header pic

Perhaps the BEST B1G Forum anywhere, here at College Football Fan Site, CFB51!!!

The 'Old' CFN/Scout Crowd- Enjoy Civil discussion, game analytics, in depth player and coaching 'takes' and discussing topics surrounding the game. You can even have your own free board, all you have to do is ask!!!

Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to join our FREE site and to take part in our community- a community with you- the user, the fan, -and the person- will be protected from intrusive actions and with a clean place to interact.

Author

Topic: Nebraska 2018 Season Thread

(Read 51928 times)

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
Re: Nebraska 2017 Offseason Thread
« Reply #532 on: May 01, 2018, 01:13:57 PM »

https://twitter.com/GarrettSnodgras/status/990751960264511488

Those appear to be pretty good #'s...  99th percentile overall... dang

Temp430

• All Star
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: May 03, 2018, 08:06:06 AM »
Nebraska FB Ben Miles will transfer.  I hope he gives Michigan a look.  He's the son of Les Miles and Coach Harbaugh likes to use fullbacks.  Michigan FB Mason was limited this spring due to an injury so it seems like a good fit.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:22:56 AM by Temp430 »
A decade of Victory over Penn State.

All in since 1969

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #534 on: May 03, 2018, 09:35:24 AM »
good decision by Miles, we wish him success and luck
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: May 03, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »
agree.   Good decision by Miles and wish him the best.   

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #536 on: May 05, 2018, 10:04:05 PM »
JOHNSTON, Iowa — After a two-year hiatus, it appears Iowa and Nebraska will return to their Black Friday tradition.

The Hawkeyes and Cornhuskers will resume their series on the regular season’s final Friday beginning with the 2022 season, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said on Saturday.

“It sounds like we’re going to rekindle it, right, whatever year that is,” Ferentz said at a Iowa youth camp event in Johnston, Iowa.

Last fall, former Nebraska athletics director Shawn Eichorst and former football coach Mike Riley publicly stated their preference to stop playing on Black Friday. Iowa remained interested in keeping that date. When the Big Ten announced the 2020 and 2021 schedules, league officials switched the Hawkeyes’ season-ending opponent to Wisconsin. Iowa athletics director Gary Barta said he has had surface discussions with Wisconsin athletics director Barry Alvarez about moving those games to Friday.

“I think after that, I think we’re back together and I think it’s maybe a long-term thing,” Ferentz said. “But I thought the last one was long term, too. We saw how that turned out.”
"Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."

MrNubbz

• Hall of Fame
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #537 on: May 05, 2018, 10:39:24 PM »
Farmageddon!Kinda get the feel with Frost like when Tressel landed in C-Bus.The Boss has finally arrived
Suburbia:Where they tear out the trees & then name streets after them.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #538 on: May 06, 2018, 09:17:49 AM »
gonna be more intense and more fun than with Riley

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #539 on: May 25, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
By NU Athletic Communications | 05/25/2018

With kickoff for the 2018 football season less than 100 days away, Husker fans have the opportunity to be a part of the game-day experience at Memorial Stadium this fall. The Nebraska Athletic Department will place approximately 600 remaining season tickets on sale on Wednesday, May 30 at 10 a.m.

Fans interested in purchasing tickets may do so at Huskers.com/tickets or by calling 1-800-8-BIG RED. The remaining seats are located in both end zones of Memorial Stadium and are at lower donation levels, beginning at $150 per seat. Purchases will be limited to four tickets per account.

“I have heard from many Husker fans who want to be there from the start of the Coach Frost era, and this is a great opportunity to do just that,” Athletic Director Bill Moos said. “It is also important to me that we have as many new season ticket holders as possible at Memorial Stadium, so we are limiting the number of tickets one individual can purchase.”

Season tickets for the 2018 football season are $399 for a seven-game ticket package, or $57 per game. Season ticket holders receive the benefit of more than a 20 percent cost savings versus the price of single-game tickets. New season ticket buyers will pay for their tickets and donation at the time of purchase.

