban has always been a very vocal Earl Bruce guy.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.