header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Wisconsin 2018 Season Thread

(Read 21914 times)

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: Wisconsin 2018 Offseason Thread
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2018, 05:17:18 PM »
So, let's see... 2020: A game against Notre Dame in Lambeau and now a game against NU in Wiggly Field.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-northwestern-wisconsin-wrigley-field-20180530-story.html
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2018, 08:43:59 PM »
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Hawkinole

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2018, 02:20:48 AM »
So, let's see... 2020: A game against Notre Dame in Lambeau and now a game against NU in Wiggly Field.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-northwestern-wisconsin-wrigley-field-20180530-story.html

I am not a big fan of games during the regular season outside the college's own stadium, especially when it happens to be a baseball stadium, and the field dimensions are such that the you can only drive the football one direction because part of the end zone consists of a brick wall.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2018, 03:21:11 PM »
I've mentioned this before, on this board. I like it.

The Wisconsin Hangover is real, and it’s spectacular

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/wisconsin-football-hangover-effect-2018-nebraska-big-ten

U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2018, 03:42:45 PM »
the same used to be said about the original Big Red back in the day

it's undeniable.
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2018, 05:11:06 PM »
And so it starts... son of a BITCH!!

Jeff Potrykus

@jaypo1961

Just chatted with #Badgers coach Paul Chryst at UW golf outing in River Falls about injury to DE Garrett Rand (Achilles) and surgery for DE Isaiahh Loudermilk. Both will be out indefinitely...

3:31 PM - Jun 12, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privac

Jeff Potrykus

@jaypo1961

#Badgers DE Isaiahh Loudermilk had surgery to clean up previous issues. He missed three games last season. DE Garrett Rand was hurt during workouts. Loudermilk has a better chance to return in '18 than Rand.

3:32 PM - Jun 12, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Jeff Potrykus

@jaypo1961

According to #Badgers coach Paul Chryst, still waiting on official word on Garrett Rand for 2018. But reading between lines, it doesn't sound good at all. UW will be young, untested up front in '18. Big injuries.

3:33 PM - Jun 12, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2018, 05:16:17 PM »
better ramp up the Trench Training for those young fellas
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2018, 10:18:40 PM »
Mertz tweeted he's shut down his recruitment. That seems nice. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2018, 09:53:15 AM »
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2018, 03:10:31 PM »
https://247sports.com/college/wisconsin/Article/Wisconsin-Badgers-wide-receiver-Quintez-Cephus-sits-atop-Big-Ten-according-to-PFF-119264946/

Wisconsin's Quintez Cephus leads all returning wide receivers in the Big Ten in passer rating when targeted with a grade of 147.2 in 2017 with Pro Football Focus.

To qualify for the passing rating when targeted, the 33 returning wide receivers in the Big Ten who had 28-plus targets were given a grade. Cephus was targeted 39 times in 2017 and caught 30 passes. The 39 targets ties for 25th among the returning Big Ten wide receivers while the 30 receptions is tied for 18th.

Cephus' receptions went for 501 yards and six touchdowns. The yardage is 13th in the Big Ten while the touchdowns is tied for sixth.

Last fall, Cephus was named honorable mention All-Big Ten (consensus). He also excels in the classroom. He was named CoSIDA Academic All-District and Academic All-Big Ten last season.

He played in nine games in 2017 with eight starts for the 13-1 Badgers.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2018, 08:58:17 AM »
Despite his 4* OL status, I've been a proponent of this move. 

I've read elsewhere (a generally reliable poster) that RS freshman Kayden Lyles has been moved from OL to DL. If true, I like it. Depth is solid on the OL but the DL needs help with two of its projected starters on the shelf. Probably won't know if this move is for certain until the fall camp roster comes out, so we'll see. The kid is a beast, regardless of where he plays.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

bayareabadger

• Legend
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
Despite his 4* OL status, I've been a proponent of this move.

I've read elsewhere (a generally reliable poster) that RS freshman Kayden Lyles has been moved from OL to DL. If true, I like it. Depth is solid on the OL but the DL needs help with two of its projected starters on the shelf. Probably won't know if this move is for certain until the fall camp roster comes out, so we'll see. The kid is a beast, regardless of where he plays.
A friend of mine likes to say, once a recruit moves positions, that’s often the first sign it’s over. Granted, Wisconsin seems to do it with walk-ons a lot. 
The end issue is interesting, as UW can get away with playing one against More than a few opponents. 

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2018, 11:28:42 AM »
A friend of mine likes to say, once a recruit moves positions, that’s often the first sign it’s over. Granted, Wisconsin seems to do it with walk-ons a lot.
The end issue is interesting, as UW can get away with playing one against More than a few opponents.
I'd say like 80% of the time that's true

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.