header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: 2019 Senseless Recruiting Jibberish

(Read 43018 times)

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
Re: 2019 Senseless Recruiting Jibberish
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2018, 12:39:31 PM »
Dean Engram sounds like the adversary from an 80s comedy

MaximumSam

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
4 star OL Harry Miller commits to the Bucks out of Georgia

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2018, 02:19:22 PM »
Big weekend in Madison. Looks like they are getting ready to flip Graham Mertz. Literally.

U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2018, 04:26:57 PM »
Bama and Tennessee have now offered 3* MSU RB commit Jordan Huff from GA, and Georgia sounds likely to follow.

My guess he is neither an MSU commit or 3* for much longer

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2018, 03:33:07 PM »
MSU adds 3* OT Damon Kaylor from Indiana over Virginia, Vandy, IU and BC. Wisconsin had been poking around but hadn't offered.  I like the caliber of academic schools looking at him, and it's nice to get him in the fold as the #2 OT in the class before UW decided they wanted to be more involved.
3* OT Nic Broeker tried to commit the same day, MSU didn't accept it, so today he committed to Ole Miss.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2018, 08:59:24 AM »
And the OSU and ND writers are going "ummmmmm, but... ummmmmm"..

https://twitter.com/GrahamMertz5

U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2018, 03:16:50 PM »
Nebraska added another commitment on Friday as athlete Ronald Thompkins announced his verbal pledge to the Huskers. The Grayson (Ga.) High athlete made the announcement on Twitter. He told Husker247 afterwards he just felt the timing was right for a commitment.

"I just wanted to do it today (Friday)," he said. "There was no specific reason. I've never been to Nebraska. I have a lot of trust in people that have been up there and a lot of them are telling me how it is up there, and that's pretty much why I decided I could go ahead and make the commitment."

Thompkins was previously a Florida State commitment, but he stepped back from the Seminoles in September, following a knee injury he sustained during the season.

Grayson's recruiting coordinator, Kenyatta Watson, said Thompkins is close to 100 percent at this time, and that he just ran a 4.5 40-yard dash at Alabama the week prior to the commitment.

The four-star athlete had offers from 20 schools at the time of his commitment. Alabama and USC, each of whom had offered, reached out earlier this week, but Thompkins was already set on his decision. Both Thompkins and Watson said the recruit is finished with other schools and is focused on Nebraska.

Nebraska now holds nine commitments, with three of them slated to be involved at the running back position. Thompkins joins Thomas Grayson and Rahmir Johnson, both of whom committed in the spring. 
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2018, 07:49:43 AM »
The Badgers added another commit over the weekend.

Gio Paez is out of North Carolina and will play DT for UW.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2018, 05:50:05 PM »
Semar Melvin, a CB out of St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, has committed to be a Badger.

I love Aquinas kids. Disciplined and coachable. They usually work out well too.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

ELA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2018, 11:17:53 AM »
3* OG Nick Samac from Mentor, OH commits to MSU over IU, BC, Duke and Vandy
Funny thing, now OSU offers.

Apparently he told Urban thanks, but no thanks, but that's a long time to have all the locals in your ear, and he has two HS teammates committed to OSU already.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:20:07 AM by ELA »

grillrat

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2018, 11:40:15 AM »
Purdue has picked up a bunch of recruits in the past week to the point where they now have 11 commitments and have, for the moment, broken into a few top 25 class rankings for 2019.  While I am sure that they will eventually be knocked out of the top 25 as other schools start to reel in the 5 star guys, the quality of recruits has certainly picked up over Hazell's years as Brohm has already picked up 2 or 3 (depending on the ranking service) 4* players and the others are mostly in the solid 3* range.  I think Hazell pulled in 2 four star players over his entire tenure.

I suspect the final rankings will probably end up somewhere in the 40's or 50's, but considering we were stuck in the 70's and 80's before, I'll take any improvement we can get at this point.

grillrat

• Player
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2018, 01:54:07 PM »
Actually, a correction, Purdue has now picked up 15 recruits.  Was 14 this morning but just got another pick-up from Nyles Beverly.

Only a 3 star recruit, but the other thing I've been noticing is that many of the recruits we are getting have decent offer lists.  Nyles had offers from Michigan, Minnesota, Pitt, Rutgers, Vandy, Kentucky, and Iowa State.  Under Hazell, most of the guys we got had nothing but MAC schools listed as their other offers, so that in itself should also be seen as progress.

betarhoalphadelta

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »
Purdue now sitting 6th in conference and 23rd nationally according to 247. 

Looking over the list, what strikes me is that while I think there are definitely a number of teams below Purdue that I expect will jump us as we get farther along, it's a LOT fewer than I thought. 

In conference I think Purdue might pass Minnesota, but I think there's a good chance MSU and Nebraska will leap Purdue as their classes start to fill up. But I don't really see anyone else below us that's recruiting at an "average quality of recruit" that significantly exceeds Purdue. And there's still a lot of time for Purdue to improve, especially if Purdue shows continued progress this year on the field. 

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2018, 05:38:24 PM »
I like what I'm seeing in West LayFlat. Of course, Purdue can pass Minnesota.

Purdue could pass Minnesota with a clown coaching it.. oh.. wait.. That's the Minnesota coach.
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.