header pic

The SEC Forum at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: alabama announces 10 year/$600 mil facility upgrades for coleman/bryant-denny

(Read 3761 times)

rolltidefan

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
alabama announced a 10 year, $600 million project to upgrade coleman and bryant-denny, among other smaller projects. Link to video mockup

actually reduces capacity for both, coleman down to around 9-10k (at around 14k now), and bryant-denny down to just under 100k (at 102k now).

imo, i thought fixing coleman is like putting makeup on a pig, but tbh that makeup is working for me mostly. not perfect, but answers the biggest problems we had with it.

bryant-denny is cosmetic stuff mostly, except the huge new video screen, which is cool, but whatever. the best addition though, imo, is the new field level club seating. that could be awesome if they do it right.

Cincydawg

• Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Oracle of Piedmont Park
  • Liked:
I imagine they will do it right.  UGA just spent $62 million on the west end zone facilities while adding no seats.  The money went into "catchup" for dressing rooms and stuff under the seating area and a new video board, which appears to be a thing right now.

I can recall when 24" TVs out in the concourse was a "thing" and you could sort of watch the game while standing in line for over priced hot dogs.

I gather the money mostly is intended to impress recruits AND Big Donors.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.