header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: #4 Michigan (8-1, 10-2) at #10 Ohio State (8-1, 11-1) Post Game

(Read 12993 times)

MarqHusker

• Team Captain
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Michigan (8-0, 10-1) at Ohio State (7-1, 10-1) Game Week
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2018, 07:10:24 PM »
The favorite has won Straight Up every year since 2004 in this series. 

Honestbuckeye

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2018, 07:17:57 PM »
not sure I like Higdon opening his mouth like that. He's really not that type of guy, so it kinda took me by surprise.

Jim guaranteed a W against Ohio State back in the day when he was a player and then went out there and backed it up. Maybe he's taking a page out of coaches old playbook.
Not a big deal really - it’s not like he is walking around screaming it. The reporter kind of set him up for it so to me it almost like being asked if you have confidence in your team. Besides, Higdon is a pretty humble kid and he plays hard every down.
As for Harbaugh, he was fortunate to win that year, but he did.  Not his best day— threw 2 picks and OSU missed the game winning FG as time expired.  
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
-Mark Twain

Mdot21

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »
Colin Cowherd is claiming multiple sources close to Urban have told him that Urban Meyer is calling it quits after this season. Not sure what to think about that. Cowherd is a blowhard but he definitely has legit sources/info from time to time.

Honestbuckeye

• Team Captain
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2018, 07:28:21 PM »
Colin Cowherd is claiming multiple sources close to Urban have told him that Urban Meyer is calling it quits after this season. Not sure what to think about that. Cowherd is a blowhard but he definitely has legit sources/info from time to time.
I don’t know. But if just hearsay or a rumor, it sure does a number on recruiting.  
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
-Mark Twain

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2018, 07:39:02 PM »
Listening to Tony Gerdman podcast from The OZone.He mentioned Terry McClauren was injured Hopefully just a ding.We can't be down Austin Mack and him.He's smooth and consistent.Also dickwad Schiano can't wait until halftime to make adjustments on plays we were repeatedly getting gashed.I hope the defense mixes in Browning,Jones and Booker.Because Borland and Werner will get played on the TE passes.Urban can't stand pat he needs to find that creativity.Shove Schiano to the side and let Grinch  change things up
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2018, 08:25:07 AM »
Urban's contract runs through Jan. 2023.  I have a hard time seeing him walk away from that or another school buying it out.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:31:37 AM by Temp430 »
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2018, 08:28:18 AM »
not sure I like Higdon opening his mouth like that. He's really not that type of guy, so it kinda took me by surprise.

Jim guaranteed a W against Ohio State back in the day when he was a player and then went out there and backed it up. Maybe he's taking a page out of coaches old playbook.
Higdon is in good company.  Tom Brady is predicting a win too.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2018/11/19/tom-brady-predicts-michigan-football-win-over-ohio-state-our-year/2061891002/

So maybe this is the year the boil on the rear of Michigan's football program is lanced.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:32:22 AM by Temp430 »

All in since 1969

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »
Urban's contract runs through Jan. 2023.  I have a hard time seeing him walk away from that or another school buying it out.
He's made 5-6-7 mil. per for how long?If he's losing it or his health why not walk,he's set for life,his grandkids are set for life.I think he walks after next season.Other wise it'll appear his detractors got the best of him.I'd like to see him step down as IMO he stays with things Coaches/schemes/players far too long,that aren't working or performing.The Zest and Zeal appear to have eroded - hope I'm wrong
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:26:41 AM by MrNubbz »

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2018, 09:25:32 AM »
So maybe this is the year the boil on the rear of Michigan's football program is lanced.
I see an infection looming

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2018, 09:43:01 AM »
Did he not walk away from a lucrative contract at Florida?

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2018, 10:08:08 AM »
Rain through early afternoon is forecast for Columbus on Saturday.

All in since 1969

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2018, 10:34:53 AM »
I have a hard time seeing OSU winning.  I thought early in the season it would be a good matchup, but OSU has gone from bad to average running the ball, something I think you have to do to beat Michigan.  They are ill-equipped to attack the middle of Michigan's defense, which has looked the most pliable through the season.  They are not great pass blocking, and they have shied away from throwing the ball downfield as the season has progressed.  I'm of the opinion that you need to throw the ball down field if you want to beat Michigan.

Defensively, OSU is a mess.  It could lead to an interesting game there, just because Michigan likes to grind things out and they don't get a ton of explosive plays.  OSU is great at stuffing plays and terrible at giving up explosive plays.  I'm genuinely curious as to how that takes shape Saturday.  I'm guessing poor for OSU, just because Harbaugh does a good job getting defenders moved out of position, and OSU loves being out of position on defense.

Roaddawg

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2018, 11:46:23 AM »
This game is will be a good indicator as to Cowherd's claims.  If they come out flat and get spanked-Urban is done and has already checked out.  The contract won't matter, the money won't matter, he just does not seem to be dialed in, I know the shots we see on TV show his "fire", but I don't think he has it in him to continue.  The suspension was a huge shot to his ego.  The medical issues he leaked were a set up to his departure.  Buckeye Football will be ok, as long as they stay focused on football and not fall into the off the field bullshit-I will leave it at that. 

As to The Game-*ichigan will take this game without much trouble.  Jimmy Football has been licking his chops all season watching this Buckeye team.  He has a solid squad, and things are in place for his time to strike.  If they chance is there, he will run the score up as high as he can and not think twice about doing so!  Ohio State is not fundamentally sound and there is seems to be a lack of TEAM.  Forget Bosa being gone, that was almost ten weeks ago.  If the defensive coaches relied on ONE guy that bad to make the defense great, then those coaches need to go-which I think several will depart.  Not a bad thing this year, because Urban has seemed to fill the ranks with his buddies instead of the best coaching available.  Another sign that he was riding it out to an departure at the end of the season.

medinabuckeye1

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2018, 11:54:22 AM »
The favorite has won Straight Up every year since 2004 in this series.
It is amazing that we have gone that long in this rivalry without an upset.  

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.