header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Texas at West Virginia

(Read 14383 times)

Kris61

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
Re: Texas at West Virginia
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2017, 07:49:58 PM »
I'm afraid Texas might take us to the woodshed.  Y'all's defense is good enough to do what Ok St did to us and sort of what you guys did to Ok St. Have a light box up front, drop eight into coverage,  take away the deep ball, and dare us to run it.  We couldn't do it and Grier had his worst game of the year.  Our O-Line is not physical.

That game wasn't nearly as close as the final score either.  Ok St kicked our ass.  The D has played better the last couple of games but Iowa St and K State both were playing kids at QB who were 3rd string at the start of the season.  Who is going to play for UT, Ehlinger or  Buechele?

For whatever reason I've probably watched more Texas games this year than anyone else except WVU.  I really like the defense.  Offensively, they are a tough watch at times.  I heard you guys were a little beat up at corner.  That's a bad spot to be thin against WVU.  The deep ball has been our best weapon all year.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2017, 08:46:09 PM »
Kris61 if we had an offense Id agree with you but sadly I fear the worst

no def will remain strong if the Off goes 3 and out over and over
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »
I'm afraid Texas might take us to the woodshed.  Y'all's defense is good enough to do what Ok St did to us and sort of what you guys did to Ok St. Have a light box up front, drop eight into coverage,  take away the deep ball, and dare us to run it.  We couldn't do it and Grier had his worst game of the year.  Our O-Line is not physical.

That game wasn't nearly as close as the final score either.  Ok St kicked our ass.  The D has played better the last couple of games but Iowa St and K State both were playing kids at QB who were 3rd string at the start of the season.  Who is going to play for UT, Ehlinger or  Buechele?

For whatever reason I've probably watched more Texas games this year than anyone else except WVU.  I really like the defense.  Offensively, they are a tough watch at times.  I heard you guys were a little beat up at corner.  That's a bad spot to be thin against WVU.  The deep ball has been our best weapon all year.
Oh.  Huh.  You're a WVU fan?  I figured you were a B1G fan.  Anyway, welcome to the B12 board.  Stick around...

CousinFreddie

• Player
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2017, 08:31:56 AM »
Oh I’ve posted with Kris before.  He’s a very knowledgeable fan and a good sport.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2017, 09:25:03 AM »
Oh I’ve posted with Kris before.  He’s a very knowledgeable fan and a good sport.
Yeah, I know, he's been around a while.  Just poking fun because he spends all his time on the B1G board, and rarely slums it with us over here in 12 land.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »
Yeah, I know, he's been around a while.  Just poking fun because he spends all his time on the B1G board, and rarely slums it with us over here in 12 land.
Admission requirements are pretty low around here.

We will need to know your favorite beer, and how you prefer your chili.

Not required but for extra credit - if you like to BBQ or smoke meat, please elaborate.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:54:00 AM by BrownCounty »

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2017, 01:34:35 PM »
I just wish it would get cold enough to really enjoy some chili.  

Admission standards are low, but acceptance standards remain lofty.  I've been here well over a decade and some of these guys are happy to hang out with me in real life, but on here if you weren't around in the CNNSIASDFJKL; days, you ain't sh!t.  

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »
HA!  Those were the days indeed.

Temperature are supposed to dip a bit on Sunday,  I might make some chili then.  Need to see what I've got salted away, I might have some venison in the deep freeze.  

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2017, 01:57:41 PM »
If you show up with tamales, acceptance is quick. 

At least if you want to gain my acceptance anyway, can't speak for the others. 

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2017, 02:30:39 PM »
Not only for a gringo, but for anybody, I am quite the Mexican food aficionado.  And while it would be hard to name my favorite standard item within the realm of conventional Mexican cuisine - the tamale is just unbeatable.
The problem is in restaurants they don't serve enough.  For instance, a tamale dinner may have 2-3 tamales on the plate.  For real?  I could inhale that before I sat down.  No for me, tamales require something in the 5-6 count range at least.
So for that reason, sometimes I will order a plate that just has one tamale along with other items (enchiladas, etc) but the truth is I enjoy the tamale the most.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2017, 03:09:13 PM »
I like tamales.

But for me, the premier dish in the realm of Mexican food, is the cheese enchilada with brown chile gravy
(often their con carne sauce).  That is the first thing I'll order at any new restaurant, and the standard by which I judge any Mexican food establishment.  If they can't get that one right, I never bother going back to order anything else.

BrownCounty

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »
I like tamales.

But for me, the premier dish in the realm of Mexican food, is the cheese enchilada with brown chile gravy (often their con carne sauce).
The cheese enchilada surely offers a distinct taste at almost each and every fine establishment (as opposed to some lower rung joints, where they're all the same).  The thing is, sometimes you can be disappointed.  I've had a nasty cheese enchilada before.  For that reason, I typically don't go out of my way to order cheese enchiladas unless it just happens to come with my plate.

But I do understand how it could be a reflection of what's going on in the kitchen.  Once I decide I like a place, maybe I should order a cheese enchilada.  Hopefully they won't ruin it for me.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2017, 06:48:09 PM »
Now I'm hungry.  

Anybody like jambalaya or crawfish etouffee?  I'll trade you a pot for some chili and some Tex-Mex.  

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2017, 06:56:16 PM »

At least if you want to gain my acceptance anyway, can't speak for the others.
My previous comment excludes you.  
Erin always talks to me.  
Sometimes she even comes up with a spare LSU ticket and we go watch the bengals put a beatdown on Aggie.  
Erin has seen me masquerading as a Texan in my 2nd home, she's been a visitor in a foreign land right along with me, and she's seen me in my natural habitat in Baton Rouge.  
Erin gets me.  We are football bros.  
Even though she's a chick.  

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.