header pic

The B12 (XII) Forum, home of the 'Front Porch, y'all' at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: You Know What I Hate....?

(Read 82702 times)

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
Re: You Know What I Hate....?
« Reply #560 on: July 26, 2018, 01:49:15 PM »
It's all about the hippie lettuce with you, isn't it? ;)

What can I say? It's the greatest plant given by God. 
Or at least my hippie-church says so. 

UT-Erin03

• Red Shirt
  • Liked:
« Reply #561 on: July 26, 2018, 02:12:08 PM »
Regarding the Dollar Tree, that's pretty much my childhood toy store, haha.  Forget Toys R Us and their long aisles of expensive toys, when we were with Grandma, we went to Dollar Tree for new stuff.  I liked how they had crosswords and puzzle books, and I remember getting pez candy for our pez dispensers there (probably over a year expired but Grandma didn't seem to care).  

SO at least my childhood toy store isn't closed yet.  

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #562 on: July 26, 2018, 05:09:35 PM »

Speaking of that - you know how vampires have no reflection in mirrors?  I wonder if auto-flush toilets, auto-sinks, auto-soap dispensers and auto-hand dryers work for them or if they just pretend the vampire isn't there?  Can you imagine being a vampire and being unable to wash your hands?  Standing in the restroom, screaming "I vant to vash my hands!"
Have I ever told yall how much I love motion detector tech, especially for public restrooms?
I think it may be the single greatest invention given to mankind
significantly slowing the spread of germs in public places is awesome
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #563 on: July 26, 2018, 05:15:52 PM »
Years ago, when my fourth child was born, my i s c & a wife and I made the commitment to take turns spending one on one time with each of our kids every Wednesday.  That way we could get to know them better as individuals instead of just a mob.  Wednesdays were ideal originally because that's the night when lots of kids eat free.
the Ex and I did Friday nights with our daughters
great experience, I'm sure I enjoyed it more than my daughters, but they didn't complain much
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #564 on: July 27, 2018, 10:44:39 AM »
I can't think of any reason the typically IR-receiving sensors in most automated bathroom appliances wouldn't also be able to sense a vampire.  Vampires might have no reflection, but they are solid, physical beings, which should be able to block or reflect a beam of IR light, same as any normal human.

I do wonder, though, whether the nature of their flesh might interact differently with the capacitive-touch-sensors associated with most modern smart phone screens.  Imagine being a vampire and not being able to make a phone call, or check the weather in Transylvania next Tuesday.

I suppose they're already accustomed to not being able to take selfies, so no big deal on that front.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #565 on: July 27, 2018, 02:26:49 PM »
so now we have morphed into big bang theory
They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

utee94

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #566 on: July 29, 2018, 04:26:30 PM »
I've only caught that show a couple of times, but for the most part I'm unimpressed with the science.

So basically, those guys are wishing they were THIS thread.

longhorn320

• Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #567 on: July 29, 2018, 09:18:13 PM »
I've only caught that show a couple of times, but for the most part I'm unimpressed with the science.

So basically, those guys are wishing they were THIS thread.

This is what I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R5w4Qz6pVk
or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7_PJ6sW5EA

They won't let me give blood anymore. The burnt orange color scares the hell out of the doctors.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #568 on: July 31, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »
I hate the message board drive-bys that start happening around this time of year.  So there one is, on one's favorite LSU blog, when suddenly the peace and tranquility is disrupted as one realizes that Miami had a good season last year, so it's time for their fans to crawl out of the woodwork and act like they know something about football.  Too bad they still won't crawl to their home games.  Still, I suppose it's good for something to occupy their time other than having herpes.  

Y'all know what I'm talking about.  Don't y'all hate it when some random guy from somewhere not even in your own conference drops by uninvited and interrupts everything with inane chatter?

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #569 on: July 31, 2018, 03:15:18 PM »
As long as there has been people, there have been conversations about the plausibilities of fictional characters.  Before Sheldon and Leonard speculated about Superman, Jerry argued to George that Superman was bound to have a super sense of humor.  In Stand By Me, the kids wondered what Goofy was and why the Wagon Train never got anywhere.  I seem to recall Wally and the Beav having imaginative arguments like that too.  It's life.

By the way, did you know the characters Sheldon and Leonard were named those names as an homage to Sheldon Leonard, the great TV producer of the Danny Thomas Show, the Andy Griffith Show, Dick Van Dyke and I Spy?  You may remember him as Nick the bartender in Martini's Bar in It's a Wonderful Life.

MikeDeTiger

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #570 on: July 31, 2018, 03:19:56 PM »
Also, I hate cancer.  My fiance lost her mother to cancer in April, at the young age of 65.  Last week an old friend lost his dad as well, both distant relatives of mine, and we buried him this morning.  He was only 64.  

Suck it, cancer.  

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #571 on: July 31, 2018, 03:26:48 PM »
I hate the message board drive-bys that start happening around this time of year.  So there one is, on one's favorite LSU blog, when suddenly the peace and tranquility is disrupted as one realizes that Miami had a good season last year, so it's time for their fans to crawl out of the woodwork and act like they know something about football.  Too bad they still won't crawl to their home games.  Still, I suppose it's good for something to occupy their time other than having herpes.  

Y'all know what I'm talking about.  Don't y'all hate it when some random guy from somewhere not even in your own conference drops by uninvited and interrupts everything with inane chatter?
No.  I love it.  
Wish somebody would do that here.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #572 on: July 31, 2018, 03:29:06 PM »
Also, I hate cancer.  My fiance lost her mother to cancer in April, at the young age of 65.  Last week an old friend lost his dad as well, both distant relatives of mine, and we buried him this morning.  He was only 64.  

Suck it, cancer.  
Your fiance is 65?
Any loss is absolutely terrible but many people lose their folks at much younger ages.  I lost my father when I was 45 and my mom when I was 55.  
Nonetheless, it is absolutely tragic.
Cool you like older ladies though.

CharleyHorse46

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #573 on: July 31, 2018, 03:31:26 PM »
Wait.... Amos, did you say your 64 year old friend AND your 65 year old fiance are both distant relatives of yours?

Dood,

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.