Hoss

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2018, 10:23:29 AM »
2018 is going to be harsh, there is no way around it. This is a program which is sorely lacking in talent and speed on the perimeter- on both sides of the ball- transitioning into a program that is built on having talent and speed on the perimeter. Scott is doing all that can be asked to address this deficit as quickly as it can possibly be addressed, but there is only so much any coach can do in a year, or even two. Fortunately the schedule softens considerably in 2019, so there is the potential for a substantial improvement in Year Two…but Year One is going to be rough. 7-6 would be an achievement IMO.

As I was telling Ent the other day, I supported Mike Riley initially but in hindsight I wonder just how exactly he planned on winning with the program he had left behind. Even running a pro style offense, as opposed to some Spread variant, we were going to dreadfully short of speed and athleticism. Even after three years, the QB room was a mess and walkon TEs were the rule. This is to say nothing of the completely baffling direction the defense had taken, in fattening up an already under-athletic group and bringing a lunatic into the building.

Just very disappointing hire, that set us back…I knew Riley wasn’t more than average, but I had hopes that we’d got ourselves a mature professional to right the ship. Instead we got an old man with poor judgment that made rookie mistakes. Lesson learned: when it comes to coaches, intelligence and judgment trumps experience.

847badgerfan

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #541 on: May 30, 2018, 10:51:13 AM »
Hoss,

I have no doubt in my mind that UNL will be better off for hiring Frost. 1990's better? Time will tell. Things have changed in the landscape. I don't think UW is going anywhere, anytime soon. Iowa and Northwestern are always solid, and Purdue seems to be doing all the right things under Brohm. 

Also, as an aside, if your coach was PJ Barnum/rowboat, this would be year ZERO. Not year one as you state.

So, there's that.

:96:
U RAH RAH! WIS CON SIN!

Hoss

• Red Shirt
  • Default Avatar
  • Liked:
« Reply #542 on: May 30, 2018, 11:23:43 AM »
Oh gosh, the 1990s are long gone. 

I’d like to see us as a 10-11 win type of program, that occasionally wins 12-13 games, bottoms out at 8-9 wins if things go south. Win a conference title now and then, go to some top-tier bowls and win some of them, finish in the Top 15 most of the time. Basically, a modern version of what we were in the 70s and 80s.

I think we have the guy who can accomplish that, with the resources available.  And he wears no sweatervests. 

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #543 on: May 30, 2018, 11:44:35 AM »

I’d like to see us as a 10-11 win type of program, that occasionally wins 12-13 games, bottoms out at 8-9 wins if things go south. Win a conference title now and then, go to some top-tier bowls and win some of them, finish in the Top 15 most of the time. Basically, a modern version of what we were in the 70s and 80s.

this...........
getting to the Badger's level in the West is the goal.  To be able to go toe to toe with them, build a battle of the Big Red's rivalry for bragging rights in the West.
Then having a special season a couple times a decade;  being good enough or lucky enough to knock off the winner of the East and getting in the playoff.
that's all I ask for...........
Is Frosty the man to take the program there?  Time will tell.

FearlessF

• Hall of Fame
  • Liked:
« Reply #544 on: June 03, 2018, 08:49:07 AM »
this week in Husker history:

1913: A news report out of Madison, Wis., denies that Nebraska is pursuing membership in the Western Conference (today’s Big Ten), but it would turn out the Huskers were doing exactly that.

Entropy

• Starter
  • Liked:
« Reply #545 on: June 05, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
Luke McCaffrey commits to the Nebraska. Huskers pick up their 2019 QB.   He is a 4-star recruit as a dual-threat quarterback and athlete. He's considered the No. 1 recruit from the state of Colorado, the No. 17 athlete prospect in the country and the No. 262 recruit overall, per 247Sports.

Support the Site!
Purchase of every item listed here DIRECTLY supports the site.