header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas Baseball

(Read 12430 times)

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Texas Baseball
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:11:21 AM by TexasFan »

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2018, 08:43:34 AM »
That was fun

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2018, 09:24:58 AM »
Yesterday was the most embarrassing Texas baseball game that I have ever seen at the CWS.     I am shocked at how ill prepared we looked and how timid we played.      Its one thing to go to Omaha, its another to stink up the place. 

https://www.ncaa.com/game/baseball/d1/2018/06/17/texas-arkansas

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »
Its one thing to go to Omaha, its another to stink up the place.

I wouldn't be too upset.  We home field advantaged our way into the CWS.  Texas is a pleasantly improving team.  I've enjoyed watching our turnaround.  But it's still a work in process, and we were never CWS material this year.  Next year perhaps.

First and foremost, we have zero consistency at the plate.  That's not the hallmark of a CWS team.  Outside of Kody, you never know what you're going to get.  And Kody is allowed a bad day every now and then, but with these other 8 guys, we have no chance when he does.

I like the look of Zubia.  He looks the part.  Problem is, he's not getting it done for a fella that does nothing but bat for the Texas Longhorns.  I anticipate seeing another hoss in the 4-hole next year.  A more reliable one.

Pitching is still not A-1.  I give us a B+.  That's not CWS material.  Too much unpredictability.

This is a fine group of players.  This is not a CWS team.  This is a team knocking on the door.  I have complete faith in Pierce to keep working the issue.  He's doing a good job.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2018, 01:35:40 PM »
Yeah what he said. We couldn’t buy an out in that one bad inning from hell. Oh well.  That happens. Project still ahead of schedule.

TexasFan

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »
Beat Florida !  :)

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2018, 03:14:50 PM »
Yup, as much as that game sucked, especially against the hated pigs, it's still a lot more than I (or most everyone else) expected from this team back in February.  I like the direction we're headed.  This team is easy to root for, even when they're having a bad day.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2018, 08:45:35 PM »
corngrats on a dern fine season and ANOTHER trip to Omaha for the Horns
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

EastAthens

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2018, 09:13:49 PM »
does anybody remember the 69 Mets

probably not
I was 10 and a full-blown Henry Aaron worshiper. The Bravos played the Miracle Mets in the 1st ever Divisional Playoff. This was when I heard Tom Terrific say he did not sleep a wink the night before he pitched the 1st game because every time he closed his eyes, he saw Bad Henry knocking another ball over the wall. I never knew that was what pitchers called Aaron. The Mets swept in three.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2018, 05:21:34 PM »
Sorry, EastAthens.

I just had to knock your handle off the front page.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2018, 08:18:24 AM »
Well, I suppose you could have said something about Texas beisbol.  Or beisbol in general.  Or Texas in general.

EastAthens

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2018, 02:42:58 AM »
Well, +1 for that Big 12 maturity and tolerance. I expected no less from Longhorn Nation which had no stake, as far as I know, in the 1969 NLCS.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:46:25 AM by EastAthens »

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2018, 10:08:37 PM »
I was in Bob’s barbersop, in the chair, getting my ears lowered when Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth’s career record for homeruns.  Bob and Curtis both stopped clipping to stand watching along with the other 10 or 12 guys in the room.  I was about 12.  My dad close to 50.  Bob at least 60.  Curtis maybe 35.  Everybody else probably between 40 and 70.  Weird to think I might be the only person still living who was in that barber shop to see that.  There were probably pithy comments but I can’t remember any.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:10:27 PM by CharleyHorse46 »

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »
I remember that moment, don't remember exactly where I was.  Probably my parent's living room

I'm old
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